Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    192
    I managed to get the Resto one done early this morning with an 899 ilvl. Died in the final phase, but thankfully Erdris died about 3 seconds later.

    Don't think my skill as Cat or Bear is up to the task, at least until I've got a fair bit more gear. Two down, two to go.

  2. #22
    Legendary! Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    6,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaolin View Post
    Just a tip for anyone still trying the Bear challenge. I've seen this in videos but haven't seen it posted anywhere. If you pull Variss to Velen, he will get absolutely dominated by Velen's melee attacks. When I finished it the other day Velen did 15M dmg to Variss with just regular melee attacks(Variss only has 35M). Made phase 1 a breeze and I could save all my cds/prepare for phase 2 by killing all the infernals before I pushed into phase 2
    How do you pull Variss to Velen? Even with an interupt, he just immediately goes back to casting.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    How do you pull Variss to Velen? Even with an interupt, he just immediately goes back to casting.
    I believe if you outrange his casts he'll move towards you (haven't tried), and you can also typhoon him (have tried, works).

    Got boomy easy when the tower first opened, and got Guardian over the weekend. Had the fight figured out but had issues with dps, so grinded out AP for pawsitive and 4th point in thrash trait, and got a 2nd thrash relic and tried it again (901 ilvl using Eko and Prydaz). Got it within 10 pulls after that. Died to the 4th annihilate and boss had ~300k hp and NPC finished him off.

    Will go for resto probably the next time the tower is up..

  4. #24
    Merely a Setback Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Winter is here.
    Posts
    29,426
    I haven't tried it on my main yet, as I don't like the MW Monk appearance. I would like it on my Resto Druid, but I need to gear her up more before I even attempt it.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    How do you pull Variss to Velen? Even with an interupt, he just immediately goes back to casting.
    Like Rocksteadee said you just want to tag him with moonfire and run to the edge of the platform behind where Velen was initially standing. When combat begins Velen runs forward 15 or 20 yards. When you are out of range of Varriss he won't cast just try to get into range of you. There is some difficulty keeping him as close to Velen as possible during the fight. I had pulls where Velen only did ~10M dmg instead of 15M because I ran too far away with bear tartare proccing.

    Also forgot to add that this strat makes it harder to grab orbs because the orbs will 9 times out of 10 be inside the dead zone around Variss. So if you had just been in there to interrupt and you get low you have to run in and heal from an orb and possibly reset your stacks. Because of this I went brambles and lunar beam. Each time the small adds spawned I would either use barkskin or lunar beam to help kill the adds before I had to use my fear so I could possibly use it to stop Variss from using Drain Life.
    Last edited by Kaolin; 2017-05-23 at 03:45 PM.

  6. #26
    Main balance here, 2 shotted it, resto was up to 32. Guardian and feral took me 100 tries each but I don't have luffas for them and never played feral before!

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaolin View Post
    Just a tip for anyone still trying the Bear challenge. I've seen this in videos but haven't seen it posted anywhere. If you pull Variss to Velen, he will get absolutely dominated by Velen's melee attacks. When I finished it the other day Velen did 15M dmg to Variss with just regular melee attacks(Variss only has 35M). Made phase 1 a breeze and I could save all my cds/prepare for phase 2 by killing all the infernals before I pushed into phase 2
    The only bad thing about this is a lot of the healy balls will spawn in the Aura of Decay, though if this is true, it makes me glad to know I did it legitimately.
    Uses the same signature for over a year, just randomly gets infracted for it recently.
    Placeholder signature is placeholder and will hopefully make me finish my shit.
    Oh yeah, I'm a Druid and stuff.
    I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall.

  8. #28
    I finally decided to try to get the resto challenge done today and it was quite difficult. The first phase is definitely the hardest by far. I think it took me about 20 tries before I managed to beat the first phase consistently. After that, it was honestly quite easy and I two shotted phases 2-7. I did panic a lot after the first phase, hence why I needed two tries on all of those, but if you know what you're doing you can one shot it.

    I was 889 with legendary belt (Really helps a lot here.) and the shoulders. I used map trinket and mastery stat stick. For talents I used Abundance and Tree of life and then all the usual talents you use for raiding.

    I want to do the balance one next and after that the guardian one, which I'm kinda worries about since people are saying it's quite difficult.

    Good luck to all!

  9. #29
    Just got the Feral one left, been procrastinating it since all my other weapons have more points in them.

