Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "Soul of the Netherlord (New) Gain one of the following talents based on your specialization: Affliction: Death's Embrace Demonology: Shadowy Inspiration Destruction: Eradication"

Seems good to me.

Demonology: Shadowy Inspiration - DE causes next SB to be instant

Affliction: Death's Embrace -Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, Seed of Corruption, and Drain Soul deal up to 50% increased damage on targets below 35% health. Higher damage increase against lower health targets.

Destruction: Eradication - Chaos Bolt increases damage done on target by 12% for 6 seconds.

Demo ones seems pretty under powered compared to the 2 others? lvl 15 talent vs lvl 100 talent vs lvl 30 talent. Demo getting pretty fucked here again.

i mean having an instant DB/SB for quick spurts of movement really isn't bad.

but is it worth being one of your 2 legionaries? guess the sims will tell us.

Deleted
    There's absolutely no way that the affliction effect is goint to stay as a level 100 talent. These have got to be placeholders. Letting afflocks have two level 100 talents would be silly beyond words. Imagine having Death's Embrace and Siphon Life. They ain;t going to give demolocks a 15 talent and afflocks a 100.

Moreover, given that they have now finally (at least I hope) discovered how terrible that legendaries with massive throughput increases are because of the imbalances between haves and have nots - unless these things are available to everyone (as a few YouTubers have suggested, they might be reward items for completing the class hall campaign or something) instead of random drops....

These are placeholders. Across the classes and specs they are all over the place, and there is a striking disparity in their talent values.

i wouldnt put it past blizz to give affliction locks the new lvl 100 talent for free. but i think you might be right about them being place holders. though it is concerning that they are all on different levels, makes it seem less likely to be place holders to me. wouldnt you just pick one like burning rush for a place holder? since all 3 specs have it.

Really am hoping for better balance here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfnuts View Post
    but is it worth being one of your 2 legionaries? guess the sims will tell us.
    If I had to guess I would suggest that these are going to be for Argus and 7.3.5 will increase our legendary quota to three.

As I said, these are placeholders, the talents are all over the place and some classes do not even have them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    There's absolutely no way that the affliction effect is goint to stay as a level 100 talent. These have got to be placeholders. Letting afflocks have two level 100 talents would be silly beyond words. Imagine having Death's Embrace and Siphon Life. They ain;t going to give demolocks a 15 talent and afflocks a 100.

Moreover, given that they have now finally (at least I hope) discovered how terrible that legendaries with massive throughput increases are because of the imbalances between haves and have nots - unless these things are available to everyone (as a few YouTubers have suggested, they might be reward items for completing the class hall campaign or something) instead of random drops....

These are placeholders. Across the classes and specs they are all over the place, and there is a striking disparity in their talent values.
    Just because it's a "level 100 talent" doesn't mean they're way better. The highest DPS increase talents for Destro are probably the level 15-30 talents. Having Eradication AND ELT or RE is going to be amazing. That being said however, Shadowy Inspirations isn't much of a DPS increase at all.
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-05-16 at 09:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfnuts View Post
    i wouldnt put it past blizz to give affliction locks the new lvl 100 talent for free. but i think you might be right about them being place holders. though it is concerning that they are all on different levels, makes it seem less likely to be place holders to me. wouldnt you just pick one like burning rush for a place holder? since all 3 specs have it.

Really am hoping for better balance here.
    No, I think these will be throughput items, not utility. Burning Rush would be a craptastic free talent if other classes are getting throughput one. I think they just don;t know which talents they want to pick. Giving Affliction double 100 talents but demolocks Shadowy Embrace would lead to riots. Rightly so!

Multidotting with Siphon Life plus Death's Embrace would be overpowered as fuck and break balance all to hell, and again would lead to riots between the have and the have nots. Unless, as I said, you can actually earn these things like the WOD ring.

If I had to guess I would suggest that these are going to be for Argus and 7.3.5 will increase our legendary quota to three.

As I said, these are placeholders, the talents are all over the place and some classes do not even have them.
    My guess is you get it at the end of your class hall in 7.3 and it doesn't count towards the two limit, so two plus the ring.

It simply will not make it to live. Warlocks cannot have nice things.

Deleted
    That was what I thought too. Note how the rings utilise your class title Netherlord - which you earn as part of the class hall progression.

I think these things will be earnable, and probably some sort of pre-Argus quest chain with a "we're equipping our champion with a powerful new item to aid in their attack on the world of Argus" or something equally cheesy.

I liek the ide aof an earnable legendary.

And probably you'll either get research that allows 3 legendaries, or the new ring won;t count as one. Probably the latter. Having any three legandaries would cause problems of it;s own.

Just read the full item on the PTR. The ring's description actually references the the Black Harvest Council and Dreadscar rift.

Pretty sure that connects it to the order hall in some way.
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-05-16 at 09:30 PM.

I really hope the affli one makes it to live but i sincerely doubt that will happen.

That was what I thought too. Note how the rings utilise your class title Netherlord - which you earn as part of the class hall progression.

I think these things will be earnable, and probably some sort of pre-Argus quest chain with a "we're equipping our champion with a powerful new item to aid in their attack on the world of Argus" or something equally cheesy.
    This is 7.2.5, there's nothing related to Argus in this patch, and any event or questline about these rings would be revealed by now.

I also don't see Blizzard handing out guaranteed legendaries, essentially dictating your gear choices.

Quote Originally Posted by x00ry View Post
    "Soul of the Netherlord (New) Gain one of the following talents based on your specialization: Affliction: Death's Embrace Demonology: Shadowy Inspiration Destruction: Eradication"

Seems good to me.
    Don't like it. First question that comes to mind is do they stack? If so how does the demo one stack if you have the talent. Is it 2 shadow bolts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    This is 7.2.5, there's nothing related to Argus in this patch, and any event or questline about these rings would be revealed by now.

I also don't see Blizzard handing out guaranteed legendaries, essentially dictating your gear choices.
    .....WoD....MoP..... need I say more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its almost like blizz thinks aff should have something passively that it has had since wrath.

It's not good

Quote Originally Posted by x00ry View Post

Seems good to me.
    http://i.imgur.com/85e6MoL.png

Quote Originally Posted by Roblinz View Post
    I find it hard to believe that you can put a single line for these legendaries as they change your talents around. The first question still is: Do they stack with the talent or not? If so then there's 3 different talent combos to worry about as stacking may be more or less dps and then add in the fact that even if they don't stack, you have 2 other talents to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I find it hard to believe that you can put a single line for these legendaries as they change your talents around. The first question still is: Do they stack with the talent or not? If so then there's 3 different talent combos to worry about as stacking may be more or less dps and then add in the fact that even if they don't stack, you have 2 other talents to consider.
    Why would they stack? That doesn't make any sense at all. You get the talent for free, which means you then cannot choose the talent because you already have it. Your choice becomes two instead of three in that row, that's it. If the stats aren't buffed they're going to be horrible regardless. They're missing 3000 secondary stats on comparable ring legendaries. IF they get those 3000 secondaries, that is about 60k dps and it jumps to the top of that list.

Deleted
    Are you guys seriously thinking those ring won t have any secondary stats or are you simply trolling?