Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Massacre (fury) - Ravager (Arms) - Devastator or Booming Voice (Prot).

To the people still defending the reason Arms is a trash spec that requires tons of mastery -- FR needs removed or baked into a slam debuff and mastery needs reworked. End of discussion.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-05-12 at 03:49 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

sweeping strikes baseline would be nice

blade storm for fury would be tits, we need more burst aoe ayyy

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    I've heard from a source who may or may not be trolling me that fury gets carnage and arms gets deadly calm. No clue about arms.
    Would not surprise me but if the rings remain secondary-less, those talents aren't going to be worth it. While opening up deadly calm tier is nice, titanic might or trauma are not going to be worth the 15% dps opportunity cost from equipping a dps leg with secondaries.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i am really really hoping for it to be either Titanic might or OpS.

one eliminates the rng frustration, and make our AOE x20 easier with longer CS on targets.

the other is defo a damage increase, and the lower boss gets, the harder we dish out the damage.

i swear if they gave us iftk, they will have to deal with torch and pitchfork.

fury could be awesome with massacre or frenzy, both are very good, though i prefer frenzy so we can shift our stat focus to mastery.

prot needs indomitable so bad, without devastator, the spec is garbage.

Fury would most probably be Frenzy, they've been trying to push FS so badly.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Would not surprise me but if the rings remain secondary-less, those talents aren't going to be worth it. While opening up deadly calm tier is nice, titanic might or trauma are not going to be worth the 15% dps opportunity cost from equipping a dps leg with secondaries.
    won't be surprised if they pushed for the rings to be mandatory and unlocked a 3rd legendary slot for it

Fury will not be a talent at all, it will be an active ability you get while equipped.

Use: Enter a fel-crazed rage, dealing x Shadow damage to a random nearby enemy every 0.25 sec for 3 sec. You cannot move or use abilities during your rage. (1 Min, 20 Sec Cooldown)

Hue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    Fury will not be a talent at all, it will be an active ability you get while equipped.

Use: Enter a fel-crazed rage, dealing x Shadow damage to a random nearby enemy every 0.25 sec for 3 sec. You cannot move or use abilities during your rage. (1 Min, 20 Sec Cooldown)

Hue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    I've heard from a source who may or may not be trolling me that fury gets carnage and arms gets deadly calm. No clue about arms.
    I hate you for putting this in my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    Carnage gives 15 rage when you use Rampage, the helm gives 8 rage. The helm also gives 8 rage when Enraged from BT crits. But those are less than Rampage casts.
    So Carnage is sligtly better than Legendary Helm which is by far the BiS legg for Fury.
    The reason people don't pick it is because it is on the same row with Frothing and Massacre. In fact right now if you pick Carnage you don't lose too much DPS. The only reason you do lose a bit DPS is because of DoS trinket.

So I don't think it is gonna be Carnage because FB and Carnage togheter would be OP.

I don't have a prediction but I definetely want it to be any of the talents in 75 tier. For Arms any talent from last 2 tiers would be good.

What happens if for Arms it is Ravager and than you pick AM? will AM reduce CD of Ravager instead?
    The legendary helm is also so good because of the stats on it, while the ring has no stats on it. The ring also does nothing during execute phase, where rage is very valuable.

I agree it'll either be Inner Rage to free up that row for a little bit of choice or Massacre to make execute not feel like autism.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    The legendary helm is also so good because of the stats on it, while the ring has no stats on it. The ring also does nothing during execute phase, where rage is very valuable.
    I think the helm is bad stat wise. Because the tier helm also has haste/mastery combo and is the best tier piece. When you drop legendary helm for another legendary you get to replace another tier piece with a haste/mastery item.

If these rings end up going live without any stats on them I don't think it will be worth using for any talent of any spec in game. It already takes one slot of legendary.

There are only two Prot talents that I can think of that would be useful:
    Anger Management (Reduces the need to use Thundergod's Vigor although TV is a lot of fun when combined with AM/BV)
    Inspiring Presence (Allows us to use Impending Victory which reduces the need to use Bracers/Belt for healing)

Since this is Blizzard what I'm actually expecting is:
    Never Surrender (No one takes this, its their way of convincing us that its a useful talent)
    Safeguard (I'm assuming that Intercept will still not work correctly and cause us to snipe debuffs from the other tank)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Never Surrender (No one takes this, its their way of convincing us that its a useful talent)
    If it's free (and by free I mean the ring is well optimized & doesn't fall into the 2 legiondary equip category), then this would be an absolutely awesome trait to have.

Honestly, anything in the 75/90/100 tier for Prot would be awesome. Being able to pair Booming Voice & Into the Fray for M+, or Heavy Repercussions & Anger Management for insane ST DPS. Indom & Devastator would be the most broken combo imaginable, so I doubt we'll see that...

Like you though, I'm expecting something terrible... How about Crackling Thunder?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not even a bad talent. It's just that the talents on the same tier heavily over shadow it because we never want to have to rely on being low on health for a talent to be useful. Having it in addition to either Indom or Devastate would be perfectly fine with me though. Get the benefits from one of the 2 talents while having a backup for emergency low hp situations at the same time. But of course I'd be perfectly happy with being able to use Devastate and Indom together as well.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Keep in mind that it will be a passive, not an extra style/cd that you have to assign a keybind to.
    DC would be crazy for arms since it will always be useful. Vice versa TM wouldn't be any different, since you would still pick DC. Trauma on that tier is pretty boring/weak.
    Utility would be too weak. Other choices would be AM or OpS, MC or IftK.

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    So badly wish you could equip 3 legendaries...
    Even at a penality, let's say equipping 3 legendaries disables all set bonuses or smth.
    My RAMPANT SPECULATION is that these rings are rewarded at the end of a class campaign questline, and that completing the questline will increase the legendary cap by 1 (just like completing the questline for the new champion increased the champion cap by 1).

Again, pure speculation, but I think it holds.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There are only two Prot talents that I can think of that would be useful:
    Anger Management (Reduces the need to use Thundergod's Vigor although TV is a lot of fun when combined with AM/BV)
    Inspiring Presence (Allows us to use Impending Victory which reduces the need to use Bracers/Belt for healing)

Since this is Blizzard what I'm actually expecting is:
    Safeguard (I'm assuming that Intercept will still not work correctly and cause us to snipe debuffs from the other tank)
    You'd be surprised how poorly IV stacks up against the bracers for healing. It's out shined by miles. I'm really hoping for HR, because idk how I can get used to not having AM anymore. I agree with Toybox that Indom + Dev would be super OP, though I guess I wouldn't mind taking the fight to bears at the top of the tank food chain; that being said though, i find Indom such a boring thing to have.

Hah, you & me both in regards to AM. I swap back to it for Spellblade/Tichondrius (I bring my Druid for Botanist/Gul'dan at the moment), but other than that? AM all the way!