Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

New Leggies... Talent guesses?

So, it seems the new leggies they introduce will be a bit of a cop-out in the sense that they will "simply" give you an additional talent. Going through those that already exist, it seems rather random which row, so most talents are potential targets. Obviously those that contradict each other arent (like the Grimoir row).

What's your guess on which talents locks might get per spec?

I'm guessing:
    Affliction
    Option A) - Boring: Burning Rush - Finally would give you the option of the "tanky" talent plus movement speed
    Option B) - Interesting, but possibly OP: Contagion - Would give interesting combos with AC or ELT

Destruction
    Option A) - Boring: same as Affli A), Destro probably needs this even more due to lack of self-heal
    Option B) - Interesting, but possibly OP: Backdraft - Would cater to the many demands of having this baseline

Demo
    Option A) - Boring: same as Affli, see above
    Option B) - Interesting, but possibly OP: Hand of Doom - Again, catering to a strong demand to make it baseline
    Option C) - interesting, possibly OP: Shadowflame - Might solve their problem that they can't balance this row to make it attractive, so just give it "for free".

Soul harvest..?
    Thazzle, Warlock in <Sanitas> on Frostwhisper-EU, World #3 10man guild.
    Sanitas Guild Website
    Main Armory

Kinda curious how strong they will be compared to other leggies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing from what we have there it would be a talent which is passive and performance increasing.

For Destruction good bet would be Reverse Entropy or basically anything from row 15/30 actually.

Deleted
    would sell a kidney for soul harvest free trait

I expect they are not finished and give stats, because without them basically should give a totally broken talent to be playable.

Ofc the lock ones are not avaiable yet.

I'll put my money on Demonic Circle for all specs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    I expect they are not finished and give stats, because without them basically should give a totally broken talent to be playable.

Ofc the lock ones are not avaiable yet.
    What is "playable", it's not like they have to make these legendaries mandatory BiS, just reasonably in line with other options.

At the very least it will end up being decent, because talents in that category are at least a good couple % damage increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    I'll put my money on Demonic Circle for all specs
    Not happening, just see the legendaries already released - there is a similar line to them - the talent increases damage in some way and is passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Not happening, just see the legendaries already released - there is a similar line to them - the talent increases damage in some way and is passive.
    Gah, hadn't seen that yet, site was bugging out and didn't show any tooltips for me yet so thought they were just NYI. Good thing I didn't place any actual bets yet

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope its Eradication and Contagion

What is "playable", it's not like they have to make these legendaries mandatory BiS, just reasonably in line with other options.

At the very least it will end up being decent, because talents in that category are at least a good couple % damage increase.

- - - Updated - - -

How many stats does a 970 ring give? Easily around 4,5ks. Probably a 10% dmg for itself alone. If the ring doesnt give a talent that increases ur dmg in at least 15%, it will be worst than a Prydaz or the portal pants.

soul harvest seems like the obvious choice since all three specs share it, but if not that it'll probably be some combination of 30 row talents since they're relatively simple DPS increases for all the specs

Wouldn't be surprised if they always roll a random talent, and you can get the ring drop multiple times.

Since we diablo now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if they always roll a random talent, and you can get the ring drop multiple times.

Since we diablo now.
    dont give them ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    How many stats does a 970 ring give? Easily around 4,5ks. Probably a 10% dmg for itself alone. If the ring doesnt give a talent that increases ur dmg in at least 15%, it will be worst than a Prydaz or the portal pants.
    Definitely untrue, all it needs is a talent that gives you around ~4% damage to be on level of Feretory, for example. Not much to ask for.

Besides, it will AT LEAST for sure will be better than portal pants, that's guaranteed pretty much.

Deleted
    I'm detecting a high chance of Impending Doom!

Soul conduit would make for some fun gameplay I think, but it would give too much of uncontrollable powerspike at times.
    Grimoire of synergy might be a thing, seeing as that is more consistent.

Probably no utility stuff though.

oh yeah soul conduit would be interesting too, since they seem to want people to stop picking it anyway ><

My random guesses

Anything that's not shared in the 1st or 2nd row. Demo has two contenders in the 4th row.

Most obvious picks seem to be in the first or second row.
    Last edited by muto; 2017-05-10 at 10:33 AM.

Definitely untrue, all it needs is a talent that gives you around ~4% damage to be on level of Feretory, for example. Not much to ask for.

Besides, it will AT LEAST for sure will be better than portal pants, that's guaranteed pretty much.
    How is that possible, if this ring gives 0 stats and feretory a ton of them + an effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that possible, if this ring gives 0 stats and feretory a ton of them + an effect.
    It is unlikely rings will remain without stats.

Feretory is, also, a shitty belt with barely any stats.