Deleted

Just wanted to say how awesome the 7.2 changes have been for MW

I came back to Legion just before 7.2 dropped, and the changes are exactly what I was looking for and fixed every issue I had.

1. Limited defensives, when pushing keys with my guild pre-7.2 I would sometimes find that mechanics would be unavoidable and instantly kill me (probably from punching above my gear weight), and I was desperate for Prydaz just so I could do the content.

Solved by the addition of Fortifying Brew, I can't use this thing enough. It also means I can help out with soaking spores on Botanist Mythic and anything else the guild needs.

2. Reactive playstyle, for me the whole playstyle consisted of spam ReM, react to damage with EF, react to procs with Vivify, react the spot healing requirements with EnM. The only proactive ability was LC, but even this rewarded a reactive style due to the 30% HoT buff (target taking damage before use is rewarded).

Now with the mists of Shaohao, I have more to think about outside of the above. Before the raid takes damage I can spam effuse to build up my stacks, spread as many ReM's as I can before the raid damage comes in, and then time the cast of SG so it goes off with the raid damaging ability. (I should note that I use Rin's as one of my leggos, so it does even more healing).

I do wish our numbers were buffed a little, I can only really compete with our other healing team on the meters when one of them dies at the moment, but It's a good thing that our playstyle is in a good place; others specs have it much worse!

My logs:

www . warcraftlogs.com/ guilds/userreportslist/ 195338

www . warcraftlogs.com/ reports/1Zz4MwNATX7vmQPd # fight=33&type=healing& view=analytical&source=14

(Note that if you combine Shaohao, Sheiluns and Shelter of Rin, they healed more than 3x revival casts)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the Fort Brew addition, but I still don't think it's that great. 20% DR isn't really anything special, it just means we have the mitigation that a H Pally has 100% of the time due to plate armor for a few seconds every 2 min...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I liked the Fort Brew addition, but I still don't think it's that great. 20% DR isn't really anything special, it just means we have the mitigation that a H Pally has 100% of the time due to plate armor for a few seconds every 2 min...
    1.5 min. It is not about the 20% damage reduction alone tho. 20% more health is great with healing elixier. I actually prefer FB over mistwalk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    1.5 min. It is not about the 20% damage reduction alone tho. 20% more health is great with healing elixier. I actually prefer FB over mistwalk.
    In PvE FB is better than Mistwalk because Mistwalk is literally useless there. So yes, it was a PvE buff. For PvP on the other hand...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saverem View Post
    in pve fb is better than mistwalk because mistwalk is literally useless there. So yes, it was a pve buff. For pvp on the other hand...
    you will love chi wave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    you will love chi wave
    If it did 10X more healing and damage than maybe it would be worth using like outside of raids or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    In PvE FB is better than Mistwalk because Mistwalk is literally useless there. So yes, it was a PvE buff. For PvP on the other hand...
    I was talking about PvP actually. The Problem with Mistwalk was, for classes that could match your mobility, MW didn't help, because they could match your mobility. And classes that couldn't, you didn't even need MW in the first place, because they... yeah, couldn't match your mobility. But getting caught and stunned etc. FB helps much more because it helps you to keep yourself alive a bit better. At the end you lost the option to play very aggressivly with mistwalk for cc or damage in exchange for a defensive tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    I was talking about PvP actually. The Problem with Mistwalk was, for classes that could match your mobility, MW didn't help, because they could match your mobility. And classes that couldn't, you didn't even need MW in the first place, because they... yeah, couldn't match your mobility. But getting caught and stunned etc. FB helps much more because it helps you to keep yourself alive a bit better. At the end you lost the option to play very aggressivly with mistwalk for cc or damage in exchange for a defensive tool.
    Which class could match your mobility with Paralyze on 15s cd, RoP/LS, Transcendence, 2 rolls that break snares, a sprint that breaks snares/roots on 30s cd, and 2 charges (Mistwalk)?

Literally no one class in instanced PvP could match MW mobility with mistwalk.