Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by diamount View Post
    Once you were all setup with your WOD garrisons, the only thing you had to do was login. With Legion you actually need to do work, i.e making sure your order resources on all your alts are topped up to afford all the missions.
    Unfortunately you are incorrect.

6 of the 12 classes have a talent that insta-completes a WQ every 18 hours for 100 garrison resources. You can use it on WQs rewarding anywhere from 450 to 850 garrison resources per day. This alone makes those 6 classes self-sustaining, period.

Often you'll also find WQs that reward 3 to 10 Bloods of Sargeras, which is worth 600 to 2000 garrison resources for the six classes that don't have the auto-complete talent. Six of my alts completed a 10 blood WQ this morning. That's 12k garrison resources that can be given to the other 6 alts.

You'll often find garrison missions that reward 1-2 Bloods of Sargaras too, with the bonus reward of another couple Bloods. Since these missions cost 3-400 resources, with the bonus you come out ahead on resources.

Once your alts have all epic followers at 900 ilvl, you basically never have to play your alts and can do every gold mission every single day.

This obviously was a huge mistake by Blizzard, and it's not like it's a secret that passive gold income is a major problem as it was a debacle in WoD. But then along came Legion and they offered garrison missions paying up to 2900 gold. The devs don't learn from their mistakes. Inflation is worse than ever. /Shrug.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-09-27 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You'll often find garrison missions that reward 1-2 Bloods of Sargaras too, with the bonus reward of another couple Bloods. Since these missions cost 3-400 resources, with the bonus you come out ahead on resources.
    You have to pay attention to the mission though. Sometimes you lose resources, sometimes you gain.

This obviously was a huge mistake by Blizzard, and it's not like it's a secret that passive gold income is a major problem as it was a debacle in WoD. But then along came Legion and they offered garrison missions paying up to 2900 gold. The devs don't learn from their mistakes. Inflation is worse than ever. /Shrug.
    I guess it depends on your realm. On my realm I don't really notice any inflation at all. Things are either cheaper or the same it has been since they first came out.

No, if you get the bonus, those missions are always a net gain. None of the missions rewarding BoS cost >600 garrison resources.

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/illidan/item/82453

Look at the regional summary, date range all. I bought my onyx panther back in MoP days for 60k (Yes, this is under cost. Don't know how that happened, but that was the going price at the time. Maybe a dupe bug?) These days it goes for 175k. Unfortunately UMJ only has history back to 2015 or you would see that number steadily drop further back, because you can't check before WoD when inflation really took off like a rocket. You can plug any high-value BoE item into UMJ and see prices rise.

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/illidan/item/1973

Orb of Deception, 10k to ~55k.

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/illidan/item/52252

Tabard of the Lightbringer, 42k to ~200k.

Etc. Inflation is real. Simple equation, people have vastly more money, so everything costs more. If you've been sending out your followers on garrison missions the entire time that's fine, no big deal. But if you're a new player, or returning to the game after a long break, you can't afford to buy anything cool. That's a design problem.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-09-28 at 12:07 AM.

Don't go to Argus or you will regret it, regarding gold to resource ratio.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Not true, many argus WQs reward tons more garrison resources than older ones. It still costs the same 100 resources to do your daily auto-complete WQ, so why not do the more rewarding ones?

Remember, the massive problematic gold income doesn't come from doing WQs directly. It comes from getting resources and doing gold missions with 1500g bonus rewards.

I still have 3 gold missions completing later today, so add ~6k to this. This is just today. One day. It's like this every day.

Oh, and note that I didn't actually play the game today, I'm deep into Divinity: Original Sin 2. I just cycled garrison missions and handed in a paragon chest (the 693g). It's completely passive income. It's completely frickin' broken, and it's not fun to actually do this, but it's so much money that I can't stop. Same as in WoD.

Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-09-28 at 12:21 AM.

