Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

33yo Teacher Jailed For 23 Months After Sex With 14 Year Old Special Ed Boy

Just a quick question: why is the word "rape" not used in the article below?

https://heatst.com/life/teacher-mom-...-year-old-boy/

Teacher Mom, 33, Jailed After DNA Test of Sofa Proves She Had Sex With 14 Year Old Boy

Philadelphia prosecutors say teacher Stephanie Amato specifically chose to have sex with a 14-year-old boy who was in her special education class because “she thought she would never get caught doing this”.

Amato, the single mother of a 7-month-old son, claims she was under the influence of drugs and admits having “vaginal and oral sex with the boy over a period of months, including at her parents’ home, in her car, and in a park”. Prosecutors quoted by Philly.com say the boy, who attended Ethan Allen Elementary School, is from a poor economic background and lives with his father, stepmother, and siblings.

What’s more despicable, “even when she was under investigation by school officials, Amato, a teacher in the Philadelphia School District, kept in contact with the boy and warned him, ‘You know I can get arrested if you tell’,” said an assistant district attorney.

To prove that Amato’s relationship with the boy included sexual intercourse, detectives did DNA testing of a sofa at Amato’s parents’ home, and also of Amato’s car.

In Philadelphia, special education students include children with autism, blindness, emotional problems, and learning disabilities.

A judge sentenced Amato, a magna cum laude graduate of prestigious Temple University, to 11½-to-23-months in prison. After jail, she will also be labeled a sex offender and forced to register her whereabouts.

And as very tangible evidence that these female teacher on boy sex crimes can have lasting impact, local prosecutors say the relationship “harmed the boy, who went on to commit a felony and is now in juvenile custody”.

Amato repeatedly claimed the drugs were to blame, including a heroin habit she developed, but has since kicked. Defense attorney Trevan Borum told Common Pleas Court Judge Jeffrey P. Minehart that Amato began “recreational use” of prescription opioid narcotics in 2010 and that by the time of her arrest in June 2014 she was snorting heroin every day.

“She sat holding rosary beads before the hearing, tearfully apologized to her family and to the Ethan Allen Elementary student for hurting them, adding, ‘I truly feel that I do not believe this would have occurred if it were not for drugs.'”

by the time of her arrest in June 2014 she was snorting heroin every day.

Hmmmm.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    If that were a man, 20+ years, shamed everywhere & never able for have a job ever again, life ruined.

Female though? Slap on the wrist.
    "Equality!" If feminism was really about equality and not female superiority they'd be demanding this woman be jailed for the same time as a male would. This is picture perfect proof of it really not being about equality. Instead let's worry about AC in offices being controlled by men who have to wear pants and suits meanwhile these women are in skirts and short sleeves.... or even pants and suits if they wanted to....

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Because it's statutory rape and you don't typically say, "he/she raped him/her" if it's just statutory?
    Except people do if it's the other way around.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I'd hit it

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Just a quick question: why is the word "rape" not used in the article below?

And as very tangible evidence that these female teacher on boy sex crimes can have lasting impact, local prosecutors say the relationship “harmed the boy, who went on to commit a felony and is now in juvenile custody”.
    I'm sure the kid's going to be fine. He might even grow up to be President one day.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    She'll never teach again ... seriously, a google search will bring it up.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

She should be given the same sentence that a man would receive if he'd engaged in the same circumstances with a 14 yr old special ed girl.

Fuckin' double standards, man.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    I'd hit it
    Meh. She's a moped. Cute face, but clearly tubby.

Quote Originally Posted by Teevo View Post
    She should be given the same sentence that a man would receive if he'd engaged in the same circumstances with a 14 yr old special ed girl.

Fuckin' double standards, man.
    Yep. Funny thing is, it's not just illegal because he was 14, he was also "special needs", which is usually illegal regardless of age. If the genders were reversed, the teacher would be in prison for a few decades, not a few years.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-05-11 at 05:29 AM.

American teachers sure love having sex with their students. Can't they get laid by anyone else or something?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Can't they get laid by anyone else or something?
    Right? There's plenty of us seasoned and clearly legal-aged fellows more than willing to pay them to be gone when we wake up.

Because the perpetrator is female, plain and simple.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, what are the odds that the boy was her heroin supplier?

Deleted
    What, heroin makes you fuck kids now?

a 20 yr old guy having sex with his 17 yr old gf would get a longer sentence than she got! What the hell!

10+ Year Old Account
    So she took advantage of a kid that's even more vulnerable than the average 14 year old...and she gets maybe a year in prison?

Nope, that's not a double standard at all.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    But but... she's kinda hot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Special needs student. In the hot-crazy scale, she is way off the charts on the crazy side.
    Well of course. But as usual she will get away with a lesser punishment than if the genders were reversed.

Before we get to far into "she's getting a lighter sentence because she's a woman"...does anyone have cases where a man in the same state charged with a similar crime got hit with a much heavier sentence?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Is that really a picture of a school? Looks more like a prison, seriously that big of a fence? wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    If that were a man, 20+ years, shamed everywhere & never able for have a job ever again, life ruined.

Female though? Slap on the wrist.
    Right? Where the fuck is equality now, huh? C'mon SJW's, I know you're here...