Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I optimize for the elite missions over gold, even on alts. Gold is so cheap now. Easy to earn in game or buy through tokens. Token prices are crazy atm.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed when i leveled my followers in most class halls to legendary rank, automaticly my gold income rose up. Well is not much big change, but most gold missions now i got 200% chances to success. Only issues with that i got on warrior but well, is not bad still.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I got a question that may not need it's own thread:

I have noticed that sometimes when I have 2 or 3 gold missions, then after completing one of them the other ones gets removed? Is is because of deminishing returns?

How often do you get gold missions, and do you need to complete the "crappy" missions with items and AP to get a chance of getting new gold missions?

Missions expire, usually after a week or so, if you don't do them.

Nobody has confirmed that Legion missions have diminishing returns. I don't believe they do, which if true was obviously a huge mistake. Again.

Each char gets 5-9 gold missions per week.

I have 12 chars doing missions and generally make 22-28k per day. Back in WoD I had 11 char (no DH, obviously) and averaged 16-18k/day. So income has actually increased quite a bit. I run a tracking addon (auditor) so that income is not a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Missions expire, usually after a week or so, if you don't do them.
    A lot of the missions have 5-12 hour timers. Certain addons can show you the remaining time left on them.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Last time i was logged in, all normal missions had a 36 hour duration. Raid missions lasted a week and dungeoon missions had 2 or 3 days can't recall now.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Last time i was logged in, all normal missions had a 36 hour duration. Raid missions lasted a week and dungeoon missions had 2 or 3 days can't recall now.
    Argus missions aren't normal though so any that award Argus gear or Require 925 / 950 get special treatment. From the trend I've noticed once I log in it starts a 5-6 hr timer on those missions.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Argus missions aren't normal though so any that award Argus gear or Require 925 / 950 get special treatment. From the trend I've noticed once I log in it starts a 5-6 hr timer on those missions.
    I wouldn't know about argus missions, am unsubbed.
    /spit@Blizzard

Deleted
    Once you were all setup with your WOD garrisons, the only thing you had to do was login. With Legion you actually need to do work, i.e making sure your order resources on all your alts are topped up to afford all the missions.

Yep, I hate this, many of them have 20h+ duration but 6h despawn timer, it's very easy to send your followers out, see a mission pop and be out of followers for the whole duration of that mission existing on the table. Even worse, I've seen a mission spawn right after I finished sending my followers which could mean the table has a cap and doesn't show you some missions until you clear it a bit. Or it was just a coincidence, but I doubt so, they literally popped as I sent the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yep, I hate this, many of them have 20h+ duration but 6h despawn timer, it's very easy to send your followers out, see a mission pop and be out of followers for the whole duration of that mission existing on the table. Even worse, I've seen a mission spawn right after I finished sending my followers which could mean the table has a cap and doesn't show you some missions until you clear it a bit. Or it was just a coincidence, but I doubt so, they literally popped as I sent the others.
    From my experience (especially on alts with few missions) is that some missions don't pop because a mission prior to it in the queue was still up. So after finishing the mission press ESC then reload the table and they appear. It's especially notable with quest missions.

But yeah, I was trying to get everyone to 925 for the quest and the mission would pop right as something else important and then had to make a decision. It sucks, but can't do much about it. Now I need to hit 950 and be done with feeling like I need to do those else risk waiting longer.

From my experience (especially on alts with few missions) is that some missions don't pop because a mission prior to it in the queue was still up. So after finishing the mission press ESC then reload the table and they appear. It's especially notable with quest missions.

But yeah, I was trying to get everyone to 925 for the quest and the mission would pop right as something else important and then had to make a decision. It sucks, but can't do much about it. Now I need to hit 950 and be done with feeling like I need to do those else risk waiting longer.
    Having done the 950 follower quests, I assure you that the rewards aren't that worthy. So far I've only seen one quest which was nice (4+8 Blood rewards)...as for the others :
    - Primal sargerite missions : 1 more than the others ;
    - Gold : 100-200-ish more ;
    - AP : 15-20m-ish more.
    - Follower item : nothing transcending, you can already get them during the 950 quest.

So yeah, 950 missions aren't important.
    PS : -% mission time items <3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Having done the 950 follower quests, I assure you that the rewards aren't that worthy. So far I've only seen one quest which was nice (4+8 Blood rewards)...as for the others :
    - Primal sargerite missions : 1 more than the others ;
    - Gold : 100-200-ish more ;
    - AP : 15-20m-ish more.
    - Follower item : nothing transcending, you can already get them during the 950 quest.

Aren't worthy over 925 missions or 900?

Quote Originally Posted by diamount View Post
    Aren't worthy over 925 missions or 900?
    What I meant was that as soon as you unlocked the Lightforged equipment missions (= you are on the 950 equipment quest), you can prioritize other missions you deem important (be it 900 or 925).
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens

Yeah. On my paladin I have Julia with -20% base. Then I have -25% (New), -15% (Old Legendary), -20% (New). Then I have Maximillan with -20% and -25% (both new). Need to upgrade Julia with the new ones. Use both of those on the Mage Tower Champion's Trophy so they return back in less than a day and do it a few times.

Yeah, not too much, but they give a base +5%-10% on missions for overgearing the lower level ones.

Yeah. On my paladin I have Julia with -20% base. Then I have -25% (New), -15% (Old Legendary), -20% (New). Then I have Maximillan with -20% and -25% (both new). Need to upgrade Julia with the new ones. Use both of those on the Mage Tower Champion's Trophy so they return back in less than a day and do it a few times.

Yeah, not too much, but they give a base +5%-10% on missions for overgearing the lower level ones.
    Only missing Meatballz now !

Only missing Meatballz now !
    If only I could get an invite to drop or one go on the AH =/ I had access in Season 1 and Season 2 and they decided to reset it for Season 3 for some reason.

I got all 950 followers with -30% mission duration, -25% mission duration, and +50% success on less than 8 hours. I have no problems 200% all desirable missions. With the paladin follower Julia, that's another 20%. On 3 follower missions, that comes out to about 88% mission duration reduction, putting almost all of them at 45 mins to an hour long. With most missions only being available for 6 hours now, this is definitely the setup to use to get the most out of the mission table.

Quote Originally Posted by T87 View Post
    With most missions only being available for 6 hours now, this is definitely the setup to use to get the most out of the mission table.
    My default timers have been 18+hrs usually most going to a day+

It is kinda annoying that so many missions that are 8 hours and shorter pop up seeing as all the 110 characters I have have all followers ready for missions longer than 8 hours.