Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Keep moving them goalposts. You said it wasn't because of the ongoing investigation, he said he did it because he thought the investigation was fake news. So he did it BECAUSE of the ongoing investigation. Or you do believe this bullshit that he fired Comey because he crossed the line in acknowledging the Clinton email investigation, something Trump applauded during the campaign.

Also I know it doesn't end the investigation, Trump didn't. That is why the fucking moron started bragging to the Russians that since he fired Comey it will take the pressure off the investigation. This is the same fucking idiot who just told the Israeli government, "I just got back from the Middle East," while in Israel.
    Wow. Put down the MSM talking points book and think critically.

Trump has ALWAYS thought the investigation was fake news. Firing Comey does nothing to stop it, and he knows that. Don't parrot a talking point as a fact just because it paints Trump in a negative (read: stupid) light.

We all know Comey wasn't fired because of the Clinton investigation, that was just PR to feed the American people. Clinton would have fired Comey by now as well. It should say something that both candidates would have fired him. Maybe it's less about the President and more about the person that got fired.... But that would require common sense, so I can see why few people see it that way.

Trump also never said that to the Russians. That it would "take pressure off" the investigation. Where in the hell do you get this BS from? A leaked anonymous source of a document of the meeting? Can we see the actual meeting notes? At least the declassified edition?

I guess it depends what dimension you live in. My brain hurts reading your reply.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post

Trump has ALWAYS thought the investigation was fake news. Firing Comey does nothing to stop it, and he knows that. Don't parrot a talking point as a fact just because it paints Trump in a negative (read: stupid) light.

We all know Comey wasn't fired because of the Clinton investigation, that was just PR to feed the American people. Clinton would have fired Comey by now as well. It should say something that both candidates would have fired him. Maybe it's less about the President and more about the person that got fired.... But that would require common sense, so I can see why few people see it that way.

Trump also never said that to the Russians. That it would "take pressure off" the investigation. Where in the hell do you get this BS from? A leaked anonymous source of a document of the meeting? Can we see the actual meeting notes? At least the declassified edition?

I guess it depends what dimension you live in. My brain hurts reading your reply.
    Clinton wouldn't have fired Comey, since he was investigating Trump, as well as the IC. If anything she would of encouraged the DOJ to hire a special prosecutor so her administration could focus on the agenda that was voted for by popular mandate.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Clinton wouldn't have fired Comey, since he was investigating Trump, as well as the IC. If anything she would of encouraged the DOJ to hire a special prosecutor so her administration could focus on the agenda that was voted for by popular mandate.
    Yes, she would have, probably soon after getting into office. In that instance she would have won the election and halted the investigation. Just like Trump hasnt investigated Hillary on her emails like he said he would do. She would have stopped any investigation and had Comey let go.

Clinton would have fired Comey by now as well. It should say something that both candidates would have fired him.
    What's your source on this? If Hillary was elected, there wouldn't have been any reason for her to fire him.

You said yourself that Trump didn't fire Comey due to the Clinton investigation like his administration claimed. We all see that as a complete BS smokescreen PR move in order to appear magnanimous. So why DID he fire Comey if not for that? If it was for a reason other than the Russia investigation as you seem to claim, why have they not given the American people the real reason?

You claim that Trump didn't actually say that firing Comey was to "take pressure off" him, so by extension I assume you don't believe that Trump also called him a "nutjob". So if it wasn't the Clinton investigation. If it isn't Russia. If it isn't because Comey is a nut job, then why was he fired?
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Yes, she would have, probably soon after getting into office. In that instance she would have won the election and halted the investigation. Just like Trump hasnt investigated Hillary on her emails like he said he would do. She would have stopped any investigation and had Comey let go.
    I don't think so, she would of used Comey to investigate the Republicans and the Trump campaign more vigorously and more quickly than the current timetable.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Can we see the actual meeting notes? At least the declassified edition?
    Um. You don't know how anything works, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    I don't think so, she would of used Comey to investigate the Republicans and the Trump campaign more vigorously and more quickly than the current timetable.
    I doubt it, the US (Dems) meddled with Netanyahus election. Hell we have a history of meddling with elections around the world so as Obama would say we should "get off our high horse". This is only a big deal because Trump won and people are butt hurt. If Hillary won this would be dropped. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I thought conspiracy theories weren't allowed on these forums.
    They are if they have the correct political bent.

Yeah a little dose of reality probably would make your brain hurt. I'm just wasting my time talking to someone whose only response is "I reject the facts and substitute my own."

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Yeah a little dose of reality probably would make your brain hurt. I'm just wasting my time talking to someone whose only response is "I reject the facts and substitute my own."
    Isn't that what you do?

Fox News has retracted the story.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...stigation.html
    Although on page 13 smh.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    I doubt it, the US (Dems) meddled with Netanyahus election. Hell we have a history of meddling with elections around the world so as Obama would say we should "get off our high horse". This is only a big deal because Trump won and people are butt hurt. If Hillary won this would be dropped. Just my opinion.
    So the fact that the US government has meddled in the affairs of other nations, it means that we're fair game to have our elections meddled with? Sorry, but no. The US meddling in the affairs of other governments is just as damnable and wrong as it is for a foreign power getting involved in our affairs.

But you're damn right people are "butt hurt" over the fact that it's Trump who won due to the meddling. Want a really quick history lesson as to why?

Every time the US has meddled in the elections or the politics of another nation, it's been with the express purpose of either destabilizing that nation's government, or to install a leader who would be more friendly toward the United States.

Now, lets logically apply that to the 2016 elections, and the accusations that Russia meddled. Do you think Russia did it for the good of the US people? Or would it logically follow that it was for the express purpose of destabilizing the US government and/or installing a pro-Russia leader?

Is it sinking in why this is kind of a big deal?
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that the story has now been retracted going to close the thread as it has now lost the thing that made this even somewhat credible.

closing