Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    But it is Blizzard who decided that the guy is doing what Blizzard likes, so they thanked and gave him 10 codes for hero bundles to boost the game promotion. That's part of advertising as well and if you ask me, they are doing quite good job with it.
    This is after effect to something like that happened coincidently, A single streamer who happens that his Avg count of viewers between 30k to 40k per day changed minds of many of viewers. Blizzard only promoting HotS through streamers their viewers already playing HotS and they don't need advertisment, they only there to see their favorite streamer playing skillfully. There is a huge difference between these and a streamer and his viewers who completely new to HotS and they experience it for the first time. This is the type of viewers/gamers you should target them.

Deleted
    A lot of people hate on Blizzard games with passion.

It's same with everything in pop culture really. People like to hate just because something is popular without even spending a split moment to even look and experience the the actual product ...

Sadly, Blizzard's WoW is the one to be blamed for this. It took the not just the gaming, but media world by storm like none other ever did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    You're probably at a relatively low MMR if you're seeing that type of behavior, good players are less prone to wasting time and energy sabotaging their team with that type of shitty behavior. This isn't unique to HotS either, it is just an ugly part of human nature that becomes exposed in games like this.

Your complaint about QM is easily solved: Play Unranked or HL, both modes use draft pick.
    i'm in Platinum according Hotslog. And there is almost no game where at least one guy can't communicate or playing solo or just toxic.

(i'm not saying it's much different in others Mobas)
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-05-15 at 10:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    HotS was released about 2 years too late. That was and will be the main problem.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-05-15 at 10:45 AM.

MOD WARN: People are allowed to like different things, chill your defence matrices and enjoy variety

HotS suffers from an awful launch leading to a persisting stigma that the game is trash. Pretty much all the charity event pros have said they're surprised how fun the game is, now this guy, even Totalbiscuit enjoys the game. The game is fun, it might not be everyone's cup of tea but it works and people enjoy it.

The skill involved is a lot more subtle in heroes and comes down to drafting and mechanical ability in team fights, which is a lot harder to see at a glance and can easily give the impression that it's just game for idiots.

The community is often praised as the least toxic out there in the moba scene, but let's be real it's not like that's a hard challenge but we also have some of the most active and aware developers out there. I've lost track of the amount of things the players have asked for and the devs have added in the last year alone.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    You know you are just doing this by not accepting i can have opinion too?
    No, I simply cannot stand your wording. I accept your opinion, but you are seeling them as facts even though these are your opinions or not even possible facts because they are always biased Mr.Trump JR.

You simply can not globalize terms fitting for you. And as I said, seeing your posts you always do that. Fucking Internet guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    No, I simply cannot stand your wording. I accept your opinion, but you are seeling them as facts even though these are your opinions or not even possible facts because they are always biased Mr.Trump JR.

You simply can not globalize terms fitting for you. And as I said, seeing your posts you always do that. Fucking Internet guys.
    lulz

Actually it's not my problem you can't stand my wording. I just state my experiences as i have them.
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-05-15 at 11:41 AM.

HotSs main problem is there is much better Moba (DotA2) right now if you want to play for skill and win. Hots is simple and learning curve is much lower which makes lot of space for toxic and noob players.

Not to mention HotS is boring.

Its like if you wanted to play Paladins instead of Overwatch.

Add: Big issue is new heroes are being stronger then older ones.
    Valla. malf, tyrael, muradin, tycus, and several other alpha/beta/early launch heroes would disagree with newer heroes being stronger. All the heroes I listed made it to HGC, blizzcon and other tourns and if not picked were banned

10+ Year Old Account
    I still find though LoL community more toxic than HOTS one. Yeah i can agree i encounter players who don't have idea what to do, or just simply trolling. But reporting trolls or rude players is pointless since blizz do nothing to them, only mute them.

HOTS 1.0 i can tell you now, was an fatal mistake. it should stay one more year in open beta or something, then release it like now was with 2.0.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The HoTS community isn't that toxic, at least compared to LoL and DoTa 2. Those communities are absolute fucking cancer.

I've played every single one of these for a couple years and I think the major problem with HoTs is that it launched a bit too late compared to others. Personally I think it looks and plays better than the other two. LoL looks like a diarrhea at this stage of the game, but that's not why people play it so whatever.

I still prefer traditional MoBas with items that help define builds and add a lot of depth. DoTa 2 to me is the best one, but I'd never recommend the game to somebody. Game is way too complicated and way too toxic. Which is fine for people like me who spent years of playing it in WC3 and years playing the new version, but for somebody new? Forget it. Unless you want to sit down and lose constantly or get yelled at for probably a year, good luck trouncing through that shit to the point that you might actually enjoy playing the game, and don't feel like a hindrance. LoL is like some kinda middle ground between the two, but the problem of having to learn for an extended period of time still exists (personally LoL might as well not have items because they are boring as fuck).

I read through some of the responses here and honestly HoTs isn't really that bad as far as power creep goes with existing heroes. Part of that is because they only have like half the heroes DoTA/LoL has, but LoL in particular had a VERY bad rap and still does when it comes to power creep. There are plenty of launch heroes in HoTS that are still incredibly strong picks. Sure some of these heroes get some buffs/nerfs over time (all these games do this), but LoLs model, at least for awhile was to forget older champions existed and a couple years later essentially remake the champion into 2.0. DoTa 2 in the competitive sense does have trends, but you see a pretty large hero pool in tournaments.

Quick match is absolutely terrible by the way and it was a huge problem in DoTa 2 as well. I have no fucking idea why these game modes even exist. I understand the 'quick' part of it, but the regular pick mod in DoTa 2 was cancer, and essentially had people sitting their waiting for the other team to pick for ages, only to be counter picked. It was a huge game of chicken. Only recently did they add the draft mode in DoTa to unranked play, and it makes the game WAY better. When I first started playing HoTS again I realized they had an unranked mode, and even though it takes like 3 extra minutes, the quality of the games are so much more enjoyable. Blind pick modes shouldn't exist in HoTS to begin with, considering how shit some heroes are on some maps and how badly some heroes get fucked by others.

IDK how much longer I'll continue playing it but I'll 100% attest to the fact the game is way better than I remember it when I started playing it a couple years ago. Don't think it will ever surpass DoTa for me, but it's different enough that I don't mind playing it once and awhile either. It looks pretty anyway.

Evidance seems to be pointing to the contrary of most kneejerk reactions. Most people think its a turd after being easily influenced and realize otherwise when they actually experience it.

ALL MOBA communties are a toxic cesspool. I don't know what rose tinted glasses you wear but Dota,LoL,and HOTS all have some of the worst people in gaming. The bonus for hots is your only stuck with them for 20 mins.

You know that popular streamers get paid by gaming companies to stream their games, right? I'm not saying that's the case here but it's very likely that this is exactly HotS advertisement and you don't even know it.

Anyway, HotS biggest flaw is that it took Blizzard ages to release it. DotA and LoL have gigantic player bases and hardly any of them got time to play more than 1 Moba.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    You know that popular streamers get paid by gaming companies to stream their games, right? I'm not saying that's the case here but it's very likely that this is exactly HotS advertisement and you don't even know it.

Anyway, HotS biggest flaw is that it took Blizzard ages to release it. DotA and LoL have gigantic player bases and hardly any of them got time to play more than 1 Moba.
    Blizzard wasted opportunity to make DOTA2 and this is result though. :P

Was thinking the same thing.

I'd enjoy HotS a lot more if any hero's abilities actually did something. Compared to the faster, more dynamic combat of a game like LoL, HotS just feels so slow.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    "OMG! I can't buy items or last hit minions to stat boost myself and carry this team! So dumbed down!!!"

Also the 'no comeback mechanics' classic, there are a lot of complaints. Matchmaking issue is not unique to HotS.

My only real complaint about this game is lack of game knowledge this playerbase has, but it has nothing to do with the actual game.
    A lack of game knowledge in a game so simple does have something to do with the actual game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just compare tanking of varian and Etc. And you will see diference.

im not saying HotS is bad game. Its just like uncooked meal for me. It can be played but isnt right.
    When Varian was first released, his tanking spec was considered weaksauce until it was buffed over, and over, and over again. ETC was considered as one of the strongest tanks until his devastating nerf, in which they removed a huge chunk of his damage contributation and a decent chunk of his survivability without compensating it. Do note that Varian, currently, is more or less middle of the pack at ALL lvls of gameplay, for all 3 builds.

Muradin, one of the OLDEST tanks in Heroes, is considered to be one of the most solid tanks in the game.

Diablo is pretty strong atm as well, and Anub'Arak has one of the highest overall winrates in the game, across the board.

D.Va, the latest tank, is considered to be middle-of-the-pack.

Of the past 5 heroes, here was the consensus.

Genji - Balanced.

Cassia - Close to balanced. Recieved slight buffs after release, meaning she was on the UP side.

Probius - Was considered to be UP on release. Was buffed to current level of slightly on the OP side.

Lucio - Was slightly on the OP side. Recieved a few very small nerfs since then.

Valeera - Wierd mixture of OP on the low skill side of the game, UP on the high skill side of the game. Like Nova.

For more reference..

Zul'Jin - Balanced.

Ragnaros - Grossly overpowered. Nerfed into balance.

Varian - 3 different builds in constant flux. Fury was OP on release, Taunt was UP. Swapped. Swapped again. Lots more swapping.

Samuro - Grossly OP, was nerfed to balance.

Zarya - Was initially UP, quickly buffed to OP. Then nerfed to balanced.

Alarak - Was UP. Still is kinda UP despite claims of being high skill capped.

Auriel - Was on the UP side. Buffed.

Gul'Dan - Was on the UP side. Buffed.

Medivh - Low winrate in everything but competitive, oddly enough.

Seriously. Most of the newer heroes have been considered UP on release, needing buffs, or even significant buffs to be viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just compare tanking of varian and Etc. And you will see diference.

im not saying HotS is bad game. Its just like uncooked meal for me. It can be played but isnt right.
    Um, what? ETC until his changes was meta defining since he was added to the game and Varian only became such a common pick because of ETC falling off the meta, which was months after he got released. This comment alone shows that you have no idea what you are even talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    A lack of game knowledge in a game so simple does have something to do with the actual game.
    Nope, having more stuff to learn doesn't mean more complex.

HotS is surprisingly complex in area of draft because Heroes themselves are designed with a certain niche in mind and talent trees are not as flexible as items in other MOBAs. This creates a whole new area of power spikes for team compositions on different maps.

You may love Abathur, but you simply can't play him on Tomb of Spider Queen and your team is something like Nazeebo, Ragnaros, Tyrael and Rehgar. This is an extreme case, but you should get the idea.