Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Man sacrifices infant daughter on tantrik’s advice

In another barbaric case of human sacrifice, a 25-year-old man has been arrested for beheading his own one-and-a-half-year-old daughter on the advice of a tantrik who promised to cure him of his ailment. The incident occurred in Narauli village under Banether police station in Sabhal district on Friday night.

According to police officials, the accused, Kalyan Singh, took out his daughter who was sleeping with his mother and used a kitchen knife to behead her in another room. He fled the spot soon after the incident. Later, when the woman woke up in the middle of the night to feed her daughter, she could not find her. She searched the house and found her lying in a pool of blood in the adjoining room. On hearing her shrieks, neighbours reached the post and called the police.

Banether station house officer Praveen Kaushik said, "Police teams were formed to search for the accused who was arrested on Saturday morning. We also recovered the kitchen knife used in the murder of the infant. During interrogation, Kalyan Singh revealed he was suffering from some ailment and got in contact with a tantrik who told him to sacrifice his daughter if he wanted to become healthy. We are on the lookout for the tantrik too."
    According to the police officials, the accused got married four years ago and the couple has another three-year-old daughter.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/58768231.cms

10+ Year Old Account
    Public flensing and evisceration, with an injection of a substance that doesn't allow for someone to lose consciousness.

Just like the Laughing Skull, fight savagery with savagery.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

... Why would a father kill his daughter to MAYBE cure himself of an ailment? That is the most selfish thing you could possibly do. I hope that voodoo doctor gets a death sentence as well.

Put them both down....simple.

(But only after they milk the guy for info and find where the tantrik is if there real)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    ... Why would a father kill his daughter to MAYBE cure himself of an ailment? That is the most selfish thing you could possibly do. I hope that voodoo doctor gets a death sentence as well.
    The power of primitive superstition should not be underestimated. That's a mistake made by many people when dealing with less advanced cultures. To us murdering one's own child is one of the most heinous crimes possible. In some other cultures it's a perfectly acceptable sacrifice to please gods or spirits.

At least the Indian government is attempting to fight against such barbarism. But beliefs, attitudes and traditions that are thousands of years old are difficult to root out from a population of over one billion, of which the majority still lives in very primitive conditions. There are always pockets of backwardsness where old beliefs endure.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I love superstition / religion, clearly make the world a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    This is why I love superstition / religion, clearly make the world a better place.
    People will commit atrocities whether there is religion or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all cultures are equal, its why they shouldn't be mixed.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

He should have asked for a second opinion. I am sure he could have found someone who would suggest offing his boss, or maybe his mother-in-law instead.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    No no it's clearly religions fault it can't be that someone can do bad things whether they are religious or not that is why Stalin's regime never committed atrocities. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Thats some shit thats independent of religion. You gotta be touched in the head to kill your kid regardless of religious belief. If it wasn't this then it probably would've been something else.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    So you'd rather they sit out in their own little pocket like some zoo exhibit?

That he's being punished IS the mixing of cultures. The Indian government will punish him for breaking the law, regardless of whether it would be "illegal" in his culture. (Though the mother's reaction makes it sound as if it isn't exactly deemed "acceptable behavior")

You have a very weak perception of the influence of western culture, apparently.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Thats some shit thats independent of religion. You gotta be touched in the head to kill your kid regardless of religious belief. If it wasn't this then it probably would've been something else.
    The number of people in "developed" nations like the US and Canada who kill their kids using "Natural remedies" or "faith healing" would disagree. The VAST majority of these kind of things are almost directly religiously influenced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    The number of people in "developed" nations like the US and Canada who kill their kids using "Natural remedies" or "faith healing" would disagree. The VAST majority of these kind of things are almost directly religiously influenced.
    Do you have numbers to back that up?

"anti-vaxxers" are usually just suburban idiots. I've seen nothing conflating them with a faith of any kind.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Sadly too true.

And the overwhelmingly vast majority of religious people (or any people, really) wouldn't perform such atrocities. Outliers are outliers. Reasons for committing atrocities are simply reasons. If not one reason, then another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    In my opinion, you have it completely backwards. This right here is exactly why they should be mixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a case of him trying to cure his kid with some homeopathic whatever. He murdered her for his own selfish reasons. He obviously care too much about his daughter, the tantrik was just the catalyst.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    In my opinion, you have it completely backwards. This right here is exactly why they should be mixed.
    That's an uncomfortably good point.

We have an insane murderer and an insane accomplice as far as I'm concerned, they both need to go.

I'm just having trouble deciding who's worse, the religious crackpot telling people to sacrifice their children to cure their ailments or the person who actually hears that and goes "sure, that sounds like a great idea!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.