    I have to agree, though, the Balance one is pretty easy (hardest part was finding some of those hands, since they spawn near the kitable brother and sometimes in pillars or under the ground). And once I remembered to use lust drums, it went down pretty easily.

    Resto one took a little more effort, and since I don't have any resto legendaries I actually used the moonkin boots that give you the strong/instant Regrowth at 20 stacks (which is kinda useful since you're DPSing a lot in the scenario). Made the DPS gauntlet hallway where you heal the three adds pretty trivial. Also made the NPC wave healing prior to the last phase pretty simple since it instantly tops off an NPC at 20 stacks. But honestly, you could probably do it with generic legendaries, it'll just be a little more difficult.

    I think a common theme I've found for the challenges is the hardest part being the bugs in the encounters. Perhaps I'm more prone to seeing them for some reason, but the Balance challenge was definitely the least buggy since it just involved NPC's being inside the terrain but otherwise still acting normally and targetable. Resto one suffers from the friendly NPC's occasionally doing some rather dumb stuff in P1, the eyes exploding for almost 400mil damage even in the first room, the NPCs in the damage gauntlet spawning adds regardless of them being healed to full in time and disappearing, the dumb LoS issues during the wave healing section, and Jarod refusing to tank the boss in the final phase. Guardian ones I've already vented about a long while ago. Does the Feral one suffer from any annoying bugs before I give it a good try?

  10. #30
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I think a common theme I've found for the challenges is the hardest part being the bugs in the encounters. Perhaps I'm more prone to seeing them for some reason, but the Balance challenge was definitely the least buggy since it just involved NPC's being inside the terrain but otherwise still acting normally and targetable. Resto one suffers from the friendly NPC's occasionally doing some rather dumb stuff in P1, the eyes exploding for almost 400mil damage even in the first room, the NPCs in the damage gauntlet spawning adds regardless of them being healed to full in time and disappearing, the dumb LoS issues during the wave healing section, and Jarod refusing to tank the boss in the final phase. Guardian ones I've already vented about a long while ago. Does the Feral one suffer from any annoying bugs before I give it a good try?
    Hmm, I had about ~40 tries before I managed the feral one. I had multiple times where the small imps that put fire on the ground would do so instantly, but I'm unsure whether thats just me not noticing their health plates when they spawn or an actual bug. Usually it would happen when she teleported away the first time - there I would follow, and no adds would be up/alive and then suddenly fire imp + fire spot on the ground. I'm inclined to say bug, but no idea really as I might just not have noticed it spawning.

  11. #31
    Did Feral today on 9th try and with no Healing/Survivability legendary, couldn't be prouder, really only wish i could have done it earlier, but lost out on a massive head start not having played for 6 months and starting back up in late April.
    Was thinking of doing Guardian next. Anybody know if Thrash bracers and a Stat stick like the Craft boots would be enough to do it at 901?
    Also would Helm + Kil'jaeden be sufficient on Twins?

    EDIT: Mage Tower came up and I finally did the Guardian Druid one at 905 with Boots + Luffa after 70+ tries, now that was intense.
    Last edited by Balticbear; 2017-06-02 at 09:41 PM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Balticbear View Post
    Did Feral today on 9th try and with no Healing/Survivability legendary, couldn't be prouder, really only wish i could have done it earlier, but lost out on a massive head start not having played for 6 months and starting back up in late April.
    Was thinking of doing Guardian next. Anybody know if Thrash bracers and a Stat stick like the Craft boots would be enough to do it at 901?
    Also would Helm + Kil'jaeden be sufficient on Twins?
    Helm would be relatively pointless outside of extra stats, and KJ as well. I mean moonkin one is rather a joke as long as you have decent ilvl. Legendaries shouldn't play a large part. You essentially just run around spaming dots / starfall and pooling some AP for burst on hands. Prydaz isn't bad, otherwise in later phases you need to periodically cast regrowth on yourself.

  13. #33
    Tried a couple times when it came out - gonna go back when I have some ToS gear.

  14. #34
    Took a stab at resto this time around and managed to complete it at 904 using sephuz and prydaz. Talent set-up 1/1/3/3/3/3/3 just because I don't heal too often and that's what I use for mythic +. Have boomy and tank done, probably won't try feral, haven't touched it all expansion. Worst part of the resto challenge is that it's so damn long, and the hardest part comes at like 12 minutes in. That 2nd last phase was also super annoying because I use clique and all mouse-over healing, so I had to bind some heals and get used to that. Boss was easy though, beat it 2nd time I saw him.

  15. #35
    I am sucking it up massively on the Boomy one. At ilvl899 and I am having trouble killing the hands in time while also kiting

  16. #36
    Update for me, I'm now 3/4! Just need Feral and I have no clue how I'm gonna do it

    Quote Originally Posted by Laraley View Post
    I finally decided to try to get the resto challenge done today and it was quite difficult. The first phase is definitely the hardest by far. I think it took me about 20 tries before I managed to beat the first phase consistently. After that, it was honestly quite easy and I two shotted phases 2-7. I did panic a lot after the first phase, hence why I needed two tries on all of those, but if you know what you're doing you can one shot it.

    I was 889 with legendary belt (Really helps a lot here.) and the shoulders. I used map trinket and mastery stat stick. For talents I used Abundance and Tree of life and then all the usual talents you use for raiding.

    I want to do the balance one next and after that the guardian one, which I'm kinda worries about since people are saying it's quite difficult.

    Good luck to all!
    Wow 889? Congrats dude! I actually just tried the healer challenge last night, though I ran at ~909 iLvl (Resto weapon lower than Boomy for sure; really shit Frost relic), using PoE (Balance Boots) and Amanthul's Wisdom (my only Resto legendary). If you happen to have PoE lying around, they're an amazing legendary for this challenge!

    I think it took me around 10 tries (plus a LOT of stupid quick wipes that I don't really bother to count because they were super stupid lol). I think I 3-4 shot the last phase once I realized I had to kite and strategically place the leaps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    I am sucking it up massively on the Boomy one. At ilvl899 and I am having trouble killing the hands in time while also kiting
    I'm assuming you have 4P T19; make sure you MF + SF the hands then throw 2 Starsurges at it. If it's still alive, spam MF until it's dead (Wax and Wane will deal the damage it needs to). These are ALL instant casts, so you should be able to kite no problem! Make sure you save up some AsP for the Hands and use a Weakaura or something that keeps track of their spawn times. Oh and keep in mind every other hand, you can Solar Beam it for extra time!

    I also did make this guide awhile ago, hopefully it will be of some use to you?

    The whole fight is just the following:
    - Having enough DPS to burn Karam before he outruns you
    - Having enough DPS to burn hands before they can cast
    - Being able to stand in the runes before they go off
    Uses the same signature for over a year, just randomly gets infracted for it recently.
    Placeholder signature is placeholder and will hopefully make me finish my shit.
    Oh yeah, I'm a Druid and stuff.
    I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    I am sucking it up massively on the Boomy one. At ilvl899 and I am having trouble killing the hands in time while also kiting
    For the hands, I would interrupt the first and 3rd ones (let the cast almost finish then interrupt), and between dots and making sure starfall was always on him, he always dropped before he could get his 2nd cast off.

    For the 2nd and 4th, I just pooled asp to pop off multiple starsurges+warrior of elune. Generally all of that should be more than enough to kill them before the cast goes off. Having some sort of timer alerting you to when theyre spawning is massively helpful. I failed my first few attempts because I didn't have anything alerting me to the hands, so I didn't know they were even up until they started casting, and by the time I even got in range they were halfway through. Being able to anticipate them properly is a massive help.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    -Snip-
    Thanks for the advice/guide. I'll give it another shot tonight. I can already see where I was making mistakes.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    Thanks for the advice/guide. I'll give it another shot tonight. I can already see where I was making mistakes.
    Happy to help! You really just need to worry about hands, runes, and Karam, and more importantly, when you have a Hand and Rune simultaneously as well as Karam chasing you. It can get a bit hectic when stars align (against you), but just keep a cool head and you'll get through.
    Uses the same signature for over a year, just randomly gets infracted for it recently.
    Placeholder signature is placeholder and will hopefully make me finish my shit.
    Oh yeah, I'm a Druid and stuff.
    I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall.

  20. #40
    I had quite a bit more trouble with Balance than I'd care to admit, but managed it once I had the timings down. Bursting hands was a bit of problem for me but it works if you pool AP for the ones that you can't use Solar beam on.

    Only Feral left and I guess I'm going to do that once the tower comes up again.
    Monk/Main,Druid/Alt, Logs. Meine Gilde rekrutiert. Bei Interesse kontaktiert mich hier, unsere Offiziere in Game oder bewerbt euch direkt auf unserer Website.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •