Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, white men are sometimes discriminated against, that's what affirmative action is.
    Reading up on what affirmative action is gives me this:
    "In institutions of higher education, affirmative action refers to admission policies that provide equal access to education for those groups that have been historically excluded or underrepresented, such as women and minorities."

http://www.ncsl.org/research/educati...-overview.aspx

Doesn't say anything about discriminating against white men there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post

Favouring others because of arbitrary measurements will mean that others do not have the chance to compete for those limited spots, ergo....

"In institutions of higher education, affirmative action refers to admission policies that provide equal access to education for those groups that have been historically excluded or underrepresented, such as women and minorities."

Well, you take out women and minorities... what are you left with? In the United States, that leaves you with white males. And if you need to understand the definition of discrimination... I can provide that for you.

I'm continually impressed by how students at places like Stanford and Yale haven't noticed that they're the most privileged people on the planet. When filtered through that lens, this sentence is pretty funny to look at:
    “The illegitimacy of men’s rights complaints about their perceived victimhood makes them perfect Aristophanic targets,” said Edward Kelting, last year’s SCIT president.
    Men's rights could be replaced in that sentence with any campus activist group. The illegitimacy of Stanford BLM's complaints about their perceived victimhood makes them perfect Aristophanic targets.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's how it works out in practice:

In the zero-sum world of elite academic admissions, taking an underqualified student on the basis of their race is fundamentally equivalent to denying a more qualified student admission on the basis of their race. Affirmative action policies are anti-white, anti-Asian policies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    People still watch plays?

In what way?
    Is this a real question? The gender balance in the US is incredibly skewed towards women.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it isn't.
    It realllyy was.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Anyone who seriously thinks that women are not almost always automatically given custody over kids (even when both she and the father are both working), and who refuses to admit that fathers who want either full or shared custody of their kids will almost never receive it is fucking delusional.

MRA's are absolutely right when they say that men are almost always discriminated against when it comes to family and divorce court.

What? WHAT? White men are most certainly not discriminated against.
    White men are absolutely discriminated against.

Just going to throw two things out there for you since you're a bit behind the times based on your posts so far.

1) A man can not go to a theme park by himself without being thrown out for fear of pedophilia. God forbid they just like rollercoasters.
    2) A man when flying anywhere alone if a kid happens to get the seat next to him will be forced to move out of the seat he paid for, because again men are rapists especially white men.
    3) Are you straight, white, and a guy? Hold your horses on those college applications gotta let all the minorities and women in first. Regardless of whether you're more qualified.
    4) Ever heard of a chief diversity officer? You honest to god may as well write that as Chief Everyone But the White people officer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Anyone who seriously thinks that women are not almost always automatically given custody over kids (even when both she and the father are both working), and that fathers who want either full or shared custody of their kids will almost never receive it is fucking delusional.

MRA's are absolutely right when they say that men are almost always discriminated against when it comes to family and divorce court.
    Got a guy working for me right now, who's getting absolutely fucked by his childs mother.

They have 50/50 custody. She has no source of income, constantly attempts to move without informing the judge or filing a motion for it, refuses to drop the kid off on his days. The kicker? The judge slaps her on the wrist each time AND even though it's 50/50 custody, HE pays child support to that bitch.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    American uni students noticing privilege in anything but themselves never gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    American uni students noticing privilege in anything but themselves never gets old.
    It's especially funny that the ones most likely to call out privilege are at the richest universities in the country. Whatever excuse they need to make fun of the proles, I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlewick View Post
    Actually women are the ones who suffer the most from wars
    Haha, i remember seeing this aswell.

Your home life has to be pretty bad, if you are storming Normandy and think "At least im not at home"

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    Haha, i remember seeing this aswell.

Your home life has to be pretty bad, if you are storming Normandy and think "At least im not at home"
    I legit laughed when I read that quote...some people are freaking delusional if you think being in a trench surrounded by gunfire and gas is better than sally homemaker not knowing how to make dinner.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? WHAT? White men are most certainly not discriminated against.
    This is humorously ironic, white men can't face discrimination because they're white men? Just boils down to 'some caucasian men have it easy so screw the ones who don't'. Anyone can face discrimination so why is it so heinous of an idea for whatever group to try and limit that which they face? Doesn't affect me but I see no harm in men, white or otherwise, asking for equal rights in the areas they don't recieve them.

