[Guardian] 7.2.5 Legendary ring

So with 7.2.5 legendary ring coming out, it has made me start thinking of alternative gear strategies.

What if instead of thrash relics, we used GG with ring and gore relics? If you do that would the new DPS bear pair of leggos be Soul of the Archdruid + Sephuz or Soul of the Archdruid + Lady and the Child?

Maybe just Soul of the Archdruid + Luffa and then thrash or mangle relics.

Thoughts?

I'd be curious to try out incarnation with the ring. That'd be some pretty fun ST DPS.

Overall though, I think it'll come down to ST vs AoE. Thrash will always reign supreme in multi-target scenarios. Plus it's hard to use the ring when you're using luffa and pants.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Sadly it will probably not even be worth it single target over Luffa/Elize's. Considering Polarthiefs idea with Inc, Thrash does more damage per use with the appropriate legendary when you calculate in Pawsitive. Calculation can be found in a post in the guardian thread.

The only way I can see it being better would be Ring+Luffa, GG+Pulverize for a Single target build where you never have to use swipe as you can fill all your gcd's with higher damage skills, and I'm still pretty sure that this won't be worth it with the option of just going full Thrash. That depends quite a bit on the final tuning of maul though, as you will generate quite a lot of rage with GG+ring and thus get a lot of maul damage in.

Granted I don't main Guardian (Boomy's my MS) and even less do I ever tank for raids so this is coming from a not-as-experienced (in Guardian) player. I'm just saying I'd like to play with Inc+Ring and see what it could do during that 30s window. Outside of that, it'd be way worse than GG, which I'd never give up in actual play; it's way too good, especially when you have access to the Balance Shoulder legendary that gives twin moonfires!

I wish the ring gave Incarn for all specs instead. I feel like it was designed with Balance in mind (since it fixes a core issue Moonkins had with having to choose AoE or ST), but regardless of which talent it gives, all Balance Druids would be taking both Inc and SotF anyways. Giving Inc though gives an extra cooldown to Resto and Guardian while beefing up the one for Feral and Balance, though I guess they just wanted to give us a legendary that is 100% passive for all 4 specs *shrug*.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-05-11 at 05:54 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    The ring seems to give passive talents and at least for Guardian, Inc can't be considered a passive. What you could do with SotF and Inc would literally be the same what you can with Inc and no SotF, because either way you will be spamming Thrash on every gcd you don't need to keep MF up, because Thrash has a better damage per GCD than Mangle with SotF.