Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No idea why but the resto one is giving me extreme frustration, i must be sucking real balls on this as i think i have over 4000 shards spent here already!! And i dont have bad gear 910, 4 set bonus, i have belt, hands, wrists, and tranq boots, and chest. Dont have shoulders, velens or prydaz.

Also im a troll so i had some difficulty to manage and get phase 1 sorted since i used typhoon to interupt.

I also struggled for some reason then again with healing the 3 adds coming to the boss, for the first wave i placed my effflo on my team double hot them up and then for me whats frustrating is clicking the adds as they come out and it takes awhile before you can actually cast something, also i am not good with mouse over macro so i physically have to click and heal which makes me loose alot of time healing. Since my first wave i use prolonged power, wg one targeted add and then tranq.
    This heals all 3 quickly since i use my tranq boots. for the 2nd wave i pop my drums and tree form, but here i battle do i focus one add and spam regrowth or will i double rejuv each and then start spamming regrowth i sometimes loose 1 here then the 2nd group i sometimes totally screw up, not being to able to heal them up quick due the click and heal...its not like the npc pop up on my vuhdo addon which will make it much easier ofcourse.

Then i have gotton to the last phase probably 4 times but man i screw up so much here, trying to balance out not to be to low cause he jumps so quick on you and i might die and running out of the pool. I am so frustrated with this achievment, i might come back when i just over gear it but then its so trivial and not achievement imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    My Variss just casts spells in melee range of the boss and his damage doesn't show up on Details. Has this been fixed? Also this puts him into the purple which makes it harder to get aggro on the Nether adds (wiped a few times to them killing Variss)
    It might have been fixed. It has been about two weeks since I've done it.

I was attempting it last night as long as varis is in melee range of velen he seems to alternate between meleeing and casting on the boss and he was indeed wrecking face for me so its not fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Happy to help! You really just need to worry about hands, runes, and Karam, and more importantly, when you have a Hand and Rune simultaneously as well as Karam chasing you. It can get a bit hectic when stars align (against you), but just keep a cool head and you'll get through.
    After about 4 or 5 tries I got it done yesterday. Thanks again for the tips!

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't really tried it too much yet. I'm not terribly well-geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    After about 4 or 5 tries I got it done yesterday. Thanks again for the tips!
    Glad to help! Good luck on the others
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I lack the skill (item level) to complete any. Maybe when tos is out I can get the skill I need to beat those.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I lack the skill (item level) to complete any. Maybe when tos is out I can get the skill I need to beat those.
    You can probably do Balance with 880, as long as you at least have 4P (purely for the hands).

Once 7.2.5 drops, you shouldn't need the 4P (since Starsurge's damage will be buffed by 11%), and having it will just be overkill.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

You can probably do Balance with 880, as long as you at least have 4P (purely for the hands).
    I doubt it, to be honest. I did it on my 890 alt (with 4pc) and it was really tough to beat the DPS check on the hands. For lower item levels extra traits make a big difference too. All the ones that buff lunar strike help a lot. You'll want to make sure you have some stacks of empowered lunar strikes and save WoE just for hands when solar beam is on cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by nlc View Post
    I doubt it, to be honest. I did it on my 890 alt (with 4pc) and it was really tough to beat the DPS check on the hands. For lower item levels extra traits make a big difference too. All the ones that buff lunar strike help a lot. You'll want to make sure you have some stacks of empowered lunar strikes and save WoE just for hands when solar beam is on cooldown.
    If they make the Mage Tower challenge accessible after you beat it (hopefully they are with 7.2.5), I will try to do it with a much lower iLvl (though I can't do much about my weapon being higher). Every other hand, you can easily beat with Solar Beam. The ones you can't, hold some of that AsP for it.

Absolute worst comes to worst, you can cheese it a bit with Promise of Elune + Barkskin and heal up the damage from every other hand that you can't manage to kill before a cast.

Regardless though, the Twins are the most accessible challenge regarding iLvl and Trait requirements. You don't need to be in the upper 900s or even 910s to get it with relative ease, same with traits. I only had just gotten Wax and Wane when the Mage Tower was up for the first time, people going in with 890-900, 4P, and Concordance (or close to it) should have absolutely no trouble outside of a few pulls to understand the fight.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-06-04 at 06:14 PM.

