Thread: [Fury] Frenzy

[Fury] Frenzy

Elisandre. Just her name leaves a sense of dread in the air. Remember those WQ in Suramar City? Yeah... It is enough to make any warrior go in a frenzy

I know I did, so I got into the LFR and slapped her. many times. also I can't post links yet.

[26.78 base haste]
    i.imgur com/xr82YtO.png
    I ended up doing 370+- auto attacks, right on her face.

Chronomatic
    [29.73 base haste using bad gear]
    i.imgur com/8EgIOkv.png
    BT had 1.76secs CD. Not even quick phase.

Now, the damage is awful. not funny how awful it is. but the insane speed? extra lols. Skada does not record power gain properly for me, but rage was going up like crazy!

Anyway, this got me thinking, the execution phase with this will be unreal. Tested on LFR and managed to get 16 stacks in a instant on Skorpiron, rage was no problem at all just spamming execute with Frothing Berserk uptime 100% like a breeze. in Gul'dan LFR got up to 23>storm of the destroyer reset>then 42 without bloodlust.

Stay with me in this one: go with a healer friend, kill yourself right at the start of the battle to escape the bloodlust, brez only when Gul'dan is at 20% to make sure you will have lust. won't get 99 stacks because you will kill him before lulz.

Gois. it is hilarious. I lost the Frenzy stacks mostly because my sides were trying to leave me. Stop everything u doing and try it yourself.

I really enjoy the frenzy style. I do think the stacks should last 1-second longer and come with a buff to furious slash' increasing the crit chance of BT though to make it competitive with the raging blow talent.

Rage gain though is just crazy and because of it you have an almost 100% enrage uptime since you'll be able to rock so many rampages so quickly.

Only real problem I have with it is when hero/warp/lust is up you'll latency cap and miss key commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsiak View Post
    in Gul'dan LFR got up to 23>storm of the destroyer reset>then 42
    You don't have to lose stacks in LFR. Don't run from storm of the destroyer , don't run from anything, just pop enraged generation if you get low on hp.
    I never lose execute stacks on normal Gul'dan and below.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    You don't have to lose stacks in LFR. Don't run from storm of the destroyer , don't run from anything, just pop enraged generation if you get low on hp.
    I never lose execute stacks on normal Gul'dan and below.
    You can do it on Heroic as well, with the appropriate gear.

Regarding Frenzy, the real issue is that it's a one-trick Pony, and by that I mean there is very little room to do anything else other than spam RB all day. That's why Inner Rage is strong; not because of the damage increase, but due to the GCD compression. With Frenzy, you need to use RB every GCD you can to keep rage up, otherwise you're less able to maintain Enrage via Rampage and waste a lot of time using Furious Slash outside of simply maintaining Frenzy, which is a huge loss due to its abysmal damage; that means it's that much harder to make room for Draught of Souls, Odyn's Fury, or Whirlwind.

As I've said many times, Frenzy is actually very competitive with Inner Rage on paper, however, it's much harder to take advantage of on anything that isn't a static single target encounter, compounded by the fact that the rotation itself is more difficult to play due to juggling more short term buffs and a less consistent rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    You don't have to lose stacks in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    You can do it on Heroic as well, with the appropriate gear.
    Blizzard should put such important things in the tooltips. I'm always behind in the zerging techniques...

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Only real problem I have with it is when hero/warp/lust is up you'll latency cap and miss key commands.
    I was thinking about that and I deduced the ultimate solution. just listen srly its good.

• Haste until your GCD matches your ping> Mastery
    • Put RB in mouse scroll up and down.
    • Put Execute in shift-mouse scroll up and down.
    • absolute madness guarantee.

I have a 150 ms minimum for living in the wrong hemisphere :c

As I've said many times, Frenzy is actually very competitive with Inner Rage on paper, however, it's much harder to take advantage of on anything that isn't a static single target encounter, compounded by the fact that the rotation itself is more difficult to play due to juggling more short term buffs and a less consistent rotation.
    What about PPM? When it says "Your attacks have a change to proc" they mean it or does it have a fixed rate? I bet they have a fixed rate. I don't have any with me to check lol. I was thinking Execute Ring and Convergence, maybe the one from spellblade?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsiak View Post
    What about PPM? When it says "Your attacks have a change to proc" they mean it or does it have a fixed rate? I bet they have a fixed rate. I don't have any with me to check lol. I was thinking Execute Ring and Convergence, maybe the one from spellblade?
    I don't know what you're asking, neither Frenzy, nor anything else being discussed has a proc associated to it.

I don't know what you're asking, neither Frenzy, nor anything else being discussed has a proc associated to it.
    I believe he's asking if additional haste would increase the proc chance of trinkets and the legendary ring.

I believe that falls under the heading of whether they are under a PPM or a RPPM system but I'm not sure.

Someone please correct if I'm wrong but I think PPM may be affected by haste (more hits, more chances to proc) and the RPPM is not as it has some weird bad luck protection things built in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I believe he's asking if additional haste would increase the proc chance of trinkets and the legendary ring.

I believe that falls under the heading of whether they are under a PPM or a RPPM system but I'm not sure.

Someone please correct if I'm wrong but I think PPM may be affected by haste (more hits, more chances to proc) and the RPPM is not as it has some weird bad luck protection things built in.
    Ah, gotcha.

Yes and no. There's no difference between PPM and RPPM, they're two names for the same thing. Most RPPM effects ignore haste now, but not all. The "general" rule (does not apply to everything) is that RPPM buttons (Wrecking Ball, Overpower, etc) benefit from Haste, while statistical or passive RPPM effects (most buffs and trinkets) do not.