Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Because the instance was too hard? Not really. The average playerbase is just too stupid and too bad.
    Smashsmite was 1-shotting Mythic NH geared tanks on +10s when CoEN came out.

Yeah, it was overtuned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Nerfed? lol, it was much easier than a TBC or early Cata dungeon, it didn't need any nerfing.
    The tuning had serious issues on certain affixes. TBC and Cata dungeons were tough, but there was not the same difficulty variance we have today with the M+ system. CoEN was almost impossible on certain affixes at high key levels. Thats an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Nerfed? lol, it was much easier than a TBC or early Cata dungeon, it didn't need any nerfing.
    It's way more difficult than other dungeons. Don't compare the two models though. The challenge in tbc was completing the dungeon. Now the challenge is doing it as fast as possible. It's easier to complete than say grim batol early, but if you had to do grim batol in 30 minutes you would expect something different. Back then may dungeons took over an hour to do.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

15+ Year Old Account
    People are saying it was impossible on high levels and tanks were getting 1 shot and this and that. No, it's stupidity.

My problem is my actual experience going in there. I've never facepalmed so hard in my life until I watch people do the first pulls of the instance and die to the Doomguard guy that comes out. They die to his nuke every single time he casts it even though they can see me survive it each time, as the tank and all I'm doing is standing behind him as he turned. I learned how to avoid it literally the very first time I was killed by it.

I've had groups where I literally tell people what to do step by step, even on the trash and they still die.
    In my experience, it wasn't the dungeon, it was people either refused to learn or didn't understand the trash mechanics.

Most of the failed runs I had there were pugs trying to beat the bosses by overDPSing them like you can do in other dungeons.
    But when you go there with a guild group that actually care about tactics,it becomes one of the easiest ones,as about every source of damage is avoidable on bosses

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    People are saying it was impossible on high levels and tanks were getting 1 shot and this and that. No, it's stupidity.

My problem is my actual experience going in there. I've never facepalmed so hard in my life until I watch people do the first pulls of the instance and die to the Doomguard guy that comes out. They die to his nuke every single time he casts it even though they can see me survive it each time, as the tank and all I'm doing is standing behind him as he turned. I learned how to avoid it literally the very first time I was killed by it.

I've had groups where I literally tell people what to do step by step, even on the trash and they still die.
    In my experience, it wasn't the dungeon, it was people either refused to learn or didn't understand the trash mechanics.
    Are you talking about some random PUGs you ran an M0 with? Because everyone else in the thread are talking about >15+ where the adds on the 3rd boss were killing M NH geared tanks in a global. And these are groups that have run COEN a number of times and aren't making mistakes such as what you outlined in your post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jqu View Post
    Are you talking about some random PUGs you ran an M0 with? Because everyone else in the thread are talking about >15+ where the adds on the 3rd boss were killing M NH geared tanks in a global. And these are groups that have run COEN a number of times and aren't making mistakes such as what you outlined in your post.
    Yeah, right, I'm sure everyone is talking about the exact same situation.

There is an insane amount of ignorant people in this thread so I will try to explain some shit you COMPLETELY missed.

First of all, most of you saying "it's easy" have not ran this in a decent difficulty, no one is blind enough or stupid enough to not see the giant gap in power compared to other dungeons on the very same difficulty.

If a boss in an easier dungeon has a base attack power (damage) of 100k, and the bosses in CoEN start with 110k, it doesn't feel like much at first. Now add to that the multipliers from M+ and tyrannical. What is it now? 10% per rank? 150% in M+. The easy boss is now at 250k, and CoEN boss at 275k. Add tyrannical 15%, easy boss is at 287, CoEN boss is at 316.
    The 10k dmg difference is now a 30k dmg difference, while in fact there should not be any difference cuz it's the very same difficulty, unless the design of the boss makes him hit harder but have a proportional weakness, which is absolutely not the case of any CoEN bosses.
    The higher you go, the more obvious the lack of tuning becomes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Yeah, right, I'm sure everyone is talking about the exact same situation.
    Everyone who is saying the place is overtuned are talking about this exact situation. Everyone who is saying the place is fine has not played in M+ high enough level to see it.
    CoEN is overtuned and saying otherwise is only being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its not about reading comprehension - its about game needing to have "plug & play " approach to appeal to playerbase - wow ad 2004 was like this comapre to other games of the era - wow ad2017 isnt unlike its competition thats why nobody plays the game anymore besides people who sacrifice that much time that they simply cant let it go.

and those complains that you meantion - those came from nolifers - and blizzard fucked up royaly by listening to them - that why we ended up with garbage expansion like WoD

wow devs are simply incompetent - probably why so many inlucding Metzen left company not wanting to see their game going to complete shit anymore under incompetent PR monkeys like Ion.
    Metzen was a part of the problem of incompetence. As I keep trying to tell the people in lore threads, he didn't even know his own lore half the time at Blizzcon, but when he would be asked a question he'd be so intoxicated on being what he felt as being popular that he would just say whatever he thought sounded cool. I mean even his responses would be stupidly worded to try to make the person asking the question look dumb(things like "Two words" or answering with things he thought was a rhetorical question like "ummm haven't you seen the Cataclysm" when in game clearly said the actual events were 100% caused by DW emerging from DH).

Ah, glorious damage control from blizzard continues, fifth nerf reduces some damage by 90%
    can you imagine how Blizzard testers and QA failed to result in this?

Cathedral of Eternal Night
    Shadow Swipe damage dealt reduced by 50%.
    Thrashbite the Scornful
    Throw Arcane Tome, Throw Silence Tome, and Throw Frost Tome damage decreased by 50% in Mythic difficulty.
    Agronox
    Timber Smash damage reduced by 25% in Mythic difficulty.
    Domatrax
    Fel Portal Guardian health reduced by 25% in Mythic difficulty.
    Mephistoroth
    Dark Solitude initial damage reduced by 90% in Mythic difficulty.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    Ah, glorious damage control from blizzard continues, fifth nerf reduces some damage by 90%
    can you imagine how Blizzard testers and QA failed to result in this?
    The internal stats must have been horrific. Let's hope they come up at performance review time.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    that it had to be nerfed TWICE by ~50% to come to level of current dungeons.
    Did blizzard really fire all QA?
    We're their QA team. If we don't test it and give proper feedback it's our own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    We're their QA team. If we don't test it and give proper feedback it's our own fault.
    There is feedback enough for three and a half standalone games on the official forums, fan-made forums and PTR server forums.
    Blizzard literally ignores 99,9% of all.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.