No, if you get the bonus, those missions are always a net gain. None of the missions rewarding BoS cost >600 garrison resources.
    Not all. There are times you might not be able to counter mission cost increase due to either still leveling or have people out. Those are definitely not net gains.

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/illidan/item/82453

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/illidan/item/1973

Orb of Deception, 10k to ~55k.

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/illidan/item/52252

Tabard of the Lightbringer, 42k to ~200k.

Etc. Inflation is real. Simple equation, people have vastly more money, so everything costs more. If you've been sending out your followers on garrison missions the entire time that's fine, no big deal. But if you're a new player, or returning to the game after a long break, you can't afford to buy anything cool. That's a design problem.
    Again I said these are realm specific issues. On my realm the Onyx Panther have sold for 125-145k on average which isn't far off from the base cost of each panther.

Undermine Journal I take as a source of information, not something definitive. The reason being is things on my realm sell all the time for lower than what UMJ suggests it does sell for. Even someone who scans the AH 2-3 times a day will find their information different than UMJ's.

The mission which rewards 4+8 BoS (950) costs 1800 ressources....and that's without the increased mission cost added to it. Had to swap my bodyguard equipment to make up for this (as well as hunting wq).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

All my alt followers are epic and itemlvl 900, so they don't see that one. Anyway, if it's countered that one is a net gain too. Of course this only applies once you have epic 900 followers; if you're still leveling you won't make this kind of money. That's really the point, new and returning players are screwed while players like me have a huge advantage in completely passive revenue.

Prices differ by realm, but the UMJ values are region-wide so they're the best guideline we have. Regardless, the point is that inflation is real and happening.

So how do you guys deal with the new troops that cost like 900 resources? I have all 12 classes capped, and i really don't want to do WQ's on all of them. On my main i got enough bloods to cover all costs pre 7.3, but with the new troops it aint happening.

You don't need them for gold missions at 900-- do the 950 gold missions require Argus followers to get 200%? If so, definitely better off not leveling up your alts' followers.

Depends of your champion setup. Sometimes their buffs compensate the lack of Elite counter. Also, the 1st unit (for each of them) only cost 150 each week.

For example : Chen+Lili both have a flat +70%success if mission longer than 8 hours as well as the +30 success chance nullifying the need to use a special troop :
    - 70% from Chen (mission longer than 8 hours);
    - 70% from Lili (mission longer than 8 hours);
    - 30% from Chen (flat success chance) ;
    - 30% from Lili (flat success chance) ;
    - 20% from Lili with Chen ;
    ==> 220% chance on any mission longer than 8 hours (going over the cap because Elite missions have a reduced success chance by default).
    Last edited by A-sayo; 2017-09-28 at 04:26 AM.
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens

You don't need them for gold missions at 900-- do the 950 gold missions require Argus followers to get 200%? If so, definitely better off not leveling up your alts' followers.
    Leveling up the followers isn't an issue, i've been doing this since 7.2, so every follower on every class is pretty much legendary. I've no clue if you can effectively do the argus gold missions + the old ones without the new troops, which is why i'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Depends of your champion setup. Sometimes their buffs compensate the lack of Elite counter. Also, the 1st unit (for each of them) only cost 150 each week.

For example : Chen+Lili both have a flat +70%success if mission longer than 8 hours as well as the +30 success chance nullifying the need to use a special troop :
    - 70% from Chen (mission longer than 8 hours);
    - 70% from Lili (mission longer than 8 hours);
    - 30% from Chen (flat success chance) ;
    - 30% from Lili (flat success chance) ;
    - 20% from Lili with Chen ;
    ==> 220% chance on any mission longer than 8 hours (going over the cap because Elite missions have a reduced success chance by default).
    So the best bet would probably be going with all "% chance on longer than 8 hours" items on all champions? Adding flat % chance or % on X counter here and there?
    Last edited by Ergar; 2017-09-28 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    So the best bet would probably be going with all "% chance on longer than 8 hours" items on all champions? Adding flat % chance or % on X counter here and there?
    There are several ways to do it (too lazy to find my post detailling my whole setup). My stand is to have 3 teams :
    - A team of 3 to lower the mission time as much as possible (triggering up to +150% success)
    - A team of 2 for long missions (cf. previous post) ;
    - A random 6th (right now it is the one who has a bonus with t2 troop...but I don't use it as much lately, the other 2 teams are just way better).

