Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Stood in the Fire Ballistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    476

    Blizzard must be doing something wrong regarding advertisement for HotS !

    Yesterday on twitch Lirik played HotS as part of his Sub Sunday where his subs vote games for him to play differently than his regular schedule. His subs voted for HotS and as soon as he fired the game the puke emojis started and his viewers didn't want him to play it, Lirik didn't know shit ofc what the hell is going on the map and what are his objectives (cursed hollow map) and kept forgetting using his mount It was hilarious show. He played a couple of matches with tracer.

    His viewers actually started to like the game and they begged him to play one more match when he decided to switch to another voted game. They suggested for him to play Valeera and he actually loved it and he was amazed at the different designs of other heroes like abathur and chogall. He added HotS as part of his night stream where he plays it with his streamer friends. At the end, Blizzard thanked him and hooked him up with 10 codes for hero bundles to his viewers and they actually got redeemed in a split of second LOL.

    What I'm saying that in almost 1 hour his viewers changed their perspectives over HotS and enjoyed watching it and many of them were asking if this game free and where to download it. I see Blizzard is doing terrible job advertising this game because a single hour in someone's stream made a huge difference.

  2. #2
    Nothing new actually, regarding how much blizzard is busy with work on Overwatch and Hearthstone.

    Yeah of course HOTS 2.0 make game better, but some of old issues are back like two supports on QM's or Nova and Zeratul in one team in QM.
    Choo Choo!

  3. #3
    A friend of a friend thought hots was a horrible game, but he would play it as long as we could convince him that it was at LEAST better than he thought.

    Got him to play heroes like Abathur and Gall (I controlled cho) and he was loving the different takes on heroes abilities. While he didn't enjoy how the levels worked we played for 3 hours before he hopped off with a "Should stop now before I get addicted".

    Some people just hate on it because it looks like just another MOBA clone without giving it a chance.

  4. #4
    I saw the same reactions in Kripp's stream 2 days when he mentioned he was gonna do a HOTS stream day. People are heavily influenced by other opinions when they heard the game is "Shit" yet other Moba's are stealing core concepts of HOTS now. Dota talents and LoL quests/Rift herald springs to mind.

    Most people i play with love how you don't have to be in a passive playmode for 10 minutes just farming for items and you're not bound to a single map

  5. #5
    The problem is that HOTS is a polished turd and it doesnt take long for people to see it thats why all those reactions for the game.

    Of course people will enjoy something new, like the way Cho'gall plays, or Valeera, they are unique in the MOBA scene but after that flashy exterior disappears, back to the problems.

    First of all, its 100% solo unfriendly.

    People think they are doing the right thing when they are doing something completely wrong, quick example, you are 2 levels ahead but nope, being 5v5 at the objective is less important than killing 2 creeps pushing top, not camp, creeps cause the 5th felt like it.

    Basically this whole "simplicity" and "Objectives" doesnt work together , always talking solo queue because people do not care to get better, and because there is no way for the game to show them "You dun goofed" they never ever, learn.

    Sure, for the average clueless MOBA player it will take more than 10 games, but eventually they get there.

    But the whole skins etc might keep people much more interested compared to 2 years ago.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-05-15 at 07:25 AM.

  6. #6
    Epic! RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    1,520
    For some reason there are many negative opinion about HotS. It is different from other MOBAs and therefore people spread non-sense.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    For some reason there are many negative opinion about HotS. It is different from other MOBAs and therefore people spread non-sense.
    If i good recall, people mainly compalin about matchmaking but otherwise. i didin't saw any negative opinions.
    Choo Choo!

  8. #8
    Epic! RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    If i good recall, people mainly compalin about matchmaking but otherwise. i didin't saw any negative opinions.
    "OMG! I can't buy items or last hit minions to stat boost myself and carry this team! So dumbed down!!!"

    Also the 'no comeback mechanics' classic, there are a lot of complaints. Matchmaking issue is not unique to HotS.

    My only real complaint about this game is lack of game knowledge this playerbase has, but it has nothing to do with the actual game.
    Last edited by RH92; 2017-05-15 at 09:21 AM.

  9. #9
    HotSs main problem is there is much better Moba (DotA2) right now if you want to play for skill and win. Hots is simple and learning curve is much lower which makes lot of space for toxic and noob players.

    Not to mention HotS is boring.

    Its like if you wanted to play Paladins instead of Overwatch.

    Add: Big issue is new heroes are being stronger then older ones.
    Last edited by Allora; 2017-05-15 at 09:28 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    HotSs main problem is there is much better Moba (DotA2) right now if you want to play for skill and win. Hots is simple and learning curve is much lower which makes lot of space for toxic and noob players.

    Not to mention HotS is boring.

    Its like if you wanted to play Paladins instead of Overwatch.
    All i am reading from your post:

    I AM ONE OF THE TOXIC, SHARE MY OPINION OR GET CANCER!!!1111

    In YOUR opinion the game is boring and full of toxic players and noobs. In YOUR opinion there are better Mobas.
    In MY opinion Hots is the most fun moba right now. In MY opinion HotS has the most friendly community. In MY opinion the matchmaking became pretty good right now and you meet people in your skill range as you mostly do in other Mobas.

    If you directly start with shit like everything is toxic, boring and full of noobs you are such an obvious problem of the moba genre communities.

    And beside that, I don't want rush B.

  11. #11
    Legendary! Nikkaszal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    6,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    HotSs main problem is there is much better Moba (DotA2) right now if you want to play for skill and win. Hots is simple and learning curve is much lower which makes lot of space for toxic and noob players.

    Not to mention HotS is boring.

    Its like if you wanted to play Paladins instead of Overwatch.

    Add: Big issue is new heroes are being stronger then older ones.
    DotA is boring rubbish

    See what I did there?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer OneWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tesseract
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    . At the end, Blizzard thanked him and hooked him up with 10 codes for hero bundles to his viewers and they actually got redeemed in a split of second LOL.

    What I'm saying that in almost 1 hour his viewers changed their perspectives over HotS and enjoyed watching it and many of them were asking if this game free and where to download it. I see Blizzard is doing terrible job advertising this game because a single hour in someone's stream made a huge difference.
    But it is Blizzard who decided that the guy is doing what Blizzard likes, so they thanked and gave him 10 codes for hero bundles to boost the game promotion. That's part of advertising as well and if you ask me, they are doing quite good job with it.

  13. #13
    I am Murloc! TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    5,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Add: Big issue is new heroes are being stronger then older ones.
    . . .

    Do you normally just make shit up or do you assume that nobody is going to bother actually checking the data?

    Sometimes a new hero is too strong and is subsequently nerfed, using this as a specific complaint against HotS is ridiculous. This is typical of any MOBA, new heroes tend to be overtuned or undertuned; any decent MOBA is always going to be in a state of running an on-going balancing act.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2017-05-15 at 09:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    . . .

    Do you normally just make shit up or do you assume that nobody is going to bother actually checking the data?
    Just compare tanking of varian and Etc. And you will see diference.


    im not saying HotS is bad game. Its just like uncooked meal for me. It can be played but isnt right.
    Last edited by Allora; 2017-05-15 at 10:05 AM.

  15. #15
    Epic! Notshauna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,655
    It's no secret that pre-2.0 they did a remarkable job in making the game unappealing. Coming into an already established genre with 2 super powers with a worse business model than one of them (it was pretty on par with League's) is incredibly difficult, especially when you strip away a lot of the key elements of the genre. I'm not one to criticize dumbing down as a universal mistake, I'm just one to question whether or not it's beneficial in a genre that's already hit the main stream. Typically a genre will have it's more complicated and niche member (DotA 2, Counterstrike etc) and a far more popular simplified iteration (League, Call of Duty), in this dynamic going simpler than the mass market success one is likely going too far.

    It's frankly disrespectful with how little Heroes 1.0 had going for it, and if this was any company other than Blizzard the game wouldn't of lived a year. Now they're making big steps to improve it, allowing players to have a decent repertoire of heroes immediately and adding loot boxes to allow players to get premium content through RNG. I don't think anything short of a complete redesign of the entire game could make it a serious contender in the marketplace, but it should be able to sustain a niche market this way (much like Smite).

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    All i am reading from your post:

    I AM ONE OF THE TOXIC, SHARE MY OPINION OR GET CANCER!!!1111

    In YOUR opinion the game is boring and full of toxic players and noobs. In YOUR opinion there are better Mobas.
    In MY opinion Hots is the most fun moba right now. In MY opinion HotS has the most friendly community. In MY opinion the matchmaking became pretty good right now and you meet people in your skill range as you mostly do in other Mobas.

    If you directly start with shit like everything is toxic, boring and full of noobs you are such an obvious problem of the moba genre communities.

    And beside that, I don't want rush B.
    I'm not wishing cancer to anyone or forcing my opinion to anyone.

    Game is toxic. more then 50% of games has toxic player in team. I usually don't blame or argue with anyone in game.

    Matchmaking is total disaster and always will be until you can choose your team composition and map before the game. (also in quick match)
    Last edited by Allora; 2017-05-15 at 10:16 AM.

  17. #17
    The Patient Mofn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    SCOTLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    The problem is that HOTS is a polished turd and it doesnt take long for people to see it thats why all those reactions for the game.

    Of course people will enjoy something new, like the way Cho'gall plays, or Valeera, they are unique in the MOBA scene but after that flashy exterior disappears, back to the problems.

    First of all, its 100% solo unfriendly.

    People think they are doing the right thing when they are doing something completely wrong, quick example, you are 2 levels ahead but nope, being 5v5 at the objective is less important than killing 2 creeps pushing top, not camp, creeps cause the 5th felt like it.

    Basically this whole "simplicity" and "Objectives" doesnt work together , always talking solo queue because people do not care to get better, and because there is no way for the game to show them "You dun goofed" they never ever, learn.

    Sure, for the average clueless MOBA player it will take more than 10 games, but eventually they get there.

    But the whole skins etc might keep people much more interested compared to 2 years ago.
    this is literally every moba, though dota/lol/hon will take far more than 10 games for you to feel comfortable. QM is fine as long as the newbie doesnt think its easy af straight away. there is a bunch to learn about decision making, and that is learned over a longer period of time rather than immediately which so many people expect

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    5,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    I'm not wishing cancer to anyone or forcing my opinion to anyone.

    Game is toxic. more then 50% of games has toxic player in team. I usually don't blame or argue with anyone in game.

    Matchmaking is total disaster and always will be until you can choose your team composition and map before the game. (also in quick match)
    You're probably at a relatively low MMR if you're seeing that type of behavior, good players are less prone to wasting time and energy sabotaging their team with that type of shitty behavior. This isn't unique to HotS either, it is just an ugly part of human nature that becomes exposed in games like this.

    Your complaint about QM is easily solved: Play Unranked or HL, both modes use draft pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    I'm not wishing cancer to anyone or forcing my opinion to anyone.

    Game is toxic. more then 50% of games has toxic player in team. I usually don't blame or argue with anyone in game.

    Matchmaking is total disaster and always will be until you can choose your team composition and map before the game. (also in quick match)
    You missed another "in my opinion" hunny.

    Those random maps in Quick Match and not knowing what may come is what is extremely refreshing for me and for tons others I played this game with. So going your way I am just able to say all other Mobas completely suck because they don't have the feature, right?

    And the last really toxic player I met is long ago in Hots, while in the first game after a year in LoL and Dota there were toxic crap from the first minute, and I really mean toxic. Not flaming, really toxic FROM THE FIRST MINUTE.

    But when you mean there are 50% toxics I am pretty sure that you are a toxic. The way you are writing in this forum, without knowing and simply overlooking your posts, makes me pretty sure you are a toxic player. You are never allowing other opinions, you are representing your idealisms as facts. You may not force others into your opinion, but you sell them as the truth.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    You are never allowing other opinions, you are representing your idealisms as facts. You may not force others into your opinion, but you sell them as the truth.
    You know you are just doing this by not accepting i can have opinion too?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •