Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Frost T20 booring?

I dont have the math behind the new set-bonus

Item - Death Knight T20 Frost 2P Bonus E Obliterate has a 10% chance to deal damage a second time.
    Item - Death Knight T20 Frost 4P Bonus When Obliterate deals damage, you have a 10% chance for your next Frost Strike to consume no Runic Power.

but the bonuses feels really booring.
    This doesnt do anything, does not change any rotations or help out the rotation. Rather it screws up rotations from time to time. I would say its a booring change.

I guess its time for Unholy to shine soon again :P

yea that is true but having something proccing on 10% chance is so random. I would really hope the do a higher procc-rate. Then again THIS is super-easy to balance atleast which is nice. But giving that we are rather GCD capped, having a free Frost Strike is more a way to do more damage during BoS then anything else.
    Atleast this helps with resources during BoS downtime.
    I would just like to see something that actually is something to play around cause 10% feels so bland.
    2part also is just kinda bland due to Oblit beeing such a non-scaling ability

Deleted
    Thats what happens if people start to wine about bos (which really is the only skill reliant frost gameplay) and bos specific setbonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very boring. I'm hoping the 4p in particular is just placeholder. It's incredibly dull and lazy design.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Deleted
    The design is not only booring but in itself very flawed.
    2pc: If Obliterate hits again you easily can overwrite a Rime proc. Also how will it work-> 10% per mainhand and offhand hit? 10% chance for the full obliterate to be copied? Does a copied Obliterate generate rp?
    4pc: Free Frost strikes -> don't generate rp-> counterintuitive to Breath playstyle(other talents not getting buffed so we probably will stick to Breath)

For the new ring-> probably not good enough as a frost to dethrone ring/belt (if bonuses stay that way it will be the to go combination)

Clearly they dont want to make tier bonuses that push Breath even more, but then they should also try to make other talents viable again.
    I like the Breath playstyle but i am fine with others too.

Deleted
    Fuck no. If blizz wants to play ball with UH it's their problem, don't piss on frost by doing so.

That been said, it's PTR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I would assume that if obliterate strikes a second time, everything that procs from an obliterate strike has a chance to proc. That, at least, is interesting
    which would leave FDKs with 2pc T19 and 2pc T20 for a while and push it 'til ilvl is too high of an upgrade aka mythic raiding.

About 4p, don't you ever delay obliterates because you would overcap runic power and are left waiting for Breath to drain that power away? 4p would give you something to cast I guess.
    aye exactly. its the only gain I really see from the set that can have any sort of impact. Which makes the set kind of booring

Deleted
    If the 4pc also makes FS off-GCD it could help as a pretty nice dps boost when using it with wrists,building mastery and shatteting strikes talent.

Deleted
    Frost Strike of GCD, that would be silly...

If its a full copy of Obliterate, i could see some real fun with the legy legs :P

otherwise, the 4pc is just plain boring and uninteresting

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

About 4p, don't you ever delay obliterates because you would overcap runic power and are left waiting for Breath to drain that power away? 4p would give you something to cast I guess.
    and therefore missing 10stack GS ? or overcapping runes??? wtf what you say doesnt make sense, there was never use of FS during Breath. NEVER Delay OB for FS if you would rune cap. But it would be a nice filler if no runes are up, thats for sure.

Frost is gonna be dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    If its a full copy of Obliterate, i could see some real fun with the legy legs :P

otherwise, the 4pc is just plain boring and uninteresting
    According to this post http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45675474 the extra oblit does not trigger anything at all right now

Thats already a rather rare Situation after HRW expires. With T194p gone this will be even rarer. i dont see us hitting FS during Breath a lot, maybe at the end when all ressoruces are gone.

the 4pc isnt that good, or should i say loses value when playing BOS. the free frost strikes are good, but it can come at the cost of a gcd and rune power which can mean less bos uptime, or being overwritten.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    Very boring. I'm hoping the 4p in particular is just placeholder. It's incredibly dull and lazy design.
    They actively changed a boring design (the previous bonus) that was at least numerically good, to a bonus that is boring and rather lame performance wise. I'd go as far and say that if they wanted a decent 4p they could have just left the previous one in. Ironically, they literally gave it to unholy now (flat dmg increase for a period of time and reducing the ability to activate the buffing ability more often) so imho they full well intend to screw with frost here. Unless they'd like to reconsider I don't see this getting really good either way.

Deleted
    Then please US guys, go to US Forums (ptr discussion, clsss) and give them feedback. There should be some outrage about screwing our set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkles View Post
    The design is not only booring but in itself very flawed.
    Does a copied Obliterate generate rp?
    I think it boils down to this. Will it generate RP, on top of that, will it proc the artifact trait that has a chance to for obliterate to generate even more AP? If this is the case, the belt legendary becomes even more retardly BIS and it puts a completely unbalanced boost to BoS uptime.. its either gonna cap you with 1 obliterate strike from 0 or overcap the shit out of you and you cant even spend it because the next frost strike is free? lol.. If it doesn't generate AP tho, its basically #shitsetbonusdesignedbyretardsforwankers

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Then please US guys, go to US Forums (ptr discussion, clsss) and give them feedback. There should be some outrage about screwing our set bonus.
    Agreed, while we may not hit the 300+ that UH has, at least by posting on the official forums you are showing you are not happy with the current t20.

I don't mind t20 4 piece frost so much, while doing your BOS rotation and getting a free frost strike feels like something more to do than Oblit and HB with proc.

They are saying on the official forums that the free obliterate does proc Throne breaker- which is nice. I'm not sure if it procs the other obliterate stuff (rime, overpowered rune weapon etc...)