Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I never said I didn't understand it.
    I said the rest of the world doesn't. And I mean, obviously you don't. Just because it's 2017, you think all the worlds' "evils" are gone?
    Sorry, but they're not.
    So, if people in positions of power abused them before, you think now in 2017 with the internet & space flight, that those abuses are somehow gone??

They *poof* out of existence because you can sit behind a keyboard and voice your opinion?
    What are you rambling about? You clearly do not understand the first thing about laws, politics or social issues. Otherwise you wouldn't say "the rest of the world doesn't." They do. That's why those laws exist. Nobody thinks all "evils" are gone. People like you are part of the problem, however.

Abuse exist, that's right. But the solution is not to discredit everything that exists. And neither is the stubborn and childish attitude of "Oh, I'll decide now that since I think something is abusive, nothing will apply to me." Stomping your foot and crying works in the supermarket before the sweets stand maybe, but among grown ups you actually have to go the extra mile and provide a solid argument for your case.

What you're doing right now? It's just baseless conspiracy drivel about some vague "abuse" against an undetermined people, by undetermined people and some generalised sweeping statements about the rest of the world and blablabla... That's not enough to come up with "I despite all laws that make up this country". Because by that logic and age group, my first instinctive response is to hire some thug to steal all your possessions. Why? Because you're not protected by any laws and I would find it somewhat amusing to see your face when you realise why laws exist... hypothetically. Think about that one for a while.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

These morons just want to do what they want, and pick and choose which laws work for them. "Oh, but they are your laws. You have to obey them. But, I can go 20 over the speed limit because I do not choose to follow them."
    Last edited by eillas; 2017-05-21 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're morons that doesn't realise legitimacy to declaring oneself and any property or location of theirs a sovereign nation does not make it so, but that gaining legitimately to that claim comes from others recognising them as such? What else is there to say really? Might makes right and all that.

Even with this claim they'll be seen as a resident of the actual nation they live in, and not their own pretend one, and will be tried as such if it comes to legal action if they cause trouble or break laws.

No one likes them. They are crazy

/thread

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    No one likes them. They are crazy

/thread
    That's not true. We love them. Or at least getting to watch them get owned by people who actually know what laws are.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    They're morons that doesn't realise legitimacy to declaring oneself and any property or location of theirs a sovereign nation does not make it so, but that gaining legitimately to that claim comes from others recognising them as such? What else is there to say really? Might makes right and all that.

Even with this claim they'll be seen as a resident of the actual nation they live in, and not their own pretend one, and will be tried as such if it comes to legal action if they cause trouble or break laws.
    Let's indulge their little fantasy.

Fine, the laws don't apply to you because you claim to be a Sovshit? Arrest (Failing to comply would get rather ugly, since you have no protection from force in any amount legally), put through deportation, since they aren't American citizens, with no proof they belong here, let's get em out.

Where do we send them? Well, until you can reach the consul or embassy of the country they belong to, I guess they get to be held until such a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    That's not true. We love them. Or at least getting to watch them get owned by people who actually know what laws are.
    Good point!

Seems absurd, but then if you really think about it sovereignty is a completely arbitrary concept anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Fine, the laws don't apply to you because you claim to be a Sovshit? Arrest (Failing to comply would get rather ugly, since you have no protection from force in any amount legally), put through deportation, since they aren't American citizens, with no proof they belong here, let's get em out.

Where do we send them? Well, until you can reach the consul or embassy of the country they belong to, I guess they get to be held until such a time.
    I imagine they'd set up their own consul staffed by themselves.

And you wouldn't be able to arrest them - diplomatic immunity :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    -snip-
    Look at it this way - there's a huge benefit if what these special snowflakes say is true:

You have the right to travel around in space rockets!

"My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Seems absurd, but then if you really think about it sovereignty is a completely arbitrary concept anyway.

I imagine they'd set up their own consul staffed by themselves.

And you wouldn't be able to arrest them - diplomatic immunity :P
    There are formal channels for diplomatic immunity. I can't just go to Canada, claim diplomatic immunity, and snort coke off 14 year old midget prostitutes ass cracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    There are formal channels for diplomatic immunity. I can't just go to Canada, claim diplomatic immunity, and snort coke off 14 year old midget prostitutes ass cracks.
    Bob: "Hey, President Bob, can I be a diplomat?"
    Bob: "Sure you can, Bob!"
    Bob: "Thanks, Bob!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    This just reminds me of that line from Archer: "Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass."
    You're welcome. Skitthead.

After Skitt's Law, an Internet Law named after a prominent poster on alt.usage.english.

Wait, am I allowed to reference the internet? I can never remember if it exists yet or not.

Eh, Usenet is pretty retro so it'll probably be okay.
    For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.
    Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails.
    Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.
    Amen

Deleted
    fuck them, I always enjoy videos of them getting smashed lol ... this is my favorite one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfVbiefMdNU