Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

I figured I'd start a thread on this since I'm playing it right now and it comes out on friday.

Not super far, but I'll answer some questions if I can.

Faye is best girl by the way.

Another one??

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

I'm eagerly awaiting my CE to come in on Friday!!!! I'm super jealous that you're already playing! How is it so far?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post
    Another one??
    I mean it was announced back in Janurary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    I'm eagerly awaiting my CE to come in on Friday!!!! I'm super jealous that you're already playing! How is it so far?
    Super spiffy so far. It feels really futuristic with the new ui and sound affects. Some stuff is different than a typical fire emblem, but it was always the black sheep of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I mean it was announced back in Janurary.
    I'm out of the loop when it comes to video games. Let alone FE games. It feels like they're just kinda cranking 'em out. Could be wrong, though.

I'm out of the loop when it comes to video games. Let alone FE games. It feels like they're just kinda cranking 'em out. Could be wrong, though.
    awakening and fates were 3 year apart and fates and shadows is 2 years

then we got the spin offs coming but no they are not cranking anything out
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're not super wrong. It's their 4th most popular franchise now. Rip Metroid.

Man, I could do with any Metroid that isn't just another Other M, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    awakening and fates were 3 year apart and fates and shadows is 2 years

then we got the spin offs coming but no they are not cranking anything out
    Mm, if you say so. Admittedly I've never been a fan of the series. Primarily cause of my ex and Smash Bros.

It feels that way because Fates had a ridiculously long localization time and this one is nearly WW release(only 1 month later then Japan instead of 8 months like Fates).

- - - Updated - - -

Mario
    Mario Kart
    Smash
    Pokemon
    Zelda
    Animal Crossing

My math is showing it's 7th at best

But yea, it's funny the franchise was nearly on it's death bed before Awakening. What a turn around.

You can't pick your Waifu tho, no thanks shitty remake.

Only half joking.

Game has done poorly in Japan but that might be due to the fact this game is a remake of Gaiden which may have not done well in Japan at all, though this is the first time the west is seeing Gaiden outside of imports or other various methods. I'll be interested to see how it does and if this prompts other remakes of older FE games or if they stick to the awakening/fates routes with marriage and kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    You can't pick your Waifu tho, no thanks shitty remake.

Only half joking.
    You can still pick best girl (faye) and have support conversations with them at least. It's all fully voiced now too.

Deleted
    I am enjoying the game very much at the moment and me not half way thought yet. It sad you can't pick who marries who because it's hard for me to like characters that already have a set path.

Have a mod merge the threads? they should be able to figure out which one was first ( you hope )

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I finally picked it up last weekend and have been playing it when I have time (and energy, I fall asleep during levels sometimes after I get home from work). My first question is WHO in their right FUCKING mind programmed this game so that healing your allies causes damage to your HEALER? Wouldn't be a problem if Clerics weren't squishier than your poop after binge eating at Taco Bell, or they had a much higher health pool.

FWIW, I never did finish Fates, I didn't like it that much. Awakening I think I cleared everything but the last level on the hardest difficulty without character perma deaths. I am playing this one on Normal Hardcore to start out, since apparently it's the only way I will ever learn how to win at strategy games. Between this and the BattleTech beta, I have my TBS game fill for a while.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2017-06-02 at 10:55 PM.

I finally got the CE, the "select" music CD contains 30 songs which was a lot more than what I was expecting and the pins and art book is nice, it'll go with my fates one.

The game itself is my favorite so far. I am so so so so glad they cut the convoluted complexity that came with fates, awakening was fine but fates just add more layers of stuff that it didn't need.

I'm also not going to buy that over priced dlc. I might get the prologue story one when it comes out but that's it.

I was gonna get it until I saw the lovely season pass that costs more than the game itself. Oh well, back to replaying Awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    I was gonna get it until I saw the lovely season pass that costs more than the game itself. Oh well, back to replaying Awakening.
    The season pass that not only costs more then base game, but also contains less content! Great job Nintendo!

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Then don't buy it because none of it is actually necessary or good except maybe the story prequel

The first 2 are literally dungeons to grind then the prequel and then the 4th unlocks 4th stage promotions which is redundant