Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Are you guys seriously thinking those ring won t have any secondary stats or are you simply trolling?

  2. #82
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Lowlands
    Posts
    379
    Also, non jewel legendaries exist and can be good regardless of stats anyway. Sure 3k or maybe 2500 if 940/975? is allot of stats vs a RING but other Legos have INT and that is allot less valuable and it doesn't compete with Tier. the Affliction talent should be a 25% dmg increase for 35% of the fight and that would be like an 8% dmg increase to all spells on average. At the current 800k+ that could be a 60k dps increase.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    Why would they stack? That doesn't make any sense at all. You get the talent for free, which means you then cannot choose the talent because you already have it. Your choice becomes two instead of three in that row, that's it. If the stats aren't buffed they're going to be horrible regardless. They're missing 3000 secondary stats on comparable ring legendaries. IF they get those 3000 secondaries, that is about 60k dps and it jumps to the top of that list.
    Why wouldn't they stack?

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Why wouldn't they stack?
    Because if you look at the demo one, Shadowy Inspiration, it causes your next SB/DB to be instant cast, it would make no since to have 2 of those. your next 2 are insta cast? then you would just DE SB SB DE SB SB, that time table would be so short it wouldn't be fair

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfnuts View Post
    Because if you look at the demo one, Shadowy Inspiration, it causes your next SB/DB to be instant cast, it would make no since to have 2 of those. your next 2 are insta cast? then you would just DE SB SB DE SB SB, that time table would be so short it wouldn't be fair
    That one wouldn't stack anyway due to the way it's worded.

  6. #86
    Seems that it will be a new legen for each spec... healers got theirs this week.

    What do u want? I guess some kind of specific legendary for demon weakness, like "Dreadstalkers now deal cleave dmg" or something like that.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Seems that it will be a new legen for each spec... healers got theirs this week.

    What do u want? I guess some kind of specific legendary for demon weakness, like "Dreadstalkers now deal cleave dmg" or something like that.

    all the healers have pretty much the same effect. the biggest CD now has a chance to proc off of X spell for X amount of time. looking at that we can assume they may to the same thing with all the dps ones aswell? such as "your spells have a chance to proc Soul Harvest for X amount of time"

    i think all classes have a big CD like that, either one that is baseline or a talent.

  8. #88
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Thath View Post
    Are you guys seriously thinking those ring won t have any secondary stats or are you simply trolling?
    The Archimonde class trinkets had no stats at all, so it is very possible that the rings won't either.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

    Communism jokes aren't funny unless everyone gets them.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    The Archimonde class trinkets had no stats at all, so it is very possible that the rings won't either.
    Exactly. Because they were trinket. They already had a very powerful effect (not for every class, though), so putting stats on them would have meant they would have been OP.

    In this expansion, though, because of the stat nerf (patch 7.1.5, if I'm not wrong) Secondary stats are much more important, cause you need more to gain a point. Also, rings don't have Int/agy/Str anymore, so if they don't have any sec. stat they would be useless. Furthermore, rings now give us a lot of secondary stats if compared to every other slot of gear (except neck, ofc), so it makes even less sense for them not to have stats.

    They probably are placeholder, cause devs are probably still deciding what stats to put on them (IMHO, they'll be Haste Mastery/Haste Crit).

  10. #90
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Thath View Post
    Exactly. Because they were trinket. They already had a very powerful effect (not for every class, though), so putting stats on them would have meant they would have been OP.

    In this expansion, though, because of the stat nerf (patch 7.1.5, if I'm not wrong) Secondary stats are much more important, cause you need more to gain a point. Also, rings don't have Int/agy/Str anymore, so if they don't have any sec. stat they would be useless. Furthermore, rings now give us a lot of secondary stats if compared to every other slot of gear (except neck, ofc), so it makes even less sense for them not to have stats.

    They probably are placeholder, cause devs are probably still deciding what stats to put on them (IMHO, they'll be Haste Mastery/Haste Crit).
    Edit: <snip> Well, secondary stats are now there
    Last edited by Scathbais; 2017-05-18 at 06:21 PM.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

    Communism jokes aren't funny unless everyone gets them.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Edit: <snip> Well, secondary stats are now there
    In minimal amounts, though. That tooltip for a 910 version of the ring has a total of 801 secondary stats. My 940 Sephuz and Sacro have 3739 in secondary stats. Even when the talent ring gets scaled up that's a fairly significant difference.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Edit: <snip> Well, secondary stats are now there
    Oh poo...they are counted as legendaries (1) Really hope they will enable us to equip 3 legendaries...
    "Your skills have improved significantly since we first met. Given a few thousand years, you may even rise to the level of my best apprentices."
    ~Blizzard's response to a Warlock asking them when will he be as powerful as Shadow Priests: http://bit.ly/2kTRvJh

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Oh poo...they are counted as legendaries (1) Really hope they will enable us to equip 3 legendaries...
    Let's assume that the rings really are story quest reward instead of random drops, and that (as it seems now) they're solidly middle of the pack in terms of throughput. What purpose does that give them? Well, they'd be useful catch up legendary items for new alts. They'd also be a modest boost for casual players only have the two high-odds legendary drops and were both utility items even lower on the throughput chart.

    I can totally see the Devs adding a set of class rings with those purposes. And I'm fine with that. I play enough I've got four or five powerful legendary items already competing for my two slots. I don't need another.

  14. #94
    I think they will not count towards the equipped legendary number, but be unique in themselves (yes I;m aware that at the moment they do count according to the description).

    Why wold they add them?

    1. As a reward for completing the order hall campaign
    2. As a sort of "end point reward" for sticking with a spec as part of (1)
    3. A guaranteed legendary (for a suitable amoutn of effort or at least time) which evens out things for those who have had very bad luck, or who are casual and only have a couple of other legndaries
    4. To add yet more flavour and variety to gameplay
    5. Possibly a power-boost at some point into the Sargeras raid or Argus, much as was the WOD legendary ring. Can't complete a raid at the start? Wait a while, then when everyone has a legendary ring you willfind it easier.

    And of course...the biggest reason....

    It gives players something to grind for and to put more hours in. Even if they are like every other legendary and are random drops.

    But I think they will be earnable. The ring titles and descriptions positively scream of a connection to the order hall. The lock one is "Netherlord" and the description specifically mentions the Black Harvest Council and Dreadscar Rift. It wouldn;t suprise me much if part of the chain was some horrible order mission where you have to use title level champions to complete it.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    I think they will not count towards the equipped legendary number, but be unique in themselves (yes I;m aware that at the moment they do count according to the description).

    Why wold they add them?

    1. As a reward for completing the order hall campaign
    2. As a sort of "end point reward" for sticking with a spec as part of (1)
    3. A guaranteed legendary (for a suitable amoutn of effort or at least time) which evens out things for those who have had very bad luck, or who are casual and only have a couple of other legndaries
    4. To add yet more flavour and variety to gameplay
    5. Possibly a power-boost at some point into the Sargeras raid or Argus, much as was the WOD legendary ring. Can't complete a raid at the start? Wait a while, then when everyone has a legendary ring you willfind it easier.

    And of course...the biggest reason....

    It gives players something to grind for and to put more hours in. Even if they are like every other legendary and are random drops.

    But I think they will be earnable. The ring titles and descriptions positively scream of a connection to the order hall. The lock one is "Netherlord" and the description specifically mentions the Black Harvest Council and Dreadscar Rift. It wouldn;t suprise me much if part of the chain was some horrible order mission where you have to use title level champions to complete it.
    I can see this legendary being one that actually works in pvp. The talents just make a lot of sense to me in that regard. That might be the very reason for its existence. So far pvpers have been left out.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    I can see this legendary being one that actually works in pvp. The talents just make a lot of sense to me in that regard. That might be the very reason for its existence. So far pvpers have been left out.
    That is because the equip-effects of most legendaries are very OP in pvp. Have you tried open world pvp? Being an affliction warlock, back when I was still using the neck that gives a shield I was literally unkillable, even up against multiple enemies.

    Thus, I do not think they will allow any legendaries to ever be effective in pvp - old or new.

    Also, the talents gained from the rings may or may not be placeholders because they haven't decided what to actually do with them now. Or maybe we won't see them implemented at all. Blizzard had many plans for Legion and so far, some, if not most of these plans have been buried because they were not able to realise them. Take for example the double-trait-relics for weapons. We never got those. So we might never get those talented legendaries either.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    I can see this legendary being one that actually works in pvp. The talents just make a lot of sense to me in that regard. That might be the very reason for its existence. So far pvpers have been left out.
    Left out? "Pvpers" don't want imbalance like legendaries, it's hard enough for blizz to get the class balancing right in pvp.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Left out? "Pvpers" don't want imbalance like legendaries, it's hard enough for blizz to get the class balancing right in pvp.
    Of course they don't want the imbalances. But legendaries aren't inherently any more imbalanced than any other piece of gear, especially when you consider how much of the stats in pvp are already controlled. So these aren't mutually exclusive.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerinh View Post
    That is because the equip-effects of most legendaries are very OP in pvp. Have you tried open world pvp? Being an affliction warlock, back when I was still using the neck that gives a shield I was literally unkillable, even up against multiple enemies.

    Thus, I do not think they will allow any legendaries to ever be effective in pvp - old or new.

    Also, the talents gained from the rings may or may not be placeholders because they haven't decided what to actually do with them now. Or maybe we won't see them implemented at all. Blizzard had many plans for Legion and so far, some, if not most of these plans have been buried because they were not able to realise them. Take for example the double-trait-relics for weapons. We never got those. So we might never get those talented legendaries either.

    I understand fully why the legendaries so far haven't been included. I didn't suggest they should be. But I can see them attempting something to give to pvpers to wear that actually matters. I'm not saying they will or that it's been a big mistake so far. Just wouldn't surprise me is all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •