Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Of course I've heard of it but it pales in complexity compared to OW.
    The complexity is not relevant. The quality of the game in general is not even relevant. Overwatch could be the best game ever made out of all possible genres, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be successful as an esport.

And if they are asking ten times what the current most successful esport franchise costs, it might not even get off the ground.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    the exact thing said about LoL when first released compare to Dota.

oh how time repeat itself
    That's also what they said about heroes of the Storm too.

The deathball and everyone use every single ult at the same time strat that happens every game isn't mind shattering.

10+ Year Old Account
    This reeks of Kotick.
    Hi

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The complexity is not relevant. The quality of the game in general is not even relevant. Overwatch could be the best game ever made out of all possible genres, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be successful as an esport.

And if they are asking ten times what the current most successful esport franchise costs, it might not even get off the ground.
    Naturally, I was just defending the legitimacy of the game- not Blizz's choices when it comes to the franchise costs.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I love Overwatch but it's not as strategically complex as something like CS, let's be real now people.

Yeah I agree the Overwatch mechanics are a bit simpler than many other games, but that actually might be to their benefit. The dream of e-sports to eventually be playing on TV alongside Soccer and Football. And you aren't going to attract many non-Overwatch players to watch if the game is to complicated to understand to a normal viewer.

That's whats so sucky about Dota/Lol e-sports. To people who haven't played the game, it just looks like a random mass of people with particle effects flying everywhere. No one knows whats happening. Not to mention the game has a really boring start up time before things actually get interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I've heard of it but it pales in complexity compared to OW.
    You are very delusional if you think OW is more complex than CS at a pro level......
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Hater detected. The meta and strategy for OW is so far above any other shooter. Nice try.
    The meta and strategy is an illusion to trick gamers who are usually fodder in other fps games into thinking they are actually good at video games. Granted, it's a good trick, but there is a thing as too accessible, shit gets watered down, over the top, and well... overwatch. If you have fun in ow, have fun, but a big Mac is still a big mac, no matter how many times you call it prime rib.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    The meta and strategy is an illusion to trick gamers who are usually fodder in other fps games into thinking they are actually good at video games. Granted, it's a good trick, but there is a thing as too accessible, shit gets watered down, over the top, and well... overwatch. If you have fun in ow, have fun, but a big Mac is still a big mac, no matter how many times you call it prime rib.
    This sort of post is just as dumb and nonsensical as the ones claiming OW has strategy comparable to CSGO though.

Like, I bet half of these posts come from people who either don't even play CS or cling to TF2 for some bizarre reason.

Also a 'meta' is not an illusion, every game has a meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This sort of post is just as dumb and nonsensical as the ones claiming OW has strategy comparable to CSGO though.

Like, I bet half of these posts come from people who either don't even play CS or cling to TF2 for some bizarre reason.

Also a 'meta' is not an illusion, every game has a meta.
    It's blizzards mo anymore. They look at a genre, figure out a way that lets everyone win sometimes, due to team comps or objectives or w/e, and people are happy because they aren't fodder occasionally and or feel a sense of progression.
    Don't get me wrong, solid plan for making money. Gameplay wise, it's like paragons and torments, ap and the world quests that you did as leveling quests, just everyday stuff from blizzard. Blah blah blah hater hater hater, I like good video games. If ow was a good game id be playing it.

It's blizzards mo anymore. They look at a genre, figure out a way that lets everyone win sometimes, due to team comps or objectives or w/e, and people are happy because they aren't fodder occasionally and or feel a sense of progression.
    Don't get me wrong, solid plan for making money. Gameplay wise, it's like paragons and torments, ap and the world quests that you did as leveling quests, just everyday stuff from blizzard. Blah blah blah hater hater hater, I like good video games. If ow was a good game id be playing it.
    So what extremely hardcore shooter do you play if it's not CS? I've been in every Quake Champions beta weekend so far and anyone who's good in Overwatch is going to be good at that too, but I bet you consider that too watered down aswell.

This is just exceptionally stupid elitism, but carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    So what extremely hardcore shooter do you play if it's not CS? I've been in every Quake Champions beta weekend so far and anyone who's good in Overwatch is going to be good at that too, but I bet you consider that too watered down aswell.

This is just exceptionally stupid elitism, but carry on.
    Ya I'm an elitist because I like my video games to be fun.

Ya I'm an elitist because I like my video games to be fun.
    Isn't fun entirely subjective? I spend a lot of time playing KoF which is about as hardcore as it gets in that genre, but I also enjoy Overwatch, I mean fuck I play Pokemon a whole lot too.

A lot of your posts are about Zelda BotW which is an incredible game despite it being very casual and appealing to the masses too.

Anyways this is getting off topic, you do you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    You are very delusional if you think OW is more complex than CS at a pro level......
    There's nothing complex about buying guns and planting a bomb, sorry but you won't convince me.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing complex about buying guns and planting a bomb, sorry but you won't convince me.
    Fine with me, you can be delusional all you want, just shows me how little you know if you think that's all there is to CS.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

That greed ended up pushing teams away lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine with me, you can be delusional all you want, just shows me how little you know if you think that's all there is to CS.
    Maybe enlighten me instead of insulting? All you are doing is convincing me I want nothing to do with the CSGO scene.

Deleted
    Well, yea, that is actually it in a nutshell. One of the reasons CS:GO is so popular among viewers is the fact how simple and slow paced it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off with the bickering/insults. Thanks.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Who cares! Overwatch is a joke anyway.