Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    I get a different result with UA, why?

Or did they change UA too and I'm missing something?

425*1,46 = 620,5
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-10 at 03:50 PM.

UA was nerfed to 12% at 4/4

Deleted
    Ugh, fuck me.

Well, it's still a small buff in my book.
    Opener should be somewhat stronger now.. and it's easier to play and I don't feel super punished whenever I want to target switch without a proc. Important change in my opinion.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-10 at 03:59 PM.

They took the only thing that made the spec interesting and pretty much killed it.

Deleted
    Saving a proc so you can target switch?

Because literally nothing else changed. Shooting your AiS early in the window instead of late will result in the same amount of damage difference as in live.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnesymne View Post
    UA was nerfed to 12% at 4/4
    Eh sort of nerfed. It's actually stronger in 7.2.5 than it is now, in terms of the actual damage increased. Needed to be nerfed because of that.

They took the only thing that made the spec interesting and pretty much killed it.
    "Interesting", "Killed it" lol. Ppl like you are the reason MM hunters has been in such a bad state in Legion. It's was stupid mechanic and still is. Sadly they didn't remove it completely. I'd rather have proper base damage without having to maintain stupid RNG based debuffs like Vulnerable.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2017-05-10 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    "Interesting", "Killed it" lol. Ppl like you are the reason MM hunters has been in such a bad state in Legion. It's was stupid mechanic and still is. Sadly they didn't remove it completely. I'd rather have proper base damage without having to maintain stupid RNG based debuffs like Vulnerable.
    No, people like you are what made the spec like this in the first place. You don't want to think about your rotation, you don't want to react to the game. You just want a simple rotation you can follow without thinking about it.

No, people like you are what made the spec like this in the first place. You don't want to think about your rotation, you don't want to react to the game. You just want a simple rotation you can follow without thinking about it.
    "But it flows so well on my DH" xDee

Deleted
    But the gameplay didn't/won't change at all.....

Dunno what spec you're playing, but what you describe is definitely not MM. As MM you don't think about your rotation and you don't react to anything, you stare at your Vulnerab WA and spam AS until you get to the last 2 possible AimS casts - at this point, if you react to anything the game throws at you (read: any encounter wanting you to move an inch), you'll lose out on 500% increased dmg (with the patch only 300% though!). This is not challenging, not reactive and not skillful... it's the epitome of an incredibly punishing range turret - even Ascendance Ele Sham isn't as dull as MS AS AS AimS AimS repeat

Not the biggest fan of vulnerable but if any 1 thing had to go I would pick the patient sniper talent. Hopefully Sentinel can get some love perhaps to make that tier even more compelling.

Dunno what spec you're playing, but what you describe is definitely not MM. As MM you don't think about your rotation and you don't react to anything, you stare at your Vulnerab WA and spam AS until you get to the last 2 possible AimS casts - at this point, if you react to anything the game throws at you (read: any encounter wanting you to move an inch), you'll lose out on 500% increased dmg (with the patch only 300% though!). This is not challenging, not reactive and not skillful... it's the epitome of an incredibly punishing range turret - even Ascendance Ele Sham isn't as dull as MS AS AS AimS AimS repeat
    This exactly. Mnesymne is just too bumb to accept that.

I liked the change to Vulnerability. Should've been like that since the beginning.

I'd like them to change our talents, but have no hopes. I really hate talent choices in MM. At least for me, most talent tiers either have one single meaningful talent or none of the talents is interesting or fun.

And removing it makes it better how?

If you are trying to get as many AiS off in the debuff window you are doing it wrong, if you miscalculated the fight and have to move you are doing it wrong. Maybe if you learn how to play the spec optimal you wouldn't be so clueless about it. Maybe you should try boomkin, by the way you are describing MM you would love it...

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    This exactly. Mnesymne is just too bumb to accept that.
    And thats the best input you can give to this discussion, calling me dumb. ( i know you wrote bumb, you're afraid of the consequences)

Deleted
    Well, something else will take it's place. Maybe something better, maybe something worse, who knows
    But it's not being removed...so, why even discuss this.

Saying that someone "miscalculated the fight" just because he has to move is funny though. If something targets you, you move. That's just how it is, you can't calculate RNG instagib-mechanic-targeting. All you can do is make the best out of it when it happens.

But that wouldn't change, unless they return hunters to WoD versions, which would suck and be freaking boring.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-10 at 08:03 PM.

There are more options than just removing it - at least there were other options.
    It's Blizz' own fault that they took one of the easiest and dullest classes in WoD and thought it was a good idea to remove even more buttons from that spec and then trying to fix the now even bigger dullness with a clunky, unfun and ridiculously punishing mechanic. MM was silly in WoD, MM was even sillier when Legion launched - they ignored all the feedback, busted out Patient Sniper and guess what... the spec is still a mess.

That was a stated design goal of Blizzard at the beginning of this expansion - to push the complexity out of the rotation, and put it into the encounters.

Which they did, with the encounters, and many specs, but not certain specs. That's why rigid specs like Dreamcatcher balance druids and MM feel like they totally shrivel up and die if they have to move.

As far as I can tell, Blizz is nerfing Vulnerable but buffing AiS in an attempt to buff the spec without making it OP. It will nerf Vulnerable a bit, but increase AiS damage outside of it, which means MM hunters won't have to rely on Vulnerable as much and will make your shots outside of it feel like they are doing something.