Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just killed kruul, the last one I needed.

Balance - 15~ wipes
    Resto - 30~ wipes
    Feral - 90 wipes
    Bear - 90 wipes

22500 shards, tons of pots, flasks, drums, and time spent on the tower challenges. Overall, I really enjoyed this content, even if it seemed a little worse than unforgiving at times. Feral one was probably my fav, even though I main balance. Least fav was probably guardian (those infernals ><).

Resto was also a pain in the ass just because it takes 15~ min to make it to the last phase. Guardian affinity (frenzied regen) made phase 1 a cake walk, though, cause you can very easily just face tank the melee guys once your party is hotted up.

I really like all the appearances, but my favorite appearance would definitely be the cat, too. I didn't even know it leaves a sparkly blue trail until I got it.
    Last edited by Profound; 2017-08-01 at 04:10 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Update on guardian:

So, after about of 80 wipes with ilvl 903-905 and without OP legendaries and getting one shot by the 5th-6th annihilation, I decided to give up and return to my casual hell of dailies.

4 Thundertotem dailies = one big empty box... but oh, I got the bonus box from exalted waiting... open it... Luffa pops. I start crying with laughter but decide to finish my PvP quest in Stormheim since I'm out and about... complete it, an 895 thrash relic drops (which meant I had now 3 thrash relics and Luffa) I can't believe it... 3 thrash relics + luffa, the dream.

Went back to the mage tower, changed talents (got Incarnation instead of GG) and I died to infernal in phase 1 hahaha... ok, take two:

and just for the LOLs

I went from perfect execution with very long attempts to sub 5 minutes running around spamming one button and winning.

They need to nerf something here.

Decided to try the guardian challenge today for the first time. Tried like 17 times, made to second phase once. Still did not get the hang of phase one, controlling everything that comes up. Nether horrors are what usually kill me.
    Ilvl 902, with luffa and 2 thrash relics.... Think I just need to get good I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Decided to try the guardian challenge today for the first time. Tried like 17 times, made to second phase once. Still did not get the hang of phase one, controlling everything that comes up. Nether horrors are what usually kill me.
    Ilvl 902, with luffa and 2 thrash relics.... Think I just need to get good I guess.
    Granted I'm not the best druid tank out there, but I did manage a strategy to get through p1 relatively consistently:

Standard talents except Incarn instead of GG. SotA and Eko as leggos. Agi flask and bear tartare as buffs.

Pop incarn on pull and spam thrash on the edge of the goop. Moonfire each eye that pops up once, that will kill them. Staying on top of this is important so that you don't get overwhelmed by both infernals and the eyes. Pop rage of the sleeper on the first pack of nether horrors and every pack you can when it's up without grabbing the orb. You want to save as many as you can for phase two when it gets really hectic.

When you do need to grab the orb to deal with the nether horros, don't do it immediately. Get a thrash or two in and wait for them to begin their cast into channel sequence, then grab the orb. This ensures that they will die without channeling. I was having some issues where I would immediately grab the orb after they clumped up and one or two would still manage to channel. Maybe with luffas this won't be an issue.

Whenever you don't have to deal with nether horrors you should be spamming swipe and thrash on the edge of the goop. You want to stay at 3 stacks or below at all times. If you have no stacks of the debuff you can charge in and mangle and run back out real quick. Same with when you need to interrupt.

The key in this phase is to constantly dump damage into the boss when there's nothing else to deal with.

Also, incapacitating roar is very strong in this encounter. It can be used to interrupt the boss from a distance, and can also completely negate a pack of nether horrors once they start channeling. They won't recast the channel once interrupted.

Save your second use of incarn, pot, and drums for when p2 starts, which for me was about 3.5 min into the fight. Once in p2, position yourself so that you can easily access an orb when nether horrors need to be dealt with or when you take huge damage from nether stomp.
    Last edited by Profound; 2017-08-02 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Profound View Post
    Granted I'm not the best druid tank out there, but I did manage a strategy to get through p1 relatively consistently:

Standard talents except Incarn instead of GG. SotA and Eko as leggos. Agi flask and bear tartare as buffs.

Pop incarn on pull and spam thrash on the edge of the goop. Moonfire each eye that pops up once, that will kill them. Staying on top of this is important so that you don't get overwhelmed by both infernals and the eyes. Pop rage of the sleeper on the first pack of nether horrors and every pack you can when it's up without grabbing the orb. You want to save as many as you can for phase two when it gets really hectic.

When you do need to grab the orb to deal with the nether horros, don't do it immediately. Get a thrash or two in and wait for them to begin their cast into channel sequence, then grab the orb. This ensures that they will die without channeling. I was having some issues where I would immediately grab the orb after they clumped up and one or two would still manage to channel. Maybe with luffas this won't be an issue.

Whenever you don't have to deal with nether horrors you should be spamming swipe and thrash on the edge of the goop. You want to stay at 3 stacks or below at all times. If you have no stacks of the debuff you can charge in and mangle and run back out real quick. Same with when you need to interrupt.

The key in this phase is to constantly dump damage into the boss when there's nothing else to deal with.

Also, incapacitating roar is very strong in this encounter. It can be used to interrupt the boss from a distance, and can also completely negate a pack of nether horrors once they start channeling. They won't recast the channel once interrupted.

Save your second use of incarn, pot, and drums for when p2 starts, which for me was about 3.5 min into the fight. Once in p2, position yourself so that you can easily access an orb when nether horrors need to be dealt with or when you take huge damage from nether stomp.
    Thank you for the reply. Will try the tips and post back.

Deleted
    4/4 done, puh that was intense, agatha died then i died a sec later, my dbm even told me i wiped lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried balance challenge for the first time today. 2shot it. Would have been one shot but had no sound on so missed warnings for the runes on the floor
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Just got resto done this last tower.
    In P1 had like 10 wipes because of that mana arrow on the last set of adds. Just hate that damn arcane caster.
    After I had passed P1, i oneshotted the whole encounter, very easy. Especially the very last phase. Only thing I found that I could've improved if I hadn't killed it 1st try, I would put the fel stuff closer togther since I died at ~10% boss health from lack of room. Lucky for me, I anticipated my death so I full hotted and flourished the tank before my demise so they finished up the encounter for me.

Now comes the hard part for me, freaking feral.
    I just hate that spec so much. Never played it more than a few weeks and mostly in PVP.
    Need to make some WA for tracking stuff since my Tiger Fury uptime is really low and that leads to all my problems.
    Hopefully next mage tower I can close the chapter on my druid.

Guardian was significantly harder than Balance. Working on Feral next when the tower is up again. Not sure when I'll try Resto. I have no experience with the spec, so I may just wait until Argus gear. Idk yet.

Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    Just got resto done this last tower.
    In P1 had like 10 wipes because of that mana arrow on the last set of adds. Just hate that damn arcane caster.
    After I had passed P1, i oneshotted the whole encounter, very easy. Especially the very last phase. Only thing I found that I could've improved if I hadn't killed it 1st try, I would put the fel stuff closer togther since I died at ~10% boss health from lack of room. Lucky for me, I anticipated my death so I full hotted and flourished the tank before my demise so they finished up the encounter for me.

Now comes the hard part for me, freaking feral.
    I just hate that spec so much. Never played it more than a few weeks and mostly in PVP.
    Need to make some WA for tracking stuff since my Tiger Fury uptime is really low and that leads to all my problems.
    Hopefully next mage tower I can close the chapter on my druid.
    In case you want a recommendation, I really like this WA group for feral: https://wago.io/N1yp5uR0z

Deleted
    Would really love to see these things repeatable for fun, even if they do cost shards. Would be interesting to see how faceroll you can make some of them with crazy gear, and equally interesting to see just how low you can go gearwise and manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by mintilol View Post
    Would really love to see these things repeatable for fun, even if they do cost shards. Would be interesting to see how faceroll you can make some of them with crazy gear, and equally interesting to see just how low you can go gearwise and manage it.
    I two shot the healer "challenge" with an item level of 920 a couple days ago. So yeah, it's pretty faceroll even now. Last phase was a bit messy (after all I didn't get much chance to practice ), and in phase 1 I still had to play relatively good, but the phases in between were completely trivial.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    I two shot the healer "challenge" with an item level of 920 a couple days ago. So yeah, it's pretty faceroll even now. Last phase was a bit messy (after all I didn't get much chance to practice ), and in phase 1 I still had to play relatively good, but the phases in between were completely trivial.
    Yeah the healing one is the easiest overall but it can be painful when you have no gear or trinkets for it. I did it at 903 with DPS trinkets (lol). The road block for low gear is the spirits phase. Even tranquility with rejuv, drums and WG up wasn't able to heal a full set of 3.

For low level people struggling on the spirits: focus only 2 spirits per wave. If you do it right, you end up with 3 adds (1x3 waves) which is mabageable if you can end phase 1 consistently.

I had 3 wipes at 1-3% last week. Today I did it on my second attempt (still died on last phase but boss was at 5% and the dummies finished it for me.

Finally I'm 4/4 with sub 905 gear for most of them. Very challenging indeed, much fun.

Kruul done on alt druid 894 ilvl, concordance, fury of nature, balance boots. Fury of nature really makes p1 a joke regardless of gear. I was getting it done consistently last tower with 870 ilvl but didn't have the damage for P2. With 894 I killed it just after 4th annihilate.

Well, quick follow up. I'm doing way better, consistently going to p2. Now learning Krull... die on stomps pretty much. Will get there, just not as fast as the guy up here.

Funny thing started happening: I started to save incarnation for p2, as using it on P1 would take me to p2 with almost 1,5min on its cd. Well, need to learn how to dance around Kruul now. Thanks again for the tips everyone.

Did Guardian one last week. 905 ilvl, no Luffa's or Ekowraith's. My legendaries are shit so I used Archimonde's Hatred Reborn and Sephuz. Was a nice challenge! Not happy with how imbalanced some legendaries are, making this fight a joke and such but I guess that's always going to be a problem.

Got him =)
    903 ilvl, luffa, 40-50 attempts.

Ty for the tips!

Did the tank challenge yesterday, and boy was it a clusterfuck. I'm not really playing as tank, so I have no tanking legendaries (at least I have Eko) and only 1 Trash relic, but since I have an item level of 920 (artifact: 921) I didn't expect it to go that bad - it took me around 100 tries. The first couple tries were really funny, with me dying after 20 or 30 seconds Took me a bit to figure out where I have to stand to hit Variss without getting the debuff.
    I was kind of overwhelmed by the amount of coordination with near perfect encounter execution it took, in combination with the RNG. Because of the latter I have the feeling that I didn't beat it by skill, but because I got a lucky try, which diminishes the feeling of accomplishment quite a bit.

Guardian. I'm about 905 gear, with SotA/LatC legs. Should I go GG or Incarnation when I have LatC? I also have the BoE legendary feets which boost run speed when killing mobs.
    I only have 1 trash relic, should I just wait for more, or can I do it at this level? I also have t20 4set.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Guardian. I'm about 905 gear, with SotA/LatC legs. Should I go GG or Incarnation when I have LatC? I also have the BoE legendary feets which boost run speed when killing mobs.
    I only have 1 trash relic, should I just wait for more, or can I do it at this level? I also have t20 4set.
    GG is better without luffa. At your ilvl it will be a struggle. I had 79 attempts at 903 without luffa or the chest and kept dying to lack of damage on phase 2. I suggest you wait for higher ilvl or luffa. It's a game changer at that level.

To speed through phase one, take typhoon and knock back the inquisitor into Velen. Velen was the only reason I was getting through phase 1 without more than 3 infernals, his melee did about 8-10 million every attempt.

For phase two, wait for the boss to cast the first annihalete on the night elf npc if you're still dealing with the caster adds or something. It allowed me to last longer on phase 2. You can't go into it without both stacks of survival instincts and all other cool downs, practice how to stagger your cds for annihalte.

In short, and this ilvl all you can do is get some practice and then when you have the gear or legendaries, it will become a joke.
    Last edited by Nivram; 2017-08-26 at 10:32 AM.