Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    If you jump just as he jumps, you won't get slowed and you will take extremely small amounts of damage from the fire as you get out of it.
    Okay I'll try that the next time the Mage Tower becomes active. I hadn't even thought of jumping previously; thanks for the tip!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3v3n7uRa View Post
    Okay I'll try that the next time the Mage Tower becomes active. I hadn't even thought of jumping previously; thanks for the tip!
    Good luck, my friend! You can definitely get it done.

I think I will just do this way later in the exp, a long with brawlers..Will be much easier with item 940 or what do I know.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I think I will just do this way later in the exp, a long with brawlers..Will be much easier with item 940 or what do I know.
    No u wont, if ur bad and u cant do it at 900 ilvl ur still gonna be bad at 940 ilvl, u dont deserve the skin

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    No u wont, if ur bad and u cant do it at 900 ilvl ur still gonna be bad at 940 ilvl, u dont deserve the skin
    Then its good Im not...Why the trollish comment? Also do you even understand the difference between 900 or 950? Stats jumps are so insanely huge now.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Then its good Im not...Why the trollish comment? Also do you even understand the difference between 900 or 950? Stats jumps are so insanely huge now.
    do it when its hard if u wanna be cool and flaunt the skin not when its nerfed as fk, its annoying cuz ppl put in hard work 300+ attempts and ur gonna get it in 10 attempts at 950 ilvl? hope they remove it or buff the challenge when the next patch comes so lil dicks like u never get it

Edit: infracted -- please be courteous to other users.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2017-07-09 at 11:50 AM.

do it when its hard if u wanna be cool and flaunt the skin not when its nerfed as fk, its annoying cuz ppl put in hard work 300+ attempts and ur gonna get it in 10 attempts at 950 ilvl? hope they remove it or buff the challenge when the next patch comes so lil dicks like u never get it
    Why are you so angry over a cosmetic skin? If you see a guy with a harambear skin do you honestly yank your dick out and start jacking off because you have never seen someone so good at the game?

Mate, calm down. Im a old timer, raided actively from vanilla (5 bosses in naxx40. have battlemaster and 40 exalted on good "elitist dates") to MOP (Scored a 100 kill on deathwing) - Now I just dont care about such silly things anymore....I just do it when it makes sense.

Oh, and if they we're to buff it I would just go and work on it, but they likely won't.

Woop, I got the Resto challenge done, next in line will be Balance, probably!

Also Djuntas, you shouldn't really try Brawler's later on, it's all fairly doable for like 880-890 people, if you have 900 right now you're overgearing it by a mile. Besides the challenges are actually tuned for ToS gear level, so something like 910. I did it with 913-ish, and I'm not a super pro player either, so I'm sure you can do it soon. ^^

How hard is the Guardian challenge supposed to be?

I finally got it done at 907 with roughly 30 attempts, but those were the most excruciating 30 attempts of anything I've ever done. Maybe I just don't know how to play the spec, but I was definitely getting frustrated with being low health, while gathering mobs, while moonfiring the eyes, while dodging the slams, while trying to kite, I think you get the picture.

That was definitely a lot harder than I thought it would be, videos look way too easy. I can't imagine not doing it without Luffa's.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    Good luck, my friend! You can definitely get it done.
    Took your advice and got it done in less than 10 attempts today (~50 attempts total). That's 4/4 challenges done for me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Woop, I got the Resto challenge done, next in line will be Balance, probably!

Also Djuntas, you shouldn't really try Brawler's later on, it's all fairly doable for like 880-890 people, if you have 900 right now you're overgearing it by a mile. Besides the challenges are actually tuned for ToS gear level, so something like 910. I did it with 913-ish, and I'm not a super pro player either, so I'm sure you can do it soon. ^^
    Worked more on the resto one today and was consistently getting to the 2nd to last/last phase. Main problem I was having in 2nd to last was the LOS issues as the waves are starting up. Wish there was an easier way to target them.

Is there any way to quickly get out of the leaps in the last phase? That seemed to be doing a ton of damage, including to the group which I wasn't sure if it was intended or not.

I tried balance twice as it is my off-spec, although I play maybe 5% of the time. Was doing fine kiting, but bursting the hands was my stumbling block. Any suggestions there? Do I need to have full moon built up for them?

908 ilvl now, but working more on N/H ToS. I also only have 2 piece t19 H (have a 3rd, but waiting until 4 piece if it would drop...). No T20 yet.

Resto challenge mode SPIRITS.

Properity really helps healing spirits, seriously, i have a hard time healing them, meanly cause I use clique + grid, and im not used to target heal anymore. Kind sucks you need to target them in the air too see their health, healing without raid frame sucks balls.

build: 1,2,3,3,3,3,1 -> OoC is by far the best 100 talent in my opinion.

Drums + Prolonged Power

1st - Heal 3 of them, 1LB one, reju other, reju other, WG + Essence of Ghanir, swiftmend will do the rest.
    2nd - Heal 3 of them, 3 reju + WG + Tranq.
    3rd - Heal 2 or 1, it really depends on you gear, to be safe, heal 1.
    4rd - if you heal just 1, heal another.

You can try 2/3/2/1. 2 or 1 mobs on 2nd phase is not a problem. 3 even 4 depends on what mobs you get. 5+ you will probably wipe.

REMEMBER, letting just 1 mob to save on last wave is gold, the other 2 will be saved as soon as you heal the 8th to full.

Tried like 15 - 20 times until get it, HARDEST part by far was healing npcs for me. It sucks not to be able to heal them in your raid frame. you just see their hp when you target them and you you need to find a good camera angle to be able to see the 3 of them. Wipe likes 10 time on 1st wave P1 between attempts, but that was fine. Take like 15 mins to reach boss, and wipe for npc healing was the most time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by freernnur5 View Post
    Worked more on the resto one today and was consistently getting to the 2nd to last/last phase. Main problem I was having in 2nd to last was the LOS issues as the waves are starting up. Wish there was an easier way to target them.

Is there any way to quickly get out of the leaps in the last phase? That seemed to be doing a ton of damage, including to the group which I wasn't sure if it was intended or not.

I tried balance twice as it is my off-spec, although I play maybe 5% of the time. Was doing fine kiting, but bursting the hands was my stumbling block. Any suggestions there? Do I need to have full moon built up for them?

908 ilvl now, but working more on N/H ToS. I also only have 2 piece t19 H (have a 3rd, but waiting until 4 piece if it would drop...). No T20 yet.
    I cannot say much for Balance since I haven't done it yet, but I suppose the Balance guide might have some good pointers?

I'm a filthy clicker, so I didn't have much problem with targetting them - timing was more of my issue (I kept waiting until they came out of the walls), so getting the timing on that was the key for me. Seemed like they take 4ish seconds until they can be healed?

For the last waves, I'd also try to learn the timing of the leaps. I got to the last phase three times and on my third, I beat it. Already then it was sort of my muscle memory. Otherwise, I'd use Displacer Beast to get out. You might find Renewal useful as well for the last phase, as a panic mode.
    You said the leaps were doing a lot of damage to your allies too? That is unintended, the green goo only deal damage to you, maybe you were thinking of the debuff you get? This one explodes and deals damage to your group for the HP you have (so I suppose with lots of health, overgearing or smth, you could one-shot them?). Might be %-based.

Also using bear form is a good way to survive and getting out of the green stuff. Your allies really shouldn't take a lot of damage in that phase, keeping two rejuvs on each and wild growthing after the debuff expires was enough. Keep lifebloom on Jarod since he's the only one taking consistent damage. I'd save swiftmend for myself if I got caught out of position. Also try to keep two dots on the boss as well, Wrath if you can - any little bit of damage helps! I didn't even end up dying, I've found a lot of lesser geared players killed the boss while dead and the group finished them off (none of the green goo damages them, and no debuff is applied to any of them so there's only damage going out on Jarod then). If you think you're going to die though, make sure you get all your HoTs off on Jarod, he will be able to tank around 10-20% of the boss's health on his own, depending on how long your HoTs last for.

Also, for second to last phase (I found this the hardest anyway), knowing your rotations and cooldown usage is key. Definitely use drums. I also went Tree of Life for that, since mana is not an issue and I can just spam Regrowths. The cooldown orders others have shown also worked for me. If you find yourself lacking, try to get definitely two at least in first two rounds, then topping the third wave off with Tranq, and focusing heavily on one last add in the fourth wave. You'll have two adds left to deal with - should be easy! You can choose which add to keep alive. I don't remember if I topped all off or left two alive, but on my tries where adds were alive, I left the warriors alive. They're the easiest IMO! So choose whichever are easier for you.

I don't think T19 4piece is very useful there, but 2piece definitely helps loads. T20 set bonuses might be better for faster Swiftmends. It's mostly the gear IMO - especially legendaries. Sadly I got my Velen's after I did the challenge.

Deleted
    I tried to pool enough AP for 2 starsurges and have full moon ready which wasn't too hard once i understood the timings for the 2nd one. First/third i beam and killed with a starsurge and dots. 4th was usually during bloodlust so it wasn't really too much of a problem. My biggest breakthrough came when i realised i could just farm Raest hard in his 2nd active phase and just flat out kill him before the second hand of that phase.
    For the two in that phase, the first one i put dots on and starsurged once, let the cast go off with barkskin up and swiftmended myself, because it was survivable at 904 with 51 traits, only just though. This gave me far more dps time on Raest. The second one i beamed near the end of its cast and that time left over was enough to just burn him down.

The biggest trap with that fight seems to be focusing the hands too hard because they are actually ignorable to some extent. It's scary as fuck because you will be REALLY low after it goes off, and you cant get hit by anything else, but it's definitely worth it. Just need to strap on an extra large pair of cajones and take the massive damage.

Hope some of that works for you, good luck!

only need the cat but kinda cba cause i dont wanna play that at any point anyways. also got all 3 on my main warlock
    Last edited by Arcrin; 2017-07-16 at 03:27 AM.

Haven't gotten the resto one because the last portion of the fight where you have to heal the adds is freaking hard for someone who doesn't play resto much.

Balance was cake. Used Sephuz and Eko because I don't play balance. Took 4 tries.

Feral was difficult. The clincher was using mass entanglement on the hallway adds in phase 2. She melted with no heals. Used Eko and Sephuz in this one too. Took around 50 tries.

Guardian was next to impossible. Once I was able to reliably get to phase 2, it was a matter of holding out until incarnation was off cooldown. Popping that and RotS (and potion / drums) made Kruul's hp get deleted. Used Sephuz and Eko here too. Took 100-120 tries over the course of a couple weeks.

Feel free to ignore an add for each end wave, they'll come back before the final boss but it'll just be like one wave of p1

I just joined last night the werebear party. Gonna share my strategy.

I was 918 with 4xT20 and unstable + agi/mastery stick.
    I ran 1-1-1-1-2-2-1 and wrists+feet.

In P1 i popped Incarnation+Rots.
    On first wave of adds, incarnation is still up so easy peasy.
    On 2nd wave of adds I used incap roar and dpsed down. Some tries I needed to use a orb also.
    On 3rd wave, I had RotS off cooldown 3-4 sec after the adds spawned.
    After this 3rd wave, boss was down in max 20-30 sec.
    Through P1 I allways used 1 mangle and 1 one or two mauls whenever I went in to interupt.

So P2 starts with 1min cd on both Incarnation and RotS.
    For first Anihilate I just frenzied.
    On 2nd Anihilate I used Mighty Bash.
    I used an orb for the adds to die or to heal myself.
    On 3rd Anihilate, Survival Instincts.
    Now, 1 minute has passed and I could Hero+Incarnation+RotS and spammed the hell out of trash while using remaining orbs and incap to kill them all.

All fight took a little over 4 minutes and I finished with 900k dps.
    It took 10 tries but totally, throughout past months I had like 30 tries.
    The biggest game changer for me was figuring out how best to do P2 and adding a sound to the weak aura for Krull's interupt.

It was a very fun experience and I wished I spent more time on it because I am certain I would have killed it long time ago.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had the feral one since Week 1 so haven't really looked back on the others since all i wanted was the achievement and for all the skins i find Feral the coolest of them.
    But yea, being a main Guardian i guess it was about time.
    3-shot it... Using Eko+Luffa, going 1-3-1-1-3-1-1 spec.
    Earthwarden was a nice way to reduce the incoming melee damage from Kruul and you barely mangle in P1 anyway so a talent that's only used in half the fight was a bit of a waste imo, hence Earthwarden. GG was obvious as it keeps a more steady rage regen for the duration of the fight and you aren't relying completely on Incarnation for damage. Moonfire hits rather darn hard at this stage and that means i have both swipe, thrash and moonfire to deal damage in P1, which then took very little time. Eyes also melt and even the infernals are easy to pick off when needed.

Using DMC and a 915 Chrono Shard - added movement speed was a nice touch.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?