Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Republican lawmaker: There’s a ‘distinction’ between gays and human beings

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/05/11...ign=PNFacebook

A Republican lawmaker has claimed that there is a “distinction” between human beings and homosexuals.
    Rick Brattin, a Republican lawmaker in the Missouri House of Representatives, made the shocking claim during a debate over a bill amendment to protect LGBT people from discrimination.

Arguing against the amendment, Mr Brattin claimed it would infringe upon religious liberty.
    He then claimed: “When you look at the tenets of religion, of the Bible, of the Qu’ran, of other religions, there is a distinction between homosexuality and just being a human being.”

The comment, which Mr Brattin has declined to explain, has been met with shock in the local community.
    In an editorial, The Kansas City Star wrote: “The statement, made on the Missouri House floor, was deplorable.
    “It betrayed a stunning lack of understanding of theology and self-government: The Constitution protects all Americans from the tyranny of any single faith-based approach to secular law.

“We asked Rep. Brattin to explain his statement, but he did not return a phone call to his office.”
    The amendment to protect LGBT people was withdrawn after opposition from state Republicans.
    In the same session, the House passed Senate Bill 43, a measure that would actually make it more difficult to sue for discrimination.
    Rights activists say the bill weakens discrimination protections for all Missourians, including LGBT people, by raising the standard for proving discrimination claims and exempting employees from being held liable for discrimination.

The local newspaper editorial continues: “The bill is another unnecessary blemish on the state. The legislation’s original sponsor owns a company facing a discrimination lawsuit, making the decision even more questionable.

[“It] now sits on Gov. Eric Greitens’ desk. The governor has made clear his desire to bring new businesses and jobs to Missouri. Supporters say SB 43 is part of an effort to make the state more business-friendly.

“But what business wants to operate in a state that tolerates discrimination? Or a state where a representative thinks gays and lesbians are less than human?

“The states that grow in the 21st century will be those that show tolerance, acceptance and intelligence. Missouri’s lawmakers are sending a clear signal this state is not any of those things.

“The governor should veto the bill. And Brattin should apologize.”

On the bright side a state like Missouri is trying to pass legislation to protect gay rights.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Republicans showing their real colors again. No surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Interesting fact - a human male has more in common genetically with a male chimp than with a human female. Maybe our esteemed GoP member is just getting a little confused on the genetics.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Pfft! I do enjoy that he tried to drag other religions down with him. Too bad most Americans only care about homophobia from Christianity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Interesting fact - a human male has more in common genetically with a male chimp than with a human female. Maybe our esteemed GoP member is just getting a little confused on the genetics.
    Sounds interesting, but is it true? Would like to see some source for that. o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if history is evidence of how this turns out exactly how long will it be before someone catches Representative Brattin giving someone a blowjob in a cheap motel?

15+ Year Old Account
    How weak do you have to be to let religion rule over you like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So if history is evidence of how this turns out exactly how long will it be before someone catches Representative Brattin giving someone a blowjob in a cheap motel?
    But he wouldn't be gay! He would be... INVESTIGATING! That's it, like Jane Goodall and the chimps!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    How weak do you have to be to let religion rule over you like that.
    Just believe tired Abrahamic traditions of believing you'll burn for all eternity if you treat a gay person like a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Sounds interesting, but is it true? Would like to see some source for that. o_O
    Here is the 'argument' :

You can source that chimps/humans share 98-99% of DNA in common - from anywhere you want, google will give you a zillion sources.

Then add the fact that human males and females have an entire chromosome difference, that's 1 in 46, or around 2.2%

Hope you can spot the flaw

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Republican

Missouri

References the Koran

Too many LULs

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    But he wouldn't be gay! He would be... INVESTIGATING! That's it, like Jane Goodall and the chimps!
    Gays in the Mist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Gays in the Mist
    Sounds like something that would have a Brazzers logo on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Just believe tired Abrahamic traditions of believing you'll burn for all eternity if you treat a gay person like a human.
    I'd rather think for myself than have a book tell me what to think, thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Here is the 'argument' :

You can source that chimps/humans share 98-99% of DNA in common - from anywhere you want, google will give you a zillion sources.

Then add the fact that human males and females have an entire chromosome difference, that's 1 in 46, or around 2.2%

Hope you can spot the flaw
    Chimps have 48 chromosomes.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'd rather think for myself than have a book tell me what to think, thanks.
    And that's why religious dogma continues to be bullshit.

He isn't wrong.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-05-12 at 03:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    He isn't wrong.
    And how's that exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Pfft! I do enjoy that he tried to drag other religions down with him. Too bad most Americans only care about homophobia from Christianity.
    It's like if he thought mentioning the Qur'an would make him not look like a bigot.