It depends whether you want to gamble or have a static bonus (I went for the static bonus and I can add extra % thanks to Meatballz's balls and Monkey King's bananas). I value 30% success more than a 50% success IF there is a hazard\danger\poney\w/e.

All my alts' followers are legendary and itemlvl 900. Question was about the different missions at itemlvl 950. My main has 950 followers but I don't care about order resources on him so I'll just get more Argus followers if necessary.

There are several ways to do it (too lazy to find my post detailling my whole setup). My stand is to have 3 teams :
    - A team of 3 to lower the mission time as much as possible (triggering up to +150% success)
    - A random 6th (right now it is the one who has a bonus with t2 troop...but I don't use it as much lately, the other 2 teams are just way better).

It depends whether you want to gamble or have a static bonus (I went for the static bonus and I can add extra % thanks to Meatballz's balls and Monkey King's bananas). I value 30% success more than a 50% success IF there is a hazard\danger\poney\w/e.
    Aight fair enough ty. I kinda like the higher % on specific counters more than lower flat %, since very rarely do i send someone out without countering something. Now to get to pushing my last 6 alts through the argus quests. Fucking killl me.

There's also the new Argus items that give +30-50% buff in Spells/Hazards/Minions. Since the new counters work off Spells/Hazard you can easily put a +50% on someone who counters Spells/Hazard (Spell with Spell and Hazard with Hazard) and that boosts them up pretty significantly to act like the Argus counter too. Granted I wouldn't suggest to do this on too many. I have one of my followers set to +50% spell instead of +8hr or -4 hrs and that follower alone hits 100+% alone by itself.

Also the argus equipment you can get a base +25% on mission pretty easily.

Deleted
    I have a few questions about the new Argus missions and equipment.

1. Do the argus champion equipment upgrades (not the ilvl upgrades) drop from the champion work orders in the Class Halls? I switched away from the work orders pre-7.3 as I no longer needed the equipment, however I'd like to change to use the new Argus ones, so just want to check if it's worth it before swapping
    2. Is it worth levelling alt champtions to 950ilvl? Deffo doing it on my main, but I have 900ilvl on alts already so just want to check I know the extra 50ilvl will make the success go up a bit due to overgearing the missions, however is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalliss View Post

1. Do the argus champion equipment upgrades (not the ilvl upgrades) drop from the champion work orders in the Class Halls? I switched away from the work orders pre-7.3 as I no longer needed the equipment, however I'd like to change to use the new Argus ones, so just want to check if it's worth it before swapping
    Yes.

2. Is it worth levelling alt champtions to 950ilvl? Deffo doing it on my main, but I have 900ilvl on alts already so just want to check I know the extra 50ilvl will make the success go up a bit due to overgearing the missions, however is it worth it?
    Nope, just keep them at 900. 950 missions cost so many ressources (1800 for the BoS one).

Deleted

I think the missions for gold itself does not have cost increase (resources) and gives 2800 gold in total (with 200%) - so defo worth! They are harder tho, can be 2x counter + 2 man mission, but with good followers its worth it.

On alts I am trying to get 2x each counter (Class and hazard/spell/minion), giving followers 30% speed, 30 % bonus chance and 50% against their hazard/spell/minion. I don't know if this is the best way, but its a generic easy way, that works OK for me.

Nope, just keep them at 900. 950 missions cost so many ressources (1800 for the BoS one).
    Except they hotfixed a lot of this a few days ago along with the BoS ones you make back a couple hundred resources if you counter everything and exchange them back for resources.