Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm that type of raider.

What stops me?
    Other things that I do in life.
    Totally different raid times when I'm available(you can PUG heroic in weekends easily).

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Heroic has a 30 person limit, why would they bench someone doing 50% more dps than the minimum requirement? I mean, its mostly off topic but your whole story smells.
    (Sorry a bit long again, tried to cut it down)

I've been completely legit, nothing dodgy went on. I should of added one last bit, while doing normal progress, the officers pug the HC version, they get better gear, the raid progresses better next week, all understandable.

Anyways, we're still progressing in NH when one Saturday the majority of the raid team log on, and immediately go to NH. Turned out there was a trial run for NH HC, now at this point I wasn't ready. I hadn't long switched raiding characters (they wanted a melee instead of a elemental shaman), and two others who were good enough weren't told.

Anyways the two people at that point were on the 450k mark I think? Anyways a few mins prior to starting it was pointed out in G chat we weren't there. I said I wasn't aware there was a run tbh and no one else replied to anything, but that was fine.

Anyways long story short. They had organised this run private, then sent out wisps to people opposed to using the calendar (we use that not a website due to both guilds being involved) I wasn't good enough, the other two were benched for two people doing higher DPS than them from the other guild.

So I politely asked to speak to the GM in private discord. I just asked if I could offer some advice, which was (in a nut shell, I didnt directly say it like this or these exact words)

1) If you don't want specific players in a raid, just give them a heads up for what ever reason, don't go about it cloak and dagger. It's not pleasant doing your own stuff then noticing your team all doing a raid without you
    2) When the raid team agreed to do a joint venture for mythic with another guild, we didn't realize that would include regular normal and heroic runs, it's fine but should their members really be giving priority over our own members?

He wasn't overly impressed and spent the next 30 minutes - civilized - but ranting about respect. Since then he hasn't come on any event the three of us have set up to help out / do for fun. So it very well could be that. If it is that, I just find it pathetic tbh

But as I say, everything I've said is legit, I don't see the point in lying I could come here and say its a bad guild, its a bad gm, they do this they do that, and the odds are I would gain the majority of the replies on my side, but that wouldn't change shit and offer no actual constructive criticism so it's a waste of my time and other peoples time which are offering their 2 cents.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Guild I'm in is 10/10H but we don't have numbers for mythic. We've cleared EN mythic, and will probably do the same to ToV and NH when we can x realm

My guild is one of these guilds. Granted we're only 8/10 NH Heroic so far, but we simply do not have the numbers to make a Mythic raid group. At the start of the expansion we had 21 raiders, but it has dropped to only around 12 people now.

That, and because most of our raiders have early hour jobs / college / university / whatever, we only raid two days a week, two hours a night. We are a pretty casual guild though.
    Last edited by Guyviroth; 2017-05-14 at 12:52 PM.

My guild is a heroic only guild. We raid for one night a week. For a while we were clearing H NH in about three hours and calling it a night, but lately we've just been killing Elisande and Gul'dan then going back and doing achievements in EN/NH for the meta. We've thought about Mythic but trying to recruit on our server is a plague none of us is willing to deal with, and we only have about 14 dedicated raiders.

We used to do the hardcore progression thing back in the day and it ended up splitting our guild. Now the hardcore people are off doing their own things and the core that's left are people who enjoy the tight-knit raiding and screwing around guild community without the pressure that Mythic progression brings. And while we have some that occasionally pipe up with 'How about we do Mythic?', we just remind them that there are Mythic guilds on the server if that's what they want.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much our situation right now. Guild cleared Heroic just after the changes to traits and is not moving on to Heroic due to numbers, interest and a struggle to recruit on a crap server. Right now we're meant to raid Wednesday and Thursday, but we speed through the entire place now in about 1 Hour 40 mins of our three hour raid on Wednesday, and that's it for the week. I personally would like us to grab a few non raiders from the Guild and go into EN Mythic and get a few kills/Transmog put when we've put it to a vote more than half say no. It's pretty crap right now, just waiting for ToS to release to do something.

We've had a varied history. I joined the Main Team from the now defunct Sunday Team in SoO and we were able to clear up to Blackfuse 10 Mythic (Old Heroic). When the Mythic changes were announced we decided to try and push Mythic, and got around a 30 man roster and zerged SoO 20 like the joke it was.

