Monitor refresh rate question

I currently have a Dell U3415W monitor. Maximum supported resolution is 3440 x 1440. Radeon additional settings says maximum reported refresh rate is 75 Hz. The monitor is currently running at 60 Hz. When I try to use a custom resolution, I set the refresh rate to 75 Hz, and when verifying, it says the customer resolution settings are not compatible with this display. I'm using the RX 480 card.

The U3415W is a 60Hz monitor. There are other 34" screens that can run at 75Hz, so the Radeon probably has setting for them, but none of them will work on the U3415W.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    The U3415W is a 60Hz monitor. There are other 34" screens that can run at 75Hz, so the Radeon probably has setting for them, but none of them will work on the U3415W.
    Plenty of Youtube videos out there show this exact monitor being set to 75Hz using custom resolution.

"custom resolution" is often technically overclocking (especially if you do it wrong) which has variable results

Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    Plenty of Youtube videos out there show this exact monitor being set to 75Hz using custom resolution.
    It also looks like garbage when overclocked to 75Hz. You'll get 60 usable frames and 15 blank ones. (We've tried. You can try forcing all sorts of custom settings on it, but there are components in it somewhere that don't like sending more than 60Hz to the screen.)

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    It also looks like garbage when overclocked to 75Hz. You'll get 60 usable frames and 15 blank ones. (We've tried. You can try forcing all sorts of custom settings on it, but there are components in it somewhere that don't like sending more than 60Hz to the screen.)
    Thanks for the feedback. I suppose I will leave it at 60Hz then.