Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    If I ask you whether you would rather have some cake or have your hands chopped off, and my plan is to make you to eat the cake, does that mean you haven't made a choice?
    Wrong analogy in this case you are all powerful and made an unbreakable plan for me to eat cake regardless of what the other choice was. A human plan can be changed or broken god's plan cannot be there's the rub.

If I ask you whether you would rather have some cake or have your hands chopped off, and my plan is to make you to eat the cake, does that mean you haven't made a choice?
    If you made the laws that regulate the way his brain work in a way that, given this choice, he would choose cake, then it is not a real choice. He will think about it and choose cake. Assuming the laws you created and your plan aren't conflicting with each other, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but you answered your own question in the OP. Perhaps you meant to ask or phrase it differently.
    The thread is meant to pull away from all of the political threads and have a theoretical discussion about something that might provoke though.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    If you made the laws that regulate the way his brain work in a way that, given this choice, he would choose cake, then it is not a real choice. He will think about it and choose cake. Assuming the laws you created and your plan aren't conflicting with each other, of course.
    Are you talking about a religious or atheistic interpretation? In both cases the laws that regulate the way your brain work make you choose cake.

Deleted
    Theres really no need to try and solve a paradox, because travel to the past looks impossible. Otherwise we'd be seeing time travelers around.

Are you talking about a religious or atheistic interpretation? In both cases the laws that regulate the way your brain work make you choose cake.
    While I think atheistic, I see both approaches leading to the same place, with the distinction that for religious people there is a plan, suggesting an intelligence, and in my point of view there is no plan, only laws in place that guide everything. The outcome is the same, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Theres really no need to try and solve a paradox, because travel to the past looks impossible. Otherwise we'd be seeing time travelers around.
    Maybe they are all around us. Brilliant minds ahead of their times. Normal folks living the moment. Crazies on the streets shouting "I'm from the future and the end is near!"...

Or maybe travaling to the past requires an arriving beacon that we haven't created yet.

Yes the future is set in stone. Determinism is true as there is no incorporeal thing which is able to act on a physical body

There's no fate but what we make for ourselves

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

If you believe each decision creates a new timeline, then THAT future is set, just not for this you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    A vision! AI SEE ET
    I see you're a man/woman/apache of culture as well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    I see you're a man/woman/apache of culture as well
    Well i was born in a world of strife.