How to get better ms in WoW using a satellite internet

I just moved from one of the biggest cities in the world to a small city, and started using a satellite internet. But the ping is 600ms and im barelly playing. I know that there isnt much to do, but there is anyway to increase the speed that my signal takes to get to the satellite ? Or something that helps bringing my ms in game to 200-300 ?

7+ Year Old Account
    You move back to where you were.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You cant do anything. Your latency is simply the time the data needs to travel. Your options are moving, getting a new hobby (i hear hiking is fun) or pray that the 21st century arrives in your town soon.

I know that there isnt much to do, but there is anyway to increase the speed that my signal takes to get to the satellite
    You answered your own question. There's not much to do, unless you figure out a way to break the speed of light. 200-300 isn't gonna happen as it takes that long for the data to travel from earth to the satellite and back, and then you have other overhead on top of that, plus regular latency once it gets on the ground. 600 is about as good as you're going to get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minah View Post
    I just moved from one of the biggest cities in the world to a small city, and started using a satellite internet. But the ping is 600ms and im barelly playing. I know that there isnt much to do, but there is anyway to increase the speed that my signal takes to get to the satellite ? Or something that helps bringing my ms in game to 200-300 ?
    Enable CTCP.

And that's basically it me thinks.

TPC 1323, Window Scaling is also an option but all they really will do is that they will enable more efficient transfers of larger chunks of data over a high BDP network(which your sattelite likely is). Although, you haven't mentioned your data rates so that may be literally useless as well as the algorithm functions at its best, in igher bandwitdh environments.

Outside of that, well, you said it yourself, there isn't much you can do, so many variables and it's just a physical limitation to transport a signal reliably and fast enough through air and very long distances.

Your internet has to be beamed from the fucking sky to your house. You cannot game with satellite internet. It's just a limitation of the type of internet you have. I used to work for Dish, though, and it'd always infuriate me when idiot salespeople would flat out lie and tell people it's "great for gaming."

Well thanks you guys. For all the helpful info.