Horn of Valor undervalued for FDKs?

I found it increases my damage output by a whole lot, especially on fights where there's not a lot of movement.

It lines up perfectly with BoS, HRW and everything else, hence, wouldn't a very high ilvl Horn + CoF be, in theory, better or atleast close to a high ilvl Foci + CoF?

Discuss.

Deleted
    Discuss what?

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/frost-...s-best-in-slot

Yes, it's BiS non-legendary. Good for you for figuring it out.

Based on dk discord it already lost some value. Not sure my 895 angerboda is simming higher than my horn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    Discuss what?

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/frost-...s-best-in-slot

Yes, it's BiS non-legendary. Good for you for figuring it out.
    Sims are outdated. Horn was snapshotting during breath, it lost some value.

Here is the 7.2 spreadsheet (from discord):
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1483834438

CoF is BiS, sims dont reflect actual gameplay. And EoC is bad as soon as you have to Switch Targets.

Also the vlaue of the trinkets may Change depending on your legendaries. as always its best to sim yourself. Horn has more value with bracers and when there is required a specific burst its still a good trinket.

I have an 895 CoF, a 905 socketed Foci, a 905 Memento, and an 895 Horn.

The Memento and Horn sit in my bags. Horn is nice but really depends on fight duration. You get too much downtime and the full time 2k+ strength of foci and memento really start to pass it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellborne87 View Post
    I have an 895 CoF, a 905 socketed Foci, a 905 Memento, and an 895 Horn.

The Memento and Horn sit in my bags. Horn is nice but really depends on fight duration. You get too much downtime and the full time 2k+ strength of foci and memento really start to pass it up.
    I agree with this guy

With breath being able to be going for 40-50 seconds without the legendary ring regularly horn loses incredible value for those 10-20+ seconds. Yes your initial 30 seconds will be great but the other 90 seconds the trinket is on cooldown it'snot nearly as strong as other trinkets that offer flat strength and either secondary price or just a consistent secondary.

I'm personally running a 905 EoC and a 890 CoF, simmed the highest for me at the moment, even if i do have to switch, stacks build relatively quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rias View Post
    I'm personally running a 905 EoC and a 890 CoF, simmed the highest for me at the moment, even if i do have to switch, stacks build relatively quickly.
    It's honestly not terrible for a good amount of fights in nighthold for frost dks. I got a 905 chrono shard this week, will prob switch between that and my 885 EoC for fights I can stick on the boss. Until I feel(yes feelycraft) is better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It's honestly not terrible for a good amount of fights in nighthold for frost dks. I got a 905 chrono shard this week, will prob switch between that and my 885 EoC for fights I can stick on the boss. Until I feel(yes feelycraft) is better.
    As Long as you are playing mechanics correctly the only mythic Encounter without target switching is maybe Skorp. Every other Encounter has priority Targets.

Imho EoC is okay for farming when priority Targets are just cleaved down and you can tunnel the Boss.

But as Long as you are progressing EoC is imho rather meh and enforces bad gameplay (Tunneling). Even if stacks build up quickly i´d rather take a stat stick of the same ilvl. Sims assume you never Switch the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    As Long as you are playing mechanics correctly the only mythic Encounter without target switching is maybe Skorp. Every other Encounter has priority Targets.

Imho EoC is okay for farming when priority Targets are just cleaved down and you can tunnel the Boss.

But as Long as you are progressing EoC is imho rather meh and enforces bad gameplay (Tunneling). Even if stacks build up quickly i´d rather take a stat stick of the same ilvl. Sims assume you never Switch the target.
    There's ways to manipulate the trinket though. It only procs and goes away from auto-attacks. So long as you dont get within auto-attack distance of the other target(assuming you can still hit the original target you got the buff with and the priority target) you can keep the buff up indefinitely on some of the bosses you're excluding. on Krosus I am able to kill adds with Sindy's Fury and Frost Strike/Rime procs and sit on the boss. Unless it's really bad and we have way too many up. For Tich it's the same thing. Typically the cleave from BoS/RW/HB(with Rime procs) is enough with the aoe dps we have in my guild. Mostly because I'm able to manipulate the trinket when I was using it. However I just got a 905 Chrono Shard I want to play around with and got an 885 Memento a couple weeks ago that I started playing with over EoC.

Problem is it's hard to get, everyone seems to not like HoV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    There's ways to manipulate the trinket though. It only procs and goes away from auto-attacks. So long as you dont get within auto-attack distance of the other target(assuming you can still hit the original target you got the buff with and the priority target) you can keep the buff up indefinitely on some of the bosses you're excluding. on Krosus I am able to kill adds with Sindy's Fury and Frost Strike/Rime procs and sit on the boss. Unless it's really bad and we have way too many up. For Tich it's the same thing. Typically the cleave from BoS/RW/HB(with Rime procs) is enough with the aoe dps we have in my guild. Mostly because I'm able to manipulate the trinket when I was using it. However I just got a 905 Chrono Shard I want to play around with and got an 885 Memento a couple weeks ago that I started playing with over EoC.
    Imho not worth it - for Progress.

Against Tich you will lose the Stack when the Intermission Phase starts and have to build it up again, losing uptime when you are having the Dmg Buff.

Picked just one of your Tich logs, thats with lust:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...7&end=10002725

And thats without lust:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3&end=10169323

*If* i had a stat stick of the same ilvl, and thats often a big if, i'd rather not use EoC most of the time.
    Last edited by mmoca37d6d9cd4; 2017-05-19 at 07:39 AM.

Deleted
    So are we saying Horn isn't good? I have a 905 HoV and an 890 Foci. The horn gives me ~5100 strength for 30 seconds which is usually going to be when I'm BOSing, potted, under bloodlust and spamming obliterates and rime procs like a monster because of HRW (plus I have the ring for double. I only pop the horn after I have to use my first HRW so I can get the benefit from both). Admittedly I haven't simmed it yet but that to me seems better than even a Mythic Foci giving you flat 2162 strength and the secondary stat proc, yes you're getting that all fight but that includes all the boring rune starved parts when BoS isn't up and we're doing **** all dps in comparison.