Come WoD release we hit HM and cleared it well, before stepping into Mythic and going for Kargath/Ogron, where I had to step back due to IRL and missed BRF. I came back in HFC to find there had been some problems during BRF and a couple of tensions boiling. We pushed into Mythic HFC and got to Gorefiend and during progress things began to unravel. The tensions from BRF were getting higher, sign ups were dwindling, and we started to get to the point where a Mythic night was unlikely to happen. Eventually a group of six or so players left the Guild to play elsewhere together, and we went into hibernation.

For Legion after the disaster that was the end of WoD, the loss of one of the Main Officers/Tanks and the stresses on him, the GM just plain said we won't do Mythic. I understand, but it's a shame that after joining in MoP and seeing almost everything possible, I don't get to see Mythic now. Honestly though, now I'm a little older, I care less than back then, the idea of grinding AP is horrific and if I can I'd rather spend more time away from the PC than at it.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Yeah, my guild is a Heroic only guild who raid one night a week. We used to raid old HC, but couldn't get a 20 man raid together. So we've been raiding once a week since WoD release. Dunno how our progression is compared to others, but it seems decent. We cleared EN in 3 weeks, ToV in 6 weeks and NH in 6 weeks. When we're done with a raid we either take a break or just farm untill a new one is released.

Oddly enough, it's really hard to recruit people for a guild raiding once a week. We've talked to a lot of people who would rather have worse progression just to raid more.

We raid heroic only - our issue would be who to bench if we went mythic? Flex raiding has been great for us and being able to field 20+ players even in the deepest of content droughts is testament to the unity we feel in the guild. Benching anyone isn't acceptable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Do guilds that clear heroic content and then stop without trying out mythic, exist?

if yes, how do they fare/manage and what is their philosophy for not trying out the hardest content?
    Yes they do, I run one.

We just have a giggle and take things at our own pace, everyone is pretty much agreed that mythic isn't worth the effort. The top difficulty never has been.

The downside is we never clear the top tier content. The upside is we don't have to take it very seriously and I can really relax the entry requirements, let people bring alts etc

Worked for a decade so not going to stop now.

Deleted
    My guild is exactly like this. We clear the heroic in 1h30/2 hours and we call it a day (still a very good progression given this guild struggled on NM Tichon early february).

Trying mythic is not even conceivable. Because we have a small roster (12-13 regular raiders), don't want to bother recruiting pugs, have zero WoW ambitions outside of having fun on discord and killing bosses at a reasonable pace. We are grown up, we work and some have families. It's not worth the effort.

Our philosophy for not trying mythic is: we didn't even consider the idea and we don't care. We are not good enough, not dedicated enough to even do a M+10 once a week. We prefer saying dumb shit and making questionable jokes on discord while breezing through the content, instead of being dead silent because we have to focus after our work day for what? a chance of a small ilvl increase? After a big working day we just want to have fun and laugh with friends. Not spend hours on wipes for such a tiny reward (sense of achievement).

Some close IRL friends are in a guild that discovered the mythic difficulty at Legion, after clearing HM only for the past expansions. They are 5/10 currently, but they have so much dumb shit going on between their incompetent GM (that RQ because he didn't get the good legendary), the RL who gets angry because he has to recruit the pugs, the countless wipes...
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2017-05-14 at 03:03 PM.

I've helped out friends guilds that are heroic only in their early weeks of a new tier (They value the insight on boss fights, I value being able to recoin some bosses). Some of these guilds have phenominal players, but due to having families or whatever aren't always consistantly able to show up, thus they are not in a mythic guild.

The thing I enjoy about joining these runs is the players tend to care more about the mechanics than the damage meters. You'll always find someone humping the meters, but if you tell people to "watch debuffs" and call out when fire is happening or whatever the players tend to respond better. I'm sure this isn't everywhere, and maybe its the minority, but its worth mentioning.

One thing i'm noticing thats recurring is people saying "no we just like to joke around in discord, mythic guilds have yelling raid leaders". I implore you that if you or a friend are in one of these guilds, get out. There are mythic guilds you can be in where there isn't yelling. If you're thinking of applying to a guild, see if one of the members can stream a progression night so you know if the atmosphere is toxic. Friendly mythic guilds exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Guild I am in only focuses on Heroic raids and doesn't bother with Mythic raids due to time commitments and being unable to have a set 20 people each week. (We usually have 12 to 18 each week show)

mythic is not hard.. the hardest thing is to find 20poepole that are allways there .

then you need poeple with 2 braincells to know what kill order things need and how to press asdw .

lucky for us raids are done so that you get so much gear now and just zerg anythng after a while... :P

i play with RL friend evry WE and even there hc is too easy for them now since you can get so much itemlevel from raiding .

