Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Each IP will cost 39 + 19.5 wthout procs, and to get a lot of use out of the talent, you're going to be pressing IP when not needed a lot it low pressure situations. For high pressure situations like progress, Vengeance becomes the default anyway, & Vengeance with Gloves/Bracers will give more rage than Booming Voice, and possibly more damage than it, too... Can't be bothered mathing it out, so I could be wrong on the latter.

Your point about the 6 tier pieces is interesting, though. Only tier pieces I've seen nerfed so far are the DPS & Healer ones, so assuming our T19 stays the same, & we get two good pieces before ToS comes out, we could go 2-4 with Belt/Bracers/Ring. That would indeed be interesting.

Edit: Thought of a better way to word my opinions...

It's not just a choice between Kakushan's & Vengeance, but instead Kakushan's & all the talents in that tier. Defensively, picking Vengeance, is Kakushan's paired with the Bracers going to offer more defensive value than the ring when specced for BV? Most likely.

Offensively, picking Booming Voice, is picking Kakushan's paired with anything going to offer more value than the ring? No doubt, as Vengeance loses value when you're in a position to not have to weave as much.

There might be a mid point where the ring finds some value, but meh, I don't see it.
    Don't forget that with the new set bonus we're going to be getting that much more rage... I personally think that we may be swimming in rage, and venge makes that happen that much more.

Like you said, defensively it won't afford as much and really, BV doesn't sing until you use the belt, then it's bonkers.

Offensively I think I'd rather use gloves and belt w/ BV, as you said. Even if it's an extra lego slot I'd probably throw the bracers on in case I still need some extra def or Sephuz/Trinket depending on amounts of AoE and/or proc opportunities for Sephuz.

I kinda just hope the reception is lackluster, no one uses it, and they change it to something useful or creative. I don't think it has to be OP, but as it stands, like Toybox said, i see it as having a minor niche at best somewhere in the middle ground; it doesn't really create choices in the two most common scenarios of farm or progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Carnage makes waiting for 100 rage for FB really suck. How are people excited to have to wait to 100 after hitting 85 and being able to rampage? Just bottlenecks the rotation as a whole. I think if anything it pushes you toward massacre.. but as other folks said the stats are baaaaad.
    I know I thought the same exact thing, I look at Frothing Berserker right next to it...

and if by gum we chance to get Massacre back, which would be a blessing, carnage would still be worthless, cuz execute phase procs.

I'd like to know the ratio of Fury Warriors that use or don't use Inner rage. While Carnage and Massacre are ok, Frothing Berserker seems like the most logical choice as the majority(I assume) of player pick it anyway. To be honest though, Massacre should be baked in and another talent put in it's place. I would much rather see Massacre baseline and Inner Rage as the ring talent as that is the only way i will ever be able to use Frenzy or Bloodbath. How many of you guys prefer non-Inner Rage builds?

Furious slash is terrible and should die in a fire, as should frenzy.

Bloodbath is cool on paper but when most of your abilities don't work with it i don't see how it would be remotely cool to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by uafomega View Post
    I'd like to know the ratio of Fury Warriors that use or don't use Inner rage. While Carnage and Massacre are ok, Frothing Berserker seems like the most logical choice as the majority(I assume) of player pick it anyway. To be honest though, Massacre should be baked in and another talent put in it's place. I would much rather see Massacre baseline and Inner Rage as the ring talent as that is the only way i will ever be able to use Frenzy or Bloodbath. How many of you guys prefer non-Inner Rage builds?
    Non Inner Rage builds don't exist in competitive play.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Non Inner Rage builds don't exist in competitive play.
    Plenty of high logs using Bloodbath on multi target fights. If it was a pure patchwerk boring fight you could get away with Frenzy and be competitive too. I guess in standard normal situations, aka most fights you're right though.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    I hope protection get's a buff so I can reroll from my bear. Then the leggo will be hugeeee.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatbear View Post
    I hope protection get's a buff so I can reroll from my bear. Then the leggo will be hugeeee.
    You do know that Bears got Marc of Ursol completely removed right? Which is a huge part of why bears were so much better for Nighthold. It's back to soaking Magic with health pools.

I haven't seen any fights in ToS but honestly if they really are melee damage with occasional bursts of magic then Warriors should be in a good place next tier. Only thing I could see holding them back would be the scaling of Ignore Pain.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-05-19 at 04:41 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    You do know that Bears got Marc of Ursol completely removed right? Which is a huge part of why bears were so much better for Nighthold. It's back to soaking Magic with health pools.
    Even without Mark, they still have more passive DR than warriors so its not like health is the only thing going for them.