Thread: New to LoL

10+ Year Old Account

New to LoL

After years and years of considering to play this game, I have decided to finally play it and master it (lololol).

Normally I will just google champions as i load up a game, to find out where they play and get an idea on builds.

Would just like to clarify which sites I should be using and if there is sites to avoid. I'd hate to be using the noxxic of LoL.

Feel free to leave any tips as well, or recommended champions for nubs. It is pretty overwhelming at first and I have no idea who to buy first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try a few of the champions in the weekly rotation. That should give you an idea of which champions you like. I'd suggest sticking to like 3 or 4 cheapish champions to begin with. There's a lot to unlock in the game and mastering the first couple of champions should let you get used to the basics of the game.

probuilds.gg gives you information on what the top level players build on a champion, which masteries, runes and which skills they level first. You'll also find that there's no fixed build for most any champion.

I'm newish myself and I was using mobafire for a while, which I suspect is the LoL version of Noxxic

However I decided to just find guides on youtube. The builds are often different and I've had success with them.

Go and play annie for 200+ games, then you can try other champs.

Deleted
    You can use sites like champion.gg to get a general idea of how a champion is played, also a great site to check win% of different champions. Like Duilliath said, probuilds.net is a better example of how to properly use a champ in different situations. There used to be proper guide sites from pros like TSM/Curse, but I don't think any of these still exist.

Deleted
    Use probuilds.net

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Go and play annie for 200+ games, then you can try other champs.
    Pretty solid advice honestly.

Find a champion you like...and play it exclusively. The champion skills will become 2nd nature and you can focus on game mechanics and macro play.

Always, always, always...be looking at the minimap at least every 8 seconds or so.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.