Changes on PTR Build 24076: MM 7.2.5 + Added Legendary Ring

Hello guys i will try to resume the changes coming up to PTR so we can discuss this in only one thread.

REMEMBER THIS IS JUST TEST IN THE PTR, ALL THIS CHANGES CAN HAVE TO BE TUNNED OR NOT.

Set bonuses:

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Item - Hunter T19 Marksmanship 2P Bonus Every 35 Every 45 Focus you spend reduces the cooldown of Trueshot by 1 sec.
    Traits:

Unerring Arrows

Rank 1: Increases the effectiveness of Vulnerability by 4%3%.
    Rank 2: Increases the effectiveness of Vulnerability by 8%6%.
    Rank 3: Increases the effectiveness of Vulnerability by 12%9%.
    Rank 4: Increases the effectiveness of Vulnerability by 16%12%.
    Rank 5: Increases the effectiveness of Vulnerability by 20%15%.
    Rank 6: Increases the effectiveness of Vulnerability by 24%18%.
    Rank 7: Increases the effectiveness of Vulnerability by 28%21%.
    Rank 8: Increases the effectiveness of Vulnerability by 32%24%.

Talents and Habilities:

Marked Shot Rapidly fires shots at all targets with your Hunter's Mark, dealing (550% of weapon damage) Physical damage and making them Vulnerable for 7 sec. Vulnerable Damage taken from Aimed Shot increased by 100% 30% for 7 sec. 100 yd range. Instant.

Talents

• Chimaera Shot A two-headed shot that hits your primary target and another nearby target, dealing (600% 720% of weapon damage) Nature damage to one and (600% 720% of weapon damage) Frost damage to the other. Generates 10 Focus for each target hit. Beast Mastery Hunter - Level 30 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant. 15 sec cooldown.
    • Patient Sniper Gain the patience of a veteran sniper, increasing the damage bonus of Vulnerable by 10% 6% every 1 sec. Marksmanship Hunter - Level 60 Talent.
    • Piercing Shot A powerful shot which deals up to (1,000% 1,550% of weapon damage) Physical damage to the target and up to (500% 775% of weapon damage) Physical damage to all enemies between you and the target. Damage increased against targets with Vulnerable. Marksmanship Hunter - Level 100 Talent. 20 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.
    • Sidewinders Launches Sidewinders that travel toward the target, weaving back and forth and dealing [ 400% [ 500% of AP ] Nature damage to each target they hit. Cannot hit the same target twice. Applies Vulnerable to all targets hit. Generates 35 Focus. Also replaces Multi-Shot. Marksmanship Hunter - Level 100 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant.

Marksmanship

• Aimed Shot (Beast Mastery) A powerful aimed shot that deals [ 0.619 * 275% 425% of weapon damage or 0.038 * Level * 275% of weapon damage + 0.238 * 275% of weapon damage or 275% 425% of weapon damage + 0.238 * 425% of weapon damage or 425% of weapon damage ] Physical damage. Damage increased by 100% 50% against a target you have not yet damaged.
    • Aimed Shot (Marksmanship, Survival) A powerful aimed shot that deals [ 0.619 * 275% 425% of weapon damage or 0.038 * Level * 275% of weapon damage + 0.238 * 275% of weapon damage or 275% 425% of weapon damage + 0.238 * 425% of weapon damage or 425% of weapon damage ] Physical damage. Damage increased by 100% 50% against a target you have not yet damaged.
    • Marked Shot Rapidly fires shots at all targets with your Hunter's Mark, dealing (550% of weapon damage) Physical damage and making them Vulnerable for 7 sec. Vulnerable Damage taken from Aimed Shot increased by 100% 30% for 7 sec. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. 25 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant.
    New Legendary Ring:

Soul of the Huntmaster
    HTML Code:
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=151641/soul-of-the-huntmaster
    Soul of the Huntmaster
    Item Level 910
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    +248 Critical Strike (0.62% @ L110)
    +248 Haste (0.66% @ L110)
    +248 Mastery (0.62 @ L110)

Finger
    +2,010 Stamina
    Socket

Bonus:
    Gain the Lock and Load talent

Font:
    HTML Code:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6608-Patch-7-2-5-PTR-Build-24076
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/news=263746/7-2-5-ptr-build-24076-data-highlights-new-legendary-rings-and-chromie-scenario-a
    Last edited by nidosarg; 2017-05-18 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Updated Changes in Leg Ring

10+ Year Old Account
    I still can't believe they haven't made Chimera Shot hit 1 target with both shots if 2 aren't available. The current setup is mind numbingly stupid on single target fights for focus generation over other choices.

Marks gets nerfed again even while being the worst hunter spec

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Marks gets nerfed again even while being the worst hunter spec
    Not really a nerf as much as it is a change in mechanics. Blizzard is moving damage away from the vulnerability window into the base abilities.
    Real balancing isn't really done yet and I think damage wise it's pretty much a wash (which kinda makes sense if it's intended as a mechanism change).

Not really sure what their intention is with Vulnerability though, and I doubt they even know themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    Not really a nerf as much as it is a change in mechanics. Blizzard is moving damage away from the vulnerability window into the base abilities.
    Real balancing isn't really done yet and I think damage wise it's pretty much a wash (which kinda makes sense if it's intended as a mechanism change).

Not really sure what their intention is with Vulnerability though, and I doubt they even know themselves.
    If they removed vulnerability I'd be happy, but then our artifact tree in since 7.1.5 would be worthless(new traits)

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    If they removed vulnerability I'd be happy, but then our artifact tree in since 7.1.5 would be worthless(new traits)
    Pretty much. They can't go and outright remove Vulnerable without having to do major changes to traits, talents, relics .. anything related to Vulnerable. At least now not having Vulnerable up will not hurt as much.

Obviously I'd prefer its removal. However I understand the effort and time needed to do this likely won't happen for ToS. Maybe for Argus? Eitherway I am willing to bet we're not going to enter the next expansion with Vulnerable.

I dont get why people want vuln removed, without it the spec becomes more braindead than BM, just mindlessly pooling and spending without room for error. It would turn it into a rotation from 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    I dont get why people want vuln removed, without it the spec becomes more braindead than BM, just mindlessly pooling and spending without room for error. It would turn it into a rotation from 10 years ago.
    That's what they want. It also feels pretty shitty when you're using a primary ability that hits like a wet noodle because you haven't gotten a proc, and then you get multiple back to back procs and you're not even using the ability that benefits from it. Granted, MS hits hard, but the whole point of Vulnerable is to buff AiS and there's periods where you don't even get the buff from it all the time.
    It's a pretty crappy redesign of Hunter's Mark, and would feel better overall with a removal or if it was just made a minor buff to AiS and you're not feeling weak without it, which honestly seems what Blizzard is trying to go for with the changes. The biggest issue is so much built around it that now it's weird to redesign too much.

Vulnerable would not have been a bad mechanic if we had absolute control over it's use, like we get with Windburst where we can just apply it and we're good. The RNG aspect of it is what really killed vulnerable in my opinion.

Having to aimed without vuln only happens due to target switching, and even if you do target switch a lot, its pretty rare not having windburst or marked shot up if u anticipate it.

New changes on the Ring:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=151641/s...the-huntmaster

Soul of the Huntmaster
    Item Level 910
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Finger
    +2,010 Stamina
    +248 Critical Strike (0.62% @ L110)
    +248 Haste (0.66% @ L110)
    +248 Mastery (0.62 @ L110)

Bonus: