Looking for Logging addon...

I'm looking for an addon that simply tells me when I am/am not logging (hell if someone can make a WeakAura for this, I'd be good on that too). That's it. No automatic logging, no messing with my logs, just a simple icon or words telling me when I'm logging/not (or just one or the other).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Try this https://wago.io/4y9W8oKJQ

But it won't update when /combatlog is changed or toggled, that's a bit more difficult to do

Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    But it won't update when /combatlog is changed or toggled, that's a bit more difficult to do
    Well the purpose of it is to detect when the game is like "Fuck you Polarthief, I'm not gonna log anymore", because it's been doing that an AWFUL lot lately (don't know why), to the point where I didn't log my guild's first kill on a new Mythic boss (and our backup apparently didn't get it either), and I've been pretty fed up with it just toggling off randomly.

So, if it doesn't update on its own, that's not really going to help my specific issue, but thank you for trying!
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Are you running out of space on your drive? If you have a combat log running for a long time it can get fairly large...
    Not at all and I deleted it just now anyway just in case.

Also were you the one who recommended AutoLog (but quickly deleted it)? It had the feature I wanted, I'm just trying to figure out how to make it show the logging (because even on the config panel, it's not showing it activated even when I activate it). Edit: Oh I have to be in a raid for it to show that, nvm
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-05-08 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    That's it. No automatic logging, no messing with my logs, just a simple icon

About that part, I added ENCOUNTER_START to the weakaura if that helps, it's another check to see if combat logging is active at the start of the boss fight

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've used LoggerHead for years now. The icon for it is white when not logging and green when you are logging. You can set it up to auto log or even set it up to ask you if you want to log when entering certain instances (you can specific between raids and dungeons and such IIRC). I have both features turned off though personally. Only use it for the icon to quickly switch between logging and not logging. Clicking it will toggle it rather than needing the command. May be worth checking it out. Icon sits where other minimap icons sit though. My UI is set up to move those minimap icons to a small bar though and that's where I can view the icon. The challenge is just remembering to check the icon lol.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-05-08 at 06:58 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    I've used LoggerHead for years now. The icon for it is white when not logging and green when you are logging. You can set it up to auto log or even set it up to ask you if you want to log when entering certain instances (you can specific between raids and dungeons and such IIRC). I have both features turned off though personally. Only use it for the icon to quickly switch between logging and not logging. Clicking it will toggle it rather than needing the command. May be worth checking it out. Icon sits where other minimap icons sit though. My UI is set up to move those minimap icons to a small bar though and that's where I can view the icon. The challenge is just remembering to check the icon lol.
    I used LoggerHead but I think it's actually what was causing my main issue of stuff randomly not being logged.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used LoggerHead but I think it's actually what was causing my main issue of stuff randomly not being logged.
    That's odd. Sure you don't have a setting for it to only log in instances? Might be disabling once you exit. With deaths no longer taking you outside of the raid I haven't had an issue with logging in Nighthold. Press the button when I enter and it stays on until I'm done and i leave. Not sure what triggers it to stop on my end though (whether it be dropping group, leaving the instance, or logging off). Haven't ran into a problem in Legion that would cause for me to investigate.

I'm not at home so I can't share my settings, but I could later this evening if it helps at all.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Are you running out of space on your drive? If you have a combat log running for a long time it can get fairly large...
    You can get around that. I use a Batch script that runs each time WoW exits that renames the combat, chat, and taint logs with a number so I can save everything, if my WoW doesn't crash (unrelated issue, been having memory problems). I keep the last 999 logs and can search almost everything I've seen in chat over the last year and a half. I don't have the combat log turned on, but that would be the same thing, along with the important taints I've kept that weren't the usual raid/worldmap taints, like ones my addon did or some other specific occurrence.

My Batch script has also grown into saving the last 9 iterations of my entire WTF folder, as well as archiving screenshots and ensuring my custom Fonts and Sound folders are immediately recopied if anything is ever deleted without my knowledge.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    That's odd. Sure you don't have a setting for it to only log in instances? Might be disabling once you exit. With deaths no longer taking you outside of the raid I haven't had an issue with logging in Nighthold. Press the button when I enter and it stays on until I'm done and i leave. Not sure what triggers it to stop on my end though (whether it be dropping group, leaving the instance, or logging off). Haven't ran into a problem in Legion that would cause for me to investigate.

I'm not at home so I can't share my settings, but I could later this evening if it helps at all.
    I think I'm just gonna use AutoLogger; seems to work fine, but doesn't exactly have the icon I was hoping for (unless I go into the config for it).

I also re-DL'd LoggerHead, but all the instances were just gone, even when I did a clean install (removed all saved stuff for it), so... yeah, gonna see if AL works over LH.

Been using Loggerhead without any difficulties for quite a while now as well. Dunno what might be causing your issue. I also use a weakaura to yell at me if I'm in a raid instance and combatlog is turned off. Whichever addon you go with, if you're the primary logger for your mythic guild, you should probably get a similar WA going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    You can get around that. I use a Batch script that runs each time WoW exits that renames the combat, chat, and taint logs with a number so I can save everything, if my WoW doesn't crash (unrelated issue, been having memory problems). I keep the last 999 logs and can search almost everything I've seen in chat over the last year and a half. I don't have the combat log turned on, but that would be the same thing, along with the important taints I've kept that weren't the usual raid/worldmap taints, like ones my addon did or some other specific occurrence.

My Batch script has also grown into saving the last 9 iterations of my entire WTF folder, as well as archiving screenshots and ensuring my custom Fonts and Sound folders are immediately recopied if anything is ever deleted without my knowledge.
    Sounds like a good subject for a thread all of its own IMO.
    At the very least, it offering an automated backup of the WTF folder.
    Is that something you would be willing to provide more detail about ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I'm looking for an addon that simply tells me when I am/am not logging (hell if someone can make a WeakAura for this, I'd be good on that too). That's it. No automatic logging, no messing with my logs, just a simple icon or words telling me when I'm logging/not (or just one or the other).
    Most guilds use Exorsus Raid Tools while raiding, so if you do, auto logging is built into it. And the options are very easy to set up. Also, if you do use it and that option is already turned on, maybe it would cause issues with loggerhead working correctly since they both are trying to do the same thing. Good luck!
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/exorsus-raid-tools

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    Most guilds use Exorsus Raid Tools while raiding, so if you do, auto logging is built into it. And the options are very easy to set up. Also, if you do use it and that option is already turned on, maybe it would cause issues with loggerhead working correctly since they both are trying to do the same thing. Good luck!
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/exorsus-raid-tools
    Oh shit, ERT has auto logging? Could be the root of the issue; never knew it had autologging and I've been using it since BRF, thank you!

Edit: It was off.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-05-08 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Sounds like a good subject for a thread all of its own IMO.
    At the very least, it offering an automated backup of the WTF folder.
    Is that something you would be willing to provide more detail about ?
    It's been years since I initially set it up, not counting the batch script itself being edited over time. I'll post a thread on the easiest way I believe it can be set up.

Edit: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...c-Batch-Script
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2017-05-09 at 12:17 AM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet