Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movie] New Mutants

The first castings have been officially announced:
    Maisie Williams as Wolfsbane
    Anya Taylor-Joy as Magik

... which were the castings debunked last year.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...lliams-1002743

With Cannonball, Moonstar, and Sunspot announced as the other roles it's a fair bet that they're aiming for the early Claremont era (Warlock is also supposed to be in it), and the main antagonist is Demon Bear.

The original Demon Bear run was issues 18-20. It's collected in https://www.amazon.com/New-Mutants-X...XGS/ref=sr_1_1, and they're available in Marvel Unlimited if you're a subscriber.

Scheduled release date is April 13th, 2018
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Am I weird that I actually liked that Generation X or whatever that movie was that almost nobody knows about with Emma Frost? I mean for the times it was ok. I imagine most people are thinking this would be on par with that considering "X-men" offshoot is what people will think.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder how many more Starks they'll cast as mutants before somebody stops them...
    Sean Bean as the mentor. The mentor's name? Who cares, he will die 30 minutes in, tops.

Can't say I have much faith in Fox to produce anything decent X-Film related unless they go completely hands off in terms of studio interference, and if it's going to be angsty, it's probably going to be too YA for me.

I don't like Arya, so i'll skip this. Angst + Teen, why isn't this on the CW? Fox will cancel within 2 seasons, guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Is this the same one as the trailer that came out today for "The Gifted"?

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I don't like Arya, so i'll skip this. Angst + Teen, why isn't this on the CW? Fox will cancel within 2 seasons, guaranteed.
    This isn't "The Gifted"

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Nope.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Angst Teen coming of age movie? Count me the fuck out.

MORE mutants? Wish they would like of something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Angst Teen coming of age movie? Count me the fuck out.
    Haha yeah. How is there even a market for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Totally different.
    "The Gifted" is a show coming up in the Fall season about the persecution of mutants. An original take on Marvel's stuff. To quote one character "The X-Men, the Brotherhood, we don't even know if they're still around."
    It appears that Bryan Singer (who's name is all over this. He's directing the pilot I believe) is using a couple of b-list characters from the comics as well as creating original ones to recreate the formula that made the original X-Men comics a success.

There's something here that seems very original that I don't even see in comic books anymore.
    Similar to when Joss Whedon did his own take on the X-Men. And did a damn good job. This may be a more live-action take with Bryan Singer's interpretation.
    ------------------------
    Ok, that was more a post than I expected. (We already have a Thread on "The Gifted.)
    We now return you to our regularly scheduled program.

Casting for the other three main characters has been completed. From Rotten Tomatoes:

The highest profile of our three new stars is probably Charlie Heaton, who starred in Stranger Things as brooding teenager Jonathan Bryers, and who has now been cast as Southern rocket-fueled teenager Cannonball. Another Netflix series, 13 Reasons Why, also gave us Henry Zaga, who will also star as Sunspot. Finally, there’s newcomer Blu Hunt, who won an international search to play Native American mutant Danielle “Dani” Moonstar. Rosario Dawson will also co-star in The New Mutants as onetime X-Men member Dr. Cecilia Reyes.
    Odd that Rosario Dawson is getting a second Marvel role, but different studio so not a huge deal. I don't know any of the other actors (I really need to watch Stranger Things, it's been on my to-do list), so I can't really comment on their appropriateness. I am a little concerned they're going full Teen X-Men Film.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Odd that Rosario Dawson is getting a second Marvel role, but different studio so not a huge deal.
    Not that odd really; Chris Evans, Michael B. Jordan and Josh Brolin have also been cast in different Marvel roles for different studios.

I don't know any of the other actors (I really need to watch Stranger Things, it's been on my to-do list), so I can't really comment on their appropriateness. I am a little concerned they're going full Teen X-Men Film.
    "Teen X-men" is pretty much what the New Mutants are.

haven`t heard about them. Is it alredy made?

Quote Originally Posted by Elenashal View Post
    haven`t heard about them. Is it alredy made?
    Yes. /10 chars.

I like the idea of a New Mutants movie, but don't like that they're going to make it a horror movie type. I don't see X-Men fitting that genre. I mean, superhero movies that could fit that genre would be Spawn, Witchblade, Justice League: Dark, Joker, etc., but most Marvel titles are too lighthearted, or just downright vulvar (like Deadpool which is more like dark humor.)

If they're doing the "Demonbear" storyline...then I should hope it's as horror-filled as it was in the comics.

New trailer for New Mutants...

This is gonna be DoA

actually really dig the trailer. looking more forward to this than the last 5 xmen movies outside of Logan. love the team they chose to focus on. hoping for a WArlock cameo, but know i wont get one.