If they make the Mage Tower challenge accessible after you beat it (hopefully they are with 7.2.5), I will try to do it with a much lower iLvl (though I can't do much about my weapon being higher). Every other hand, you can easily beat with Solar Beam. The ones you can't, hold some of that AsP for it.

Absolute worst comes to worst, you can cheese it a bit with Promise of Elune + Barkskin and heal up the damage from every other hand that you can't manage to kill before a cast.

Regardless though, the Twins are the most accessible challenge regarding iLvl and Trait requirements. You don't need to be in the upper 900s or even 910s to get it with relative ease, same with traits. I only had just gotten Wax and Wane when the Mage Tower was up for the first time, people going in with 890-900, 4P, and Concordance (or close to it) should have absolutely no trouble outside of a few pulls to understand the fight.

idk. You can feel free to try it (Though like you said - weapon matters), but the first few times I tried, was @ 885. I either had just gotten wax/wane, or I was just short of it(Don't remember), and my only legs were IFE and PoE. Even with barkskin and guard aff, I wasn't able to survive a single hit from hands, (it usually overkilled me by around 700k) and even with pooled AP, and WoE, I couldn't reliably get hands down pre-cast (without beam), without a lot of lucky crits. I finally gave up until I got better gear, because I had to rely on lucky crits way too much to get past the dps checks. Once I tried it around 900 after I got OI, it was much easier. I 3 shot it then - really 1, but the first death I disengaged off the world (oops), and the 2nd he teleported.

Doing it with a better pool of legs, and/or better weapon would make it a lot easier, but for new characters or alts, doing it so low is asking a lot.

At last did it saturday in 3 attempts i was amazed....

I may try the Feral one this weekend (only have Boomy so far). Only really play Feral in PvP this xpac so it'll probably be tough, but my legs aren't too bad I don't think (KJ and Luffa). It'll probably take a bunch of tries though. Bear would be next after that, but I am pretty sure I lack the gear for it. At ilvl898ish for Bear and no outstanding tanking trinkets.

Deleted
    You don't really want or need tanking trinkets for the bear one. Fang of Tichondrius is nice to have but I wouldn't really consider it a "tank trinket", since it is kinda useless for anything other than the tank challenge.

what are the hands called. I'd like to see if I can make a target macro for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolban View Post
    what are the hands called. I'd like to see if I can make a target macro for them.
    They are called 'hand from beyond' but they do have their own boss frame. So you can click that instead of trying to find it in the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by nlc View Post
    They are called 'hand from beyond' but they do have their own boss frame. So you can click that instead of trying to find it in the mess.
    Yeah finding it 'in the mess' seems to be the most challenging part and losing where Karam is has been giving me fits. He has been very buggy dipping in and out of the floor and killing me when he's really isn't very close. I've been putting the orange RM on his head to track him. I get to the last phase fairly easily just need to tighten it up. I would also like to ask blizz to please let my OI and Whispers proc more please/thankyou.

10+ Year Old Account
    I FUCKING DID IT. GOD. FINALLY. SHIT. FUCK. SHIIIIT FUCK

Ahem. This was by and far the most difficult thing I've ever done in WoW. Did it at ilevel 899 with KJ trinket and Luffa's. Took me like...60-70 pulls? Definitely recommend waiting until like...I dunno, 905-910+.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolban View Post
    Yeah finding it 'in the mess' seems to be the most challenging part and losing where Karam is has been giving me fits. He has been very buggy dipping in and out of the floor and killing me when he's really isn't very close. I've been putting the orange RM on his head to track him. I get to the last phase fairly easily just need to tighten it up. I would also like to ask blizz to please let my OI and Whispers proc more please/thankyou.
    When I did the brothers on my Hunter, at the beginning of the fight I marked each brother with a raid icon, that way if I ever lost track of one of them, I could just look for the icon. also I set the chasing brother to focus, for easy targeting (and it gave me something to do while they were all talking.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Tank npc and boss literally double KO'd each other but I got the Resto challenge down. Now all that's left is Feral. It seems pretty tough, you have to keep track of bleeds on boss, dmg the adds, watch the pools, CC the adds running to her, interrupt heals, burst barrier, interrupt boss, it's a headache.