Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

How's your mage tower coming?

Last time mage tower was up for NA, I completed the last of the challenges for all 4 specs. Was wondering if anyone else has done this as well.

Can't even manage to get a single other spec done. Balance I got done day 1 because the Twins encounter is a massive joke.

Bear: Got like halfway through P1, though I never do it when I'm fully awake (probably my problem, lol). Really worried about post 7.2.5 for Bear since Mark of Ursol is integral to completing this. I'm hoping they nerf the magic damage from Inquisitor a tad (like 20-30%). Cleared it!
    Cat: I'm just not coordinated enough to maximize DPS as cat. Will probably do this after clearing Heroic ToS.
    Resto: Did a few attempts; doesn't seem too hard. Cleared it!
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-06-04 at 09:29 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Have done Resto and Bear. Tried a bit of Feral but am kinda bad at it, so will do that once I had a bit more practice. Not really interested in Moonkin for now.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippyform View Post
    Last time mage tower was up for NA, I completed the last of the challenges for all 4 specs. Was wondering if anyone else has done this as well.
    I did the resto and balance one with ease. Then I did the guardian one relatively easily the 2nd or 3rd time the tower went up in EU (after nerfs). The one I had most trouble with was the feral one simply because I never actually played feral, but I finished that one two days ago.

EDIT: omg is that stardust kitty cool or what?! It's like nyan cat, but much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Egor2765 View Post
    I did the resto and balance one with ease. Then I did the guardian one relatively easily the 2nd or 3rd time the tower went up in EU (after nerfs). The one I had most trouble with was the feral one simply because I never actually played feral, but I finished that one two days ago.

EDIT: omg is that stardust kitty cool or what?! It's like nyan cat, but much better.
    It is the coolest one by far. The pictures of this do not give it justice when your running you leave a trail of stars behind you.

Did all 4 challenges as well,

the first time the mage tower was up I did it only in my main specc (balance) in 5~ trys with ilvl 906~ 40 traits ED and IFE als Legendarys,
    didnt bother with the other challenges until 2 weeks ago when i did feral in 10~ trys with ilvl 910~ 45 Traits Prydaz and Cinidaria as Legendarys,
    the hardest one was the guardian challenge for me, took me 2 days and 85~ trys with ilvl 906~ 37 Traits, Ekowraith and Sephuz as Legendarys,
    Restoration last Saturday with 10~ trys, ilvl 910~ 36 traits, Prydaz and Sephuz as Legendarys.

Overall was it fun even though I was a bit disappointed in the difficulty of the balance druid challenge which was by far the easiest one. None of the challenges didnt even came close to the Proving Grounds wave 30 as balance druid during Mists of Pandaria where i wiped like 16 hours before i could manage to do it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Managed the Balance one with an 895 ilvl, almost had the Resto challenge with the same ilvl. I'm hoping to get the Resto one fairly soon.

I haven't attempted Guardian yet, and I doubt I will get the Feral one unless I manage to somehow massively outgear it.

I've only done Balance and Resto. I will attempt Guardian/Feral once I outgear it, since those are the specs I don't really play and have legendaries/trinkets/relics for.

Got Kruul down to <10% a few times but didn't manage to kill him so far (~904 equiped, Prydaz + Elize's).
    Finally got Luffas as my 6th bear leggo yesterday and the mage tower should be up on EU before reset. This time it's time to do it.

Got the bear challenge with item level 896 (Luffa + Ekowraith) after 12+ hours of tries. Tried my main spec (resto) challenge for about an hour max and then stopped because how frequent I'm getting headaches the past weeks. Now, if people in EU would actually try to build the damn mage tower... *sigh* One day I'll get them all done.

Should have stayed in US region I guess.
    People hated MoP but now many say it is the "Best" expansion. Given enough time, WoD will be the "Best" as well, I dare say.

I decided to try them this week. Hadn't had any interest in them before because I was playing a DH.

Boomy one was an absolute joke. Did it in 4 tries. In comparison Havoc DH one took my about 50 tries and was much harder.

Had about 20 attempts at the bear one but was getting frustrated and dying a lot. Wish I had bracers, they would make the challenge so much easier. At least I have Ekowraith.

Will try the resto and feral ones tonight.

Managed to get Feral done this time around. Bear and Cat done now just need to work on Boomkin and Resto.

I finally got Kruul down this past weekend. After putting in over 100 attempts on previous mage towers, I finally got Elize's this past week, and damn, what a difference those pants made. Kruul just kind of melted the first time I tried it on Friday lol. 902 ilevel, both Thrash legendaries.

Feral's next on the list.

did balance havent tried any others no real interest tbh i don't like the skins except feral

Just a tip for anyone still trying the Bear challenge. I've seen this in videos but haven't seen it posted anywhere. If you pull Variss to Velen, he will get absolutely dominated by Velen's melee attacks. When I finished it the other day Velen did 15M dmg to Variss with just regular melee attacks(Variss only has 35M). Made phase 1 a breeze and I could save all my cds/prepare for phase 2 by killing all the infernals before I pushed into phase 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral done and working on resto

Mage Tower went finally up on EU.
    Got him within 19 trys.

Video + all infos in description! <3
    https://youtu.be/NGJgyihSLL8

Got the Resto challenge completed in about six tries this week. Been MW for a really long time, but been working on a Druid to change mains next tier. I was 903 with Ekowraith and Tearstone (only other option was the Swiftmend bracers). Phase one was actually pretty manageable between pre-HOTing and Bear Affinity/Frenzied Regen. Healing the guys in the second to last phase gave me some troubles, but Drums of Fury and creating a set sequence of healing got me through it. The challenge was substantially easier compared to MW, mostly due to the previously-mentioned pre-HOTs and Frenzied Regeneration.
    Last edited by Ceronn; 2017-05-23 at 02:02 AM.

Deleted
    i looked at videos on youtube before 7.2 went live. Decided all the challenges were too simple.

decided to avoid.

did resto and balance; struggled more with balance but its weapon is kinda underdeveloped so that hurt me

I really want the feral appearance but I'm terrible at feral, so I guess i'll just leave that one until tomb gear makes it a faceroll