Nier "commemorative reprints" now available at the Square Enix store

So feelbad game of a generation Nier, obviously the prequel to Nier Automata and sequel to Drankengard/Dragon On Dragoon ending D is getting a limited reprint run direct from Square Enix on account of no digital version ever being released and the existing copies of the pal/Gestalt version being scalped to hell and back -infamously with lots of copies on sites like ebay turning out to be copies of games like sonic '06 picked up from bargain bins and given a printed off nier box art and sold for up to $100 each online. Given the popularity of Automata, Gestalts existing cult status and really short supply numbers outside the US the european store just went live with a £24 brand new reprint copy but stocks are super limited.

I lost my original copy and i'm totally picking one up. Automata has the better gameplay but the original Niers story and use of NG+ in a fashion similar to Chrono Trigger makes it something very special and a must play game from the 7th gen.

Plus its always nice to see scalpers upset about their "investments" being ruined

*direct links bug out, just search for Nier on the store.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-05-12 at 10:17 PM.

"It Got Worse: The Game"

My copy is on the Xbox and i'm not sure if its still working. Might get this if its not.

Got an email from Square enix my copy was out yesterday, woke up this morning to find it already in my mailbox. Case looks a little paler and i think the box art on the backs different but aside from that solid reprint, even has all the insert like an ad for "FF13 Coming soon!" so they must keep their backlog archived way better than Sega does

For £24 totally worth it, the scalper tears online at their "investments being ruined" after some said they outright destroyed copies of Nier when automata was announced "because thats how capitalism works" nothing pleases me more than to enjoy a game knowing a scalpers pissed that i did so for cheap.