Deleted

M Elisande - Spanning singularity does not target healers

So I've heard people discuss this topic and was unable to find definite answers to it, so I decided to make a post myself.

Spanning singularity only targets ranged DPS players. Last night we did 40 pulls on Elisande where we got different amounts of singularities, but I'll be conservative and estimate we got 3 singularities per pull. This gives 150 singularities in total. We had 3 healers and 8 ranged dps.

If SS is able to target healers, then roughly every third SS should do so, statistically speaking. This means that about 50 of those 150 should have been on a healer. We had 0 singularities targetting our healers.

I kinda feel like this is statistically significant.

Bear in mind that we're not talking about the singularities that pops during phase change, these always target the person closest to the middle and can therefore target healers as well, we're only talking about the SSs that she casts during phases.
    Last edited by mmocadd85def5d; 2017-05-16 at 06:39 AM.

It does target healers, but not Holy Paladins or Mist monks, they are classified as melee. Any other healer does need to run it out. Trust me, we just recently killed it, it didn't happen a lot but it DOES happen.
    Last edited by meroko; 2017-05-16 at 06:39 AM.

Deleted
    Our Hpriest or Rdruid didn't get it even once, I just don't believe it.

Deleted
    It doesn't target Healers. Only Range DPS.

There might be a nuance here that's causing confusion. She has 2 different ways of spawning singularities - when she spawns at the beginning of the 3 phases, and just her plain cast of spanning singularity. When she enters the battlefield she spawns a singularity simply at the player nearest to her starting spot in the center regardless of class/spec/role (also echoes this spot each time rewind). As for her plain cast of spanning singularity, I do not know if it can target non-hpally/MW healers. I never saw it cast under me as resto sham, but I did see it spawn under me as elemental.

Deleted
    It will only be able to target healers on the first cast of a phase (i.e. on pull and after time rewind thing) other than that no it does not go on healers, ive never moved for it once aside from the before mentioned times and have never had it as Rdruid.

Shouldn't the mid fight Singularities target the closest ranged to the boss regardless of spec? Perhaps your healers were secretly playing well, always being the farthest. Or some of your ranged always moved late. Both giving you the impression it only targets DPS.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Deleted
    Killed it 2 months ago and 100% it targetted both me and the other rDruid.

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    Shouldn't the mid fight Singularities target the closest ranged to the boss regardless of spec? Perhaps your healers were secretly playing well, always being the farthest. Or some of your ranged always moved late. Both giving you the impression it only targets DPS.
    That's only the phasing singularitys, the one on pull, the one at the start of p2 and the one at the start of p3, the rest have nothing to do, whatsoever with your positioning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Our Hpriest or Rdruid didn't get it even once, I just don't believe it.
    They dont target healers.
    The one you thought targeted you as a Healer is most likely just the echoed spawn or as others suggested the opening spawns onto the closest target.
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2017-05-16 at 03:50 PM.

Spanning Singularity does not target healers. We've killed it 7 times and took over 100 attempts on progression and have never made healers stand out, and it's never spawned on anything but ranged dps.

The ones on phase transitions always hit closest target regardless of spec/role.

Only the ones at the beginning of transitions can target healers

very interesting. will definitely help healers.

the mid-phase one have targeted me and I play a healer (rdruid)

Deleted
    We've had about 80 pulls on our first kill and im 100% sure it targeted me once or twice as a holy paladin. It could be that our ranged were dead at that point but im not sure. so be carefull.

Deleted
    It starts targeting healers once you bring too many melees/don't have enough ranges. Can't tell what the threshold is though.