I constantly hear that white males have no place commenting on the struggles and descrimination facing any other ethnicity or gender so why does every other group get to decide the same in return for them?
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2017-05-12 at 01:11 PM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Anyone who seriously thinks that women are not almost always automatically given custody over kids (even when both she and the father are both working), and who refuses to admit that fathers who want either full or shared custody of their kids will almost never receive it is fucking delusional.

I believe the most common result is shared or joint custody.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    White men are absolutely discriminated against.

Just going to throw two things out there for you since you're a bit behind the times based on your posts so far.

1) A man can not go to a theme park by himself without being thrown out for fear of pedophilia. God forbid they just like rollercoasters.
    2) A man when flying anywhere alone if a kid happens to get the seat next to him will be forced to move out of the seat he paid for, because again men are rapists especially white men.
    Okay, so not that I disagree with this and that there is definitely cases of it being too harsh. But it should be noted, we tend to complain whenever other right's groups fell that it is unfair to judge upon statistics, which those examples are the same case of (not sure that white men are more often expected to be rapists, I'd say the opposite tends to be true).
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2017-05-12 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In what way?
    It depends on the country, but includes things such as:

Legal system - women are favoured in sentencing and divorce
    Education system - girls are treated as the norm, rather than accepting that behaviour is different between the sexes, so boys get punished for effectively not being girls
    Health - the favouritism toward issues that affect primarily women is often staggering, to the point that issues affecting primarily men are often virtually unknown
    Public spending - cuts in spending have been called sexist to women, because women receive more public spending and so lose out more when cuts are made, without the self awareness to realise that women having more spent on them already shows a bias toward women
    Domestic abuse help - somewhere in the region of 40% of abuse victims are men, the spending and assistance is almost entirely to help women

The bizarre thing is that systemic sexism is largely aimed at men, yet feminists (and I use the word loosely) want the systems to change in favour of women even more than they do already.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Men are getting the shittier deal, women are the ones with the privilege.
    As a man, this is in no way true. I would hate to be a woman. Its better to be a woman in the US than many places in the world, and worse than some others, but overall its still pretty crappy compared to being a man. Being a man is pretty cool.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Woman have more rights in many western countries, its a fact ladies. When your own countries basic law states that men and woman shall have equal rights and then 20 lines below it states that only men can get forced to serve in military service you know there is something fishy with this sense of equality.

German basic law:
    Article 3
    [Equality before the law]
    (1) All persons shall be equal before the law.

(2) Men and women shall have equal rights. The state shall promote the actual implementation of equal rights for women and men and take steps to eliminate disadvantages that now exist.

(3) No person shall be favoured or disfavoured because of sex, parentage, race, language, homeland and origin, faith, or religious or political opinions. No person shall be disfavoured because of disability.
    Sounds good right?

Article 6
    [Marriage – Family – Children]
    (4) Every mother shall be entitled to the protection and care of the community.
    That doesnt sound very equal. Should be every parent.

Article 12a
    [Compulsory military and alternative civilian service]

(1) Men who have attained the age of eighteen may be required to serve in the Armed Forces, in the Federal Border Police, or in a civil defence organisation.
    (4) If, during a state of defence, the need for civilian services in the civilian health system or in stationary military hospitals cannot be met on a voluntary basis, women between the age of eighteen and fifty-five may be called upon to render such services by or pursuant to a law. Under no circumstances may they be required to render service involving the use of arms.
    Equality .

We have a minister for woman but not one for men. Many anti sexism help sites where you can report sexism do only accept sexism towards woman getting reported (which is sexist in itself).

Do feminsts in germany who fight for "equal rights" actually want the bad treatment we men get too? I always have to laugh at "fighting for equal rights for woman" when you are privileged by the law.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-05-12 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted
    Topics and discussions about gender - which this thread clearly has turned into - are not allowed here.

Closing.