Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    750W isnt needed
    If you dont overclock it's not, if you do I wouldnt count on some 750W Gold units.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

15+ Year Old Account
    So overclocking a 1080Ti uses an additional ~200W?

Ok, Im done here.

... the GTX 580 used quite a bit more wattage than the 1080Ti. So did the high end of the 600 series.

You can comfortably run a 1080Ti on a good 550W PSU, no matter what CPU you're using.

This is what I've cobbled together based on your suggestions. Is this workable with the parts I have chosen and will this serve my needs outlined in my original post?
    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($217.89 OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($65.49 SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($88.98 Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($105.99 Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($99.99 Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($66.39 OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card ($374.89 OutletPC)
    Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case ($85.98 Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA - 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($64.89 OutletPC)
    Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.69 OutletPC)
    Total: $1,189.18
    Total with Kinguin Os key $1,226.18 Windows 10 Kinguin.net ($37.00)
    Total with OutletPC Os $1,277.07 Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($87.89 OutletPC)
    Lastly, I'm not sure yet who I should get the OS from. I read an interesting article on Polygon about Kinguin. It'd be nice to save the cash and just buy from them, but I don't really want to risk the key getting invalidated. I also don't want to really be supporting piracy, but reselling codes you bought in bulk or whatever is a bit different. How reliable do people find Kinguin to be?

Quote Originally Posted by darksim2 View Post
    This is what I've cobbled together based on your suggestions. Is this workable with the parts I have chosen and will this serve my needs outlined in my original post?

Lastly, I'm not sure yet who I should get the OS from. I read an interesting article on Polygon about Kinguin. It'd be nice to save the cash and just buy from them, but I don't really want to risk the key getting invalidated. I also don't want to really be supporting piracy, but reselling codes you bought in bulk or whatever is a bit different. How reliable do people find Kinguin to be?
    Sorry for the late reply. Basically the build is good, just replace the HDD with 2TB Barracuda or 1TB WD Blue (which is 7200pm). Also, if you're buying MSI videocard stick with Gaming/Gaming X, other versions are pretty bad. On Kinguin: you can (and should) get Buyer protection which ensures that you will have your key replaced incase it's invalid.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

How reliable do people find Kinguin to be?
    I deployed more than 400 keys from Kinguin in the last callendar year.

None have been invalidated.

10+ Year Old Account

That seems to be a very competent build that will suite you well.

Kinguin is perfectly safe if you buy the buyers protection. Never had an issue.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Safe, but very shady. Lots of money laundering and the like going on thanks to sites like Kinguin. Hence you needing to buy protection, like some business owner dealing with the mafia...
    lol, that's actually a very good analogy.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Glad to see youve picked the parts you want. I'll admit, i did not check something with the first build i put out for ryzen 5 1600. The motherboard does not "officially" support the RAM selected.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16820232519
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350%20Pro4/#Memory

is officially supported, its 10$ more than the ram you selected at that date, since then that ram has gone up around 10$ as well.

I will also reiterate, the stock cooler with the ryzen 1600 is more than enough if you do NOT overclock. Over a week period, running a cast, a constant youtube video and playing games at 4k, i have not broken 60C in a room sitting at 75F. Again mileage may vary but not by that large of a degree. The be quiet will dissipate more heat, quieter, but i feel you can spend your money better else where whether it be the ram, hard drives, or a few extra quiet case fans and a fan controller. (note: you cant go to the 1600x as it has no stock fan) The noise from the stock cooler is minimal and most good cases will eat the sound. You will more likely hear your case fans even set to low .speeds or your GPU when it ramps up.

A good reason why im reiterating this. Getting new RAM as an upgrade later down the road is going to be $150 and having two sticks you wont really use, or getting the dark rock 3 if you find the stock cooler just isnt keeping the pc cool, $65 or $100 is you decide to get a decent liquid cooling option.

P.S. if you decide to get the dark rock, make sure to get thermal paste. Maybe someone here who has bought it can tell you if it comes with some preinstalled or package with some.
    Last edited by teamkiller; 2017-06-01 at 05:19 PM. Reason: added motherboard support list - dont forget the paste!

Well, I never got around to buying parts since some stuff came up in life. Since then I see the price for the video card I was going to get spiked way up. I did not know prices changed so drastically for computer parts. Plus the case I wanted turned out to be unable to hold the optical drive or something. I would like to get parts ordered by this weekend. So, I need recommendations on an equivalent video card and a different case. I would prefer the case be black, have a clear panel, and with lighting of some sort. I'm trying to get parts ordered by this weekend. Thanks.

EDIT: All the other parts in my previous post I was planning on keeping the same, save for the RAM. I changed that to the G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 that teamkiller suggested.
    Last edited by darksim2; 2017-07-05 at 07:12 PM.