Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Again, the actual Nazis would have been called ''communists'' by the MAGA-boys since they did not checked all the boxes in the ''stuff to hate'' (they hated Jews and liberals and women not breeding Aryan babies and Blacks, but they loved Arabs and national parks as well as public healthcare). No one in the entire world can be right enough for MAGA-boys.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I dislike if someone eats my strudel but i HATE if it he ate it up COMPLETELY without SHARING!

That is literally the difference. Dislike something general, but hate a detail.
    It's not true hate and that's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Your post is hilarious. Get some self-awareness.
    Where did you buy yours at? I can't seem to find any near me.

To the posts above; You are turning this discussion into the correct, or incorrect wording and use of the english language to deflect the true purpose of this article. Stop hiding behind your veil of verbs and nouns to read the post and discuss openly.

We don't care if you do, or don't believe what "Hate actually falls under", or any other misleading jargon.
    Revelation 21:6 - I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.

Again, the edgelords seem to be, what, surprised that the Koran have violent passages and they think it's a revelation for the world ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev21Sihx View Post
    Your posts are incredibly toxic. Reading them makes me cringe and I'm not even a right-winger.

And to the bit about freedom of the press, he was a reporter. It falls under that jurisdiction for scrutiny.
    If any of you would read the entire post before shouting "IT ISN'T FREEDOM OF SPEECH DUMBASSES OMG" Maybe you'd learn something.

This type of action against a reporter is disgusting and against our principles and morals as a nation.
    If you say something on an open campus platform you can absolutely be recorded because that is what our soldiers die for.

Just like you can burn our flag and have pro-muslim protests because our soldiers died for you to do that.

He should not have been fired, 100%. This is a very slippery slope we are going down.

*EDIT* Corrected syntax
    private organization fires a guy

"what are we as a country coming to!?"

ok, clam your tits.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Oh, dislike. Well. Even if you just dislike people only because they have other skin colors or religions makes you a racist.

- - - Updated - - -

No, but thanks nevertheless.

It was more about the question if you have developed stereotypes based on visual attributes, other languages and religions.

As like against Muslims, you know?
    As much as a waste of time as it is, i'll explain my feelings about what I do and don't "like"

I believe in diversity of ethnicity, beliefs, opinions, and to a extent, culture.

I don't believe in diversity of values.

We have non-negotiable values. Freedom of speech, to be gay and not thrown from rooftops, for women to go to school and wear what they want without being beaten to death, to be atheist and not be stoned to death.

The most important...the value of life. We value life, I'd prefer if we didn't import people from places where they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    private organization fires a guy

"what are we as a country coming to!?"

ok, clam your tits.

It's more than that. Did you read the full article?

They used his recording and posted it on a right wing site without his permission (Which isn't a crime) thus causing him to get fired.

So. He was fired for a right wing site having any affiliation with his college.

When he's a reporter. That posted news. Like any reporter does. With no malice, or love for either side.

And it just so happened it was ran by a right wing site that took his video.
    Until then it was fine that he posted it to his twitter.

To fire him for "endangering a student because of their beliefs" is completely a restriction in transparent press.
    This is our news. News is supposed to be inform people - educate them, without bias, by running these stories.

Are you truly not worried at all by this shutdown of the press? If you are left, or right it is okay to not like something your party does.

You don't have to keep your mouth firmly planted on their cheeks just to continue being in your party.

You can disagree with your party, it won't kill you.
    Last edited by Rev21Sihx; 2017-05-16 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right, you hate liberals. Leftists are, by current definition, liberals. You also hate the fact that our judiciary can check the other branches of our government.
    I'm all for checks and balances, I'm not for the judiciary legislating from the bench.

- - - Updated - - -

Eventually? I wouldn't be surprised. It's basic statistics(you know, that subject you "aced").
    I did actually, im glad you remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Simply investigate all the many ways you might be wrong.
    Awesome. Let me know when you start doing it and we can do it together and spot each other.

Oh man, I'm stoked! We will be awareness buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I love Nixx to death, but I feel the left could openly start executing people and he would find a way to handwave it.

"people die everyday, whats special about this?"
    To be fair, left and right both would probably find a way to do that.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe in diversity of ethnicity, beliefs, opinions, and to a extent, culture.

I don't believe in diversity of values.

We have non-negotiable values. Freedom of speech, to be gay and not thrown from rooftops, for women to go to school and wear what they want without being beaten to death, to be atheist and not be stoned to death.
    As well said as I've ever seen it written. 100% agree, and I'm a center-Leftie. We may be Left, Center, and Right, but Americans (that deserve to be called American) would all agree that we are in this together.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Its Portland State. Carl Marx would be a conservative there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Since when is getting fired from a job related to freedom of speech or freedom of the press? When will you posters ever learn that the only way your freedom of speech is infringed upon is when you're locked up for what you say?

They even gave actual reasons for the firing. Did you read them? The newspaper doesn't seem to like taking things out of context.
    "Taken out of context" = anything that does not jive with the liberal leadership's view.

10+ Year Old Account
    speaking as a muslim and as someone who takes part in such questionaires at my own university MSA (Muslim Student Association) I totally agree with the response of the anonymous muslim at the end. The countries and people that practice. nearly every problem that we deal with on campus and taking from our experience in other countries (at least where I come from) is the enforcement of religion. Near once a month we tackle this issue almost every 2nd Jumah prayer session, where there are certain people in the community who push their religion onto others. Religion is meant to be a personal and intimate thing. Not a sword to attack with or a shield to hide behind.

Unfortunately this is not widely known or understood. Or even simply that non muslims and muslims have occupied the same land peacefully even dating to the start of Islam in Saudi Arabia.

We do deal with, and realize at least in our comparatively small community that the people who do understand the basis of "live and let live" and "that your religion is your own mandate" are a shy minority while unfortunately the uneducated masses are fairly vocal. It is a work in progress but to be honest even though changes are taking long they are happening.

I do not know the depth of this incident though im sure it will come up in the coming meetings. I do agree with the editors response that given the policitcal climate now a days and how volatile things are its best to approach things cautiously rather than have a YOLO attitude while brandishing about the "freedom of press" banner.
    Last edited by Minikin; 2017-05-16 at 12:11 AM.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    "Taken out of context" is used by both sides of the political spectrum. Try again please.
    It was specifically aimed at PSU's newspaper leadership, so it is correct in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    What the fuck? Are you new to the internet?

This might be the most naive statement I've ever fucking read.
    "OMG guys he said it was only ok to kill non-believers in Muslim majority countries with Sharia law!" "Way to take his comment out of context!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rev21Sihx View Post
    It's more than that. Did you read the full article?

They used his recording and posted it on a right wing site without his permission (Which isn't a crime) thus causing him to get fired.

So. He was fired for a right wing site having any affiliation with his college.

When he's a reporter. That posted news. Like any reporter does. With no malice, or love for either side.

And it just so happened it was ran by a right wing site that took his video.
    Until then it was fine that he posted it to his twitter.

To fire him for "endangering a student because of their beliefs" is completely a restriction in transparent press.
    This is our news. News is supposed to be inform people - educate them, without bias, by running these stories.

Are you truly not worried at all by this shutdown of the press? If you are left, or right it is okay to not like something your party does.

You don't have to keep your mouth firmly planted on their cheeks just to continue being in your party.

You can disagree with your party, it won't kill you.
    did you?

because that's not why he was fired, Nixx literally posted the reason why, which is that he posted the vid with no context and they felt that he was trying to push a negative message. so half of your post is bullshit, sorry.

the other half tells me you have fuck all of an idea of how free speech and a free press works. or that this was a college and not a political party so miss me with this drivel about " shutting down the press" and "you can disagree with your party ya know..." I don't belong to any party, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post
    To be fair, left and right both would probably find a way to do that.
    I can agree to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh-huh. Nice deflection. It's not a valid criticism. Context does matter.
    The context was against a specific group, which is valid if you read the paper in question over the years.

Then why are you trying to pretend your relationship is somehow immune to divorce? Or that her race matters at all with regards to your personal bigotry. It has been proven time and time again that bigots overlook those closest to them.

Of course you'd have to understand that I'm not bigoted against anyone based on ethnicity.