Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    what's the point, look at the thread discussion. This kid randomly stabbed his mom to death, what else is there to blame?
    Except this thread isn't meant to discuss anything. It's meant to be a forum for you to condemn autistic people because you don't understand a damn thing about them. Nor do you try to.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It treats the symptoms to make it more tolerable. Not a cure(There is none).
    Never heard of anyone needing medication for autism. This is the first time.

Deleted
    Didn't realise that 13 still qualified for "little kid"

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Your weird views about who you consider to be sub-human are well-known on this forum.
    I still suspect OP is an Autist because I've the same views on other groups. I just try to keep it to myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    you're not defending the kid are you?
    Innocent by means of insanity is a valid legal defense.

If you need medications and they are withheld from you by powers outside your own you're not necessarily going to be held criminally responsible. The real question is why were his meds withheld.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    what's the point, look at the thread discussion. This kid randomly stabbed his mom to death, what else is there to blame?
    The lack of medication in his system, plain and simple. When someone is dependant on medication to assist their brain in functioning properly, and then have those chemical(s) removed via not taking them, the results can be rather volatile. Even improper dosages are bad.

My brother has aspergers syndrome and OCD. One time about 7-8 years ago, his medication doctor(who's actual title escapes me) prescribed him a higher dose of one of his meds, and after a few days, he got violent with my father, and we had to, in fact, physically restrain him and call the police. The problem was then found out, and his medication was reduce, and he's not had an episode like that since.

So, as truly unfortunate as this situation is/was, it could have been avoided if the kid was able to take his meds.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    you're not defending the kid are you?
    How about you address my point instead of implying shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    The lack of medication in his system, plain and simple. When someone is dependant on medication to assist their brain in functioning properly, and then have those chemical(s) removed via not taking them, the results can be rather volatile. Even improper dosages are bad.

My brother has aspergers syndrome and OCD. One time about 7-8 years ago, his medication doctor(who's actual title escapes me) prescribed him a higher dose of one of his meds, and after a few days, he got violent with my father, and we had to, in fact, physically restrain him and call the police. The problem was then found out, and his medication was reduce, and he's not had an episode like that since.

So, as truly unfortunate as this situation is/was, it could have been avoided if the kid was able to take his meds.
    Or if he was simply normal. The reason the media blames autism is because there is NOTHING ELSE PLAUSIBLE for an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Take it easy - if s/he doesn't know, explain the details. Most people I know "understand" the word autism but have no idea what "spectrum" means.
    Before you defend Tsuganai...you should read what he wrote in another thread involving an autistic kid

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post45488205

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/gen...us-in-whittier

Despite the date of that article, this was just playing now on live news.

In short, a kid burned to death because of the negligence of that guy as he was having sex with someone else. His punishment is merely two years, but what I'm wondering is if the punishment was enough, whether it qualifies as murder even if I have zero sympathy for autisic people. He seemed to get off pretty lightly IMO.
    And
    Because I have my own beliefs, okay?

And some part of me believes they were as lenient as they were with this guy because the kid was autistic and it's not seen as any loss.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Or if he was simply normal. The reason the media blames autism is because there is NOTHING ELSE PLAUSIBLE for an excuse.
    so what do you think when some one without any sort of autism stabs some one to death?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Does this person even read anything they type before they put it up?
    Here's the thing though: You're not going to change his mind. Look at this thread: he's using this incident as proof that he's right, but completely ignored the other post listing all the people with autism that did good things.

When you're dealing with someone that has that strong and obvious a bias, there's not much to do but feel sorry for them and move on.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    it depends where on the spectrum the person is i technically have autism but i don't tend to stab people to death.
    Considering that the article directly mentions it, it is to be assumed that it was prescribed medication due to being on that spectrum level...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're a sheep that blindly follows what the narrative tells you then? Ok I think I'm done here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another glorious Tsunagai thread.

Keep digging, friend.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Before you defend Tsuganai...you should read what he wrote in another thread involving an autistic kid

And
    Keep reading down the first page of the thread - I've been fully briefed.

But if others hadn't said it, thank you. Better twice than not at all - and I'm very serious, not joking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Know many people with autism?
    Still haven't heard of anything directly for autism, only for other comorbid conditions they might have (bipolar, etc.)

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

You can't HAVE Autism, you ARE Autistic.

Autism is not a disease either, you can't in any way contract it like the common-cold or HIV/AIDS, nor is it something you can die from.

That said, this is a tragedy, hopefully the kid will turn out alright. Lot's of this kind of shit tends to happen because the parent(s) are abusive... which comes as a result of frustration/anger for not being able to "cure" their son/daughter and as a result give up on actually trying to fucking communicate.
    Last edited by Baelic; 2017-05-08 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yes, if the person in question wasn't autistic, this wouldn't have happened. However, those are the genetic cards he was dealt, and the only way to manipulate them is to take medication.

And please don't demean yourself by implying genocide of people with autism.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    what type of autism, just saying it doesnt mean shit. I have a form of it and i dont take medicine. People try and use the term autism as a scape goat far to much.
    I'd go with this. Story time okay? My sister had a little boy who has "autism" He had school help doctors said he 100% had it, took meds for it yeah you get the point and my family totally spoilled the kid because of it, He was 5 years old when my sister ( Single mom ) had to go out of the country for bussiness and wanted to leave him with family so i watched him for the week

At my house he started is shit, Then he got his ass whiped. I never gave him his meds my sister gave me for him. It took 2 days of him acting up and after a 2nd ass whiping guess what? Perfectly normal kid. What a suprise? The kid is so smart he even told me ( Remember this is a 5 year old ) that he just acted that way so he could get what he wanted.

That kid is now 23 years old and is a top grad from Yale University. Go figure. He allways tells people his uncle ( Me ) taught him respect.

Before some idiot starts, I am not saying autism is all fake but i would say that alot of kids learn at a young age how to abuse the title. I have mild autism and i woulkd be the 1st to admit that i abused the fuck out that shit at school and the workplace.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    so what do you think when some one without any sort of autism stabs some one to death?
    See the difference between that, unless the guy without autism is suffering from another mental illness, is a stabbing usually occurs with a motive or escalating story in mind and you can make sense out of it.

There's no logic to this topic's stabbing. He simply did as he did because he has autism and there are parents or guardians that think they can keep it under control without serious external aid. Well, they're wrong, and this proves it time and time again.