Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] Titanfall 2

Feels fitting to have one of these since the Tech Test is open. Tech Test is only available for PS4 and Xbox One.

Titanfall 2 Tech Test Trailer:

Titanfall 2 Single Player Trailer:

Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Trailer:

www.titanfall.com

In-Game Info:
    What follows is what's currently available in the TF2 Tech Test Week 1.

Titans: Each titan has a preset loadout with customizable perks. Titan Kit, Titanfall Kit and [Titan Name] Kit.
    Ion, and Scorch

Titan Kits:
    Assault Chip - Increased Auto-Titan lethality.
    Turbo Engine - 1 extra dash.
    Overcore - Titan starts with 20% Core Build Time.

Titanfall Kits:
    Bubbleshield - Your Titan is protected by a dome shield upon landing.
    Warpfall - Your Titan warps into battle.

Ion: Carrys a fully auto energy rifle that when ADS, will 'split-fire', shooting 3 of its normal rounds horizontally. No dropoff. Uses energy for abilities.
    Abilities:
    Vortex Shield - Reflects incoming projectile fire. (Not energy weapons like Charge Rifle.)
    Laser Shot - Precision, direct fire laser. High burst damage, high energy usage.
    Tripwire - Laser triggered explosive mines. (Good anti-pilot.)

Ion Kits:
    Entangled Energy - Non-split critical hits restore energy. (Hip fire critical hits with primary weapon restores energy for abilities.)
    Vortex Amplifier - Increases Vortex Shield's damage output. (Reflects incoming projectiles.)

Scorch: Carrys a single shot thermite launcher which spreads fire around its impact location. Heavy dropoff.
    Abilities:
    Thermal Shield - Melts incoming fire and burns nearby enemies.
    Firewall - Fires a directed wall of thermite.
    Incendiary Trap - Fills an area with thermite ignitable gas.

Scorch Kits:
    Wildfire Launcher - More fire is spread from the Thermite Launcher.
    Inferno Shield - Thermal Shield lasts longer and deals more damage.

Pilots: Only going to go over abilities and kits - weapons are self explanatory.
    Abilities:
    Pulse Blade - Throwing knife with a sonar pulse that exposes enemies through all surfaces.
    Grapple - Grappling Hook for getting to out of reach places quickly. Strategic jumps enhances its effectiveness. (Can grapple onto anything, including Titans and Pilots for kills.)
    Holo Pilot - Create a holographic copy of yourself mimicking your actions when created.
    Stim - Quickly heals you and massively boosts your speed for a short time.
    Cloak - Become nearly invisible. Increased effectiveness vs. Titans.

Pilot Kits:
    (You pick one of these 3 for Kit 1.)
    Power Cell - Reduces the cooldown of your ability.
    Fast Regen - Health regeneration begins sooner.
    Phase Embark - Quickly teleport into your Titan.

(Pick one of these for Kit 2.)
    Kill Report - Enemy death locations marked by skulls on the HUD.
    Wallhang - Hang onto walls by aiming while wallrunning.
    Hover - Aiming while airborne allows you to hover.

Respawn Entertainment Twitter: www.twitter.com/Respawn

Personal Comments: I thoroughly enjoyed Titanfall 1, and so far, this definitely lives up to its name, and I'm loving it. I plan to buy this ahead of time to be ready to go when it launches 10/28/16 at Midnight EST.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Xkiller9000; 2016-08-20 at 06:39 AM.

Do you have any estimated system spec requirements for PC? (If it'll be released there at any point)

Deleted
    I'm *so* glad that they decided to add a SP this time around. I'm sure it'll be a short yet very fun experience.

After playing the Xbox One Alpha:

Game feels alot like Call of Duty atm, in terms of mechanics and pace. That's not a bad thing in this case. Smooth frame rate for a "Pre Alpha", and the Multiplayer was enjoyable.

Not alot of weapon choices in alpha, but it keeps it simplified. I didn't care for the grappling hook, felt too slow to be useful in the heat of battle as an escape route or a position changer.

Overall, not bad. However I doubt I'll buy it at launch because it releases too close to Battlefield 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    After playing the Xbox One Alpha:

Game feels alot like Call of Duty atm, in terms of mechanics and pace. That's not a bad thing in this case. Smooth frame rate for a "Pre Alpha", and the Multiplayer was enjoyable.

Not alot of weapon choices in alpha, but it keeps it simplified. I didn't care for the grappling hook, felt too slow to be useful in the heat of battle as an escape route or a position changer.

Overall, not bad. However I doubt I'll buy it at launch because it releases too close to Battlefield 1.
    They did say the build were playing was a June build. Also, I managed to get in direct contact with the Lead Multiplayer Designer, Todd Alderman, and told him about how it feels like theres heavy gravity (jump height) and getting Titan Timers back would be a good thing, and he said he would talk to the team about it, so I have high hopes there.

Other than that, my only complaint is the Titan's HP, which would be ok if there were timers so theyre in more often.

Deleted
    and getting Titan Timers back would be a good thing, and he said he would talk to the team about it, so I have high hopes there.

Other than that, my only complaint is the Titan's HP, which would be ok if there were timers so theyre in more often.
    What do you mean, I believe a lot of people disliked the amount of Titans on the battlefield.

10+ Year Old Account
    When i was on reddit yesterday, that was one of the complaints that was in literally almost every post, a lot of ppl seem to be disappointed with the tech test, idk why

- - - Updated - - -

Comparing movement between TF1 and TF2

Was the Titanfall 2 single player trailer shown before? I swear it sounds really familiar. Like from Titanfall 1 familiar.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    It's old(er), yes. You might be thinking about the new Call of Doody though.

When i was on reddit yesterday, that was one of the complaints that was in literally almost every post, a lot of ppl seem to be disappointed with the tech test, idk why
    I see no reason either, it's very similar, albeit a *little* bit slower... but I'd call that "it looks smooth(er)".
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-22 at 03:29 PM.

The game seems to be so great. I have not played yet. This will be my next acquisition

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping this one won't make me motion sick.

When I bought TF1, I was able to play it for hours on end each day with no problem. Then I left the game for a long period of time. When I came back, I couldn't play longer than 30 minutes without feeling nauseous. I don't know if it was due to any sort of visual update, but it really made me sad since I love the game and can no longer play it.

I'm super excited to try this one out, but not at the risk of getting sick.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game needs more background noise or some kind of ambience. Everything just sounds so quiet aside from the weapons. The weapons sound great.

It also feels like its incredibly easy to sneak up on people. I'm not sure if this is intended to counter camping, but I've killed so many people by just running around the map using melee only.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    So whats the preferred game mode for people here?
    Only just bought the game yesterday and haven't played more than 2 pvp games yet.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    So whats the preferred game mode for people here?
    Only just bought the game yesterday and haven't played more than 2 pvp games yet.
    Attrition.

The game is dead. Random people like to claim its the best shooter yet you'll find nobody actually playing the game. There's like 12k people on PSN right now which is less than the population of people playing Black ops 3.

Titanfall is just overrated. It's a 7/10 game that has been reviewed as a 9/10 game.

Megathread, more like megadead!

Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Attrition.

The game is dead. Random people like to claim its the best shooter yet you'll find nobody actually playing the game. There's like 12k people on PSN right now which is less than the population of people playing Black ops 3.

Titanfall is just overrated. It's a 7/10 game that has been reviewed as a 9/10 game.
    I think it's an awesome game, I even chose it (and still would choose it) above Battlefield 1. I like the fast-paced gameplay, the setting, the style, the titans. Now if only more people would realise its awesomeness, then we would have enough players

And yes, attrition
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Extreme necro since i couldn't find the other thread. Holy shit did they drop a great surprise: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ming-next-week

Titanfall 2's four-player co-op horde mode, Frontier Defense, will be added 25th July as a free update on all platforms.

Here players will have to defend their Harvester against five waves of increasingly difficult enemies. By defeating foes you'll earn currency to buy traps, sentries, and other tools to thwart off the siege.

The new mode will launch with five maps: Homestead, Forwardbase Kodai, War Games, Rise, and Blackwater Canal.

Frontier Defense will include its own upgrade system with Aegis Ranks, which are earned by completing matches. Rising the ranks will provide unlocks for your Titans, but only for this PvE mode. The 25th July update will also add the new Livefire map Township, along with the new multi-mode map Rise

This came out of nowhere. A horde mode game where you can summon giant mechs and wall run? thats got me interested.

Its a shame the buzz for TF2 is so low since it was a fantastic game on release, had a fair few fantastic updates and they recently announced its numbers are steadily growing while almost every other AAA shooter of the last few years has seen a noticeable drop off. Maybe its word of mouth from a small but dedicated fanbase but for a game written off by many as dead its getting the support and free updates other games either charge a lot for or never get around to doing.

Its on deep sale on PSN right now so holy shit check this out. Great campaign, great multiplayer and co-op is a patch away.

Ya the game and all the support they give it is amazing.

Suck's EA sent it out to die tho. I highly recommend it if anyone is interested.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Me and my friends are were waiting for something like this. We'll check this out, never uninstalled in the first place, even though I didn't play it for more than a few hours in MP.

TF2 was the game of the year 2016 imho. Too bad it doesn't have a dedicated pro scene it's so much more fun to watch good players playing it than it is in CS or even games in other genres like LoL etc.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-07-23 at 03:19 PM.