I would enjoy a glpyh where I can make myself 100% fire or arcane or wizardy spec :)

I know some mages enjoy the style of wizardry how about a 4th spec where u can use a combination of the various abilities? Frost/Fire/Arcane.

And allow fire specs to have fire nova, fire block, etc

arcane specs to have arcane nova, arcane block.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    I know some mages enjoy the style of wizardry how about a 4th spec where u can use a combination of the various abilities? Frost/Fire/Arcane.

Arcane / Fire nova that freezes the target? guh ^^'

Well, Ice block one is easy. Molten block (Cho ability from heroes of the storm) and Time stasis.
    Frost nova seems harder to fit a similar mechanic and thematic, or least I couldn't think of anything.

Deleted
    Actually that is how Mages used to be before the old talent system got removed.

Every mage had every spell and you used them. A fire mage used blizzard as an AoE aswell as arcane explosion. A frost mag eused fire blast as an instant spell and Both used manashield.

It was also not uncommon for a fire mage to use a frostbolt for the slow or a Pyroblast in a shattre combo. Mages back than were mages not specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post

i'm going to say the chances of us getting a fourth spec that is another ranged dps spec is as close to zero as you can conceive.

Why would you want one anyway? We have three and frankly that is one too many in the modern day and age.

As for Fire Block and Fire Nova, in the last interview Watcher basically said that this sort of spec separation had gone too far and again used Mages as an example of that. You can pretty much take that as a sign they will go no further than they have...and they have gone pretty far...and maybe they will roll it back somewhat next expansion, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Arcane / Fire nova that freezes the target? guh ^^'
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnta View Post
    Well, Ice block one is easy. Molten block (Cho ability from heroes of the storm) and Time stasis.
    Frost nova seems harder to fit a similar mechanic and thematic, or least I couldn't think of anything.
    Arcane shackles - Shackles enemies hit preventing them from moving

Fire/seismic nova - Breaks the ground preventing enemies hit from moving.

I actually enjoy being a mage that can use all magic schools available instead of using only the magic school of my spec ^^

People bitching about not having <insert spec> version of a spell led to the current situation where each spec barely touches the other schools anymore. I don't think they do via damage anymore.

Bottom line OP, folks like you have already created what you are asking for, for the tiny amount that isn't for example fire when you want to be fire... do us all a favor and just remove them from your bars.

As a mage, I want to be able to cast damage from all schools not be limited because I picked a given spec. We lost some great interactions due to this spec specific trend.

Ech I think the current incarnation Blizz has taken "prohibited schools of magic" concept a bit too far.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Makes sense on the Arcane, think I was to focused on Chronomancy.
    However, the fire one seems like it is in the realm of shaman more than mage. That was the problem I was having when thinking of one.
    Though, it is only a glyph, for a class I don't play anyways, so truly don't see why not to add something like these.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnta View Post
    Molten ground, rapidly melt and harden the ground beneath the target, rooting them in place until they can break free.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Actually that is how Mages used to be before the old talent system got removed.

Every mage had every spell and you used them. A fire mage used blizzard as an AoE aswell as arcane explosion. A frost mag eused fire blast as an instant spell and Both used manashield.

It was also not uncommon for a fire mage to use a frostbolt for the slow or a Pyroblast in a shattre combo. Mages back than were mages not specs.
    Dude, I miss Arcane Power / PoM / Pyro...

Deleted
    Yeah that would actually be kind of neat, I agree, wizards and mages in WoW have access to multiple schools of spells and can use them all at once, why shouldn't we?

When it comes to glyphs I'd just like one that makes arcane look decent, I mean come on, Arcane Blast and Explosion, really Blizzard?