I raided hard from vanilla-wrath. I was raiding upwards of 5 days a week and sometimes more. Spending dozens to a hundred wipes on a single boss. I got burned bad. I just pug heroic raids and do high m+ keys every week. Sure the first few weeks for pugs is difficult but beyond that most bosses become a one shot for pugs after that point. I can't see myself returning to mythic level raiding. Why would I. I can get equivalent or very close to it gear from heroic (just shy of 912 equipped never stepped foot in mythic) at far less effort. It's not fun anymore to me banging my head for hours on a single boss. I did it for 3 expansions. It's no longer interesting to me. When my buddies when go out for a few drinks I don't have to say "sorry guys raid time". I love having the availability to play when I want, get decent gear and be able to get off whenever I want to hang out. I also don't gave to worry about planning my work schedule around my guild which I have done as a guilds main tank before.
    Last edited by avx81; 2017-05-14 at 08:55 PM.

We are such a guild. We cleared NH quite some time ago and nwo we only do NH hc once a week and that is it. The reason we arent doing mythics isn't because we we can't, we got quite a few competent raiders, but we simply don't want to be forced getting 20 players. We are a team consisting of 19 players and yeah, sure, getting one more wouldn't be hard. But we would need more since we arent always online. Meaning people would be replaced and sit out. Not something we want to deal with. Make mythic raiding flex and then we are talking

10+ Year Old Account
    I lead such a guild. And reasonings are very simple:

1) some people are not interested in mythic content, whether they feel they are not good enough or are just not drawn to run the content on 3rd difficulty (not counting LFR)
    2) over half of my group is from none connected realms, which automatically puts current tier mythic out of our reach.

Once we're done progression we cut to 1 "main raid day" and just clear the place, attending the clear is not mandatory. We drop down to 1 day of 2, just cause we have nothing to do on the second day, cause achievements gets done, people are not interested in older tier mythic and so on.

Besides if people want to progress then they join various other guilds as PUGs to kill things on mythic.

Is it ideal situation - most definitely no, but people who don't like have long left the guild.

I am in one of those guilds and leading the raids for a couple of months now.

Its 1 raid per week, maybe 2 if people wanna do alts or when its a new raid.

I have like 12 or more HC NH clears, rest of the guild has like 5 HC clears and probably like 14 clears at 8/10 because of numbers we didnt bother with the last 2 earlier.

They are a very casual guild of people afking to tuck kids in all the time.

Most dont care about Mythic, the few that do simply know its not possible without annoying 18-20 year olds tryharding when they arent that good etc etc.

Its simply not worth the hassle...wiping 150 times on a boss you could do at try 2-5 because someone doesnt get it, etc etc, cliques, friends of cliques terrible at the game and all the stuff with "Mythic" guilds.

We mostly raid our own, pug extras to do things faster at clear weeks/days.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-05-15 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post

much like you say. mythic invalidates itself by being the only difficulty that does not have cross server and flexible funtionality.
    Thats basisly what validates Mythic as the highest difficulty as it removes the randomness of 10-30 man tuning where at certain numbers sometimes you get 4 debuffs with X players, and the 2d time that mechanic happens you get 5 debuffs. Also a fixed format gives Blizzard better options to design the Mythic only mechanics and lets them tune in a more consistant way, since you dont have to deal with scaling.

When it was Heroic 10 and 25 difficulty was al over the place, a boss that was hard on 25 could be piss easy on 10, while a boss that was hard on 10 could be piss easy on 25's. All in all while flex formats are imho good for the game, it makes perfect sense that the highest difficulty is a non flex format.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm almost certain there are more heroic only guild than mythic guilds out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Do guilds that clear heroic content and then stop without trying out mythic, exist?

if yes, how do they fare/manage and what is their philosophy for not trying out the hardest content?
    Yep, I run one.
    We do fine and mess with alts while we wait for the next tier of content. For the most part we don't have the time nor the dedication to push mythic.
    My team is curated in such a way that heroic IS our hardest content, while mythic is logistically impossible.