Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

AG Sessions: The War on Drugs is back

Attorney General and racist Keebler elf Jeff Sessions has finally released his long-rumored policy on crime sentencing, instructing federal prosecutors to resurrect policies of the failed war on drugs:

Attorney General Jeff Sessions ordered federal prosecutors late Thursday to pursue the toughest possible charges and sentences against crime suspects, reversing Obama administration efforts to ease penalties for some nonviolent drug violations.
    His memo replaced the orders of former Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr., who in 2013 encouraged prosecutors to consider the individual circumstances of a case and to exercise discretion in charging drug crimes. Mr. Holder directed prosecutors — when considering nonviolent defendants with insignificant criminal histories and no connections to drug trafficking or other criminal organizations — to omit details about drug quantities from charging documents so as not to lead to automatically harsh penalties.
    I'm old enough to remember when hardcore lefties thought Clinton would be just as bad as Trump, even though she called for ending mass incarceration policies and reclassifying Marijuana. I also remember a lot of libertarians who thought Trump would be lenient on drug policy, even though he was surrounding himself with ideologues like Sessions who were lifelong zealots against recreational drugs.

I can only hope that the new policies will be equally enforced against white opioid users as other targeted populations. Haha! Right...

Buckle up, folks! We're only 4 months in!
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

It did such a good job of packing our prisons with non-violent low level offenders while not actually doing anything to combat drug use, that we're just doing it a second time!

All these morons who convinced themselves that Trump was some sort of crusader for legalization were just smacked in the face with a Gollum sized dose of reality.

I hope so.

I don't use any illegal substances, but people I care about use marijuana for crippling anxiety. I've also done hospice volunteer work with people who used it for chronic illness.

This is a step in the wrong direction, and a big one.

Gotta remember, who started the original war on drugs?
    It was Nixon
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    It was Nixon
    Trump truly is Cliff Notes Nixon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone just plant drugs on Sessions so he gets burned by his own policies already.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to funnel tax payer money to the private prison industry somehow.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Trump truly is Cliff Notes Nixon.
    I've always thought that Trump sounds like someone trying to give a book report on a book that he didn't read. Although in his case, I'm not sure he bothered with the Cliff Notes; just the back cover.

OT: It worked so well the first time, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. It would certainly be easy for them to just walk into any state with legalized recreational marijuana laws, and start rounding people up. But they likely will not do so.

This seems to me to be an excuse to run into urban districts and shake the place down.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Was the War on Drugs on pause when dispensaries in Colorado and California were being raided? Sessions is an idiot for reinvigorating it, but when did the War ever stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It did such a good job of packing our prisons with non-violent low level offenders while not actually doing anything to combat drug use, that we're just doing it a second time!
    Sounds like the private prison owners are in need of more money, and Trump needs more smokescreens up. Win-win....atleast they think.

Trump could make a deal with Jingping to start shipping some of their smog to blind people with, and call it job creation.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-05-12 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

But what happened to state's rights? Seems conservatives are rather hypocritical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    But what happened to state's rights? Seems conservatives are rather hypocritical.
    Only the states that agree with the federal governments views are allowed to have their own rights. If you go against their views, you have to be managed by the federal government.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Might as well double down, it probably didn't work the first time because we didn't lock up enough people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Might as well double down, it probably didn't work the first time because we didn't lock up enough people.
    They were running low on slaves in the prisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racist keebler elf made me chuckle. Ty sir!

- - - Updated - - -

Pfff please. You think little.things like principles are gonna trouble these people? The republicans are here to win and principles are only good in so far as they assist that. They can and will be dropped in an instant if they can lock up more black people.1
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were running low on slaves in the prisons.
    I see an open bunk!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    It was Nixon
    False it was way before Nixon , Nixon just exploited it even further to target blacks and anti war activists. Harry anslinger who was head of the formerly know department for prohibition of alcohol. Do some research buddy

I wonder what this means for the legal weed program in Colorado? If they feds want they can shut it down.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland