Class changes 7.2.5

Hi,

I have just returned to WoW 890 Item level i have saved tons of AP before i left, so i'm curious which spec should i spend my AP in? i like all specs so no need for "pick your favorite" i can play all and enjoy all but if i am going to spunk a load of AP into one which one should i spunk it in to?

Thanks.

Deleted
    Hello,

what do you want us to answer ? Your question is far too vague, we don't know what you're planning to do, competitive pve, casual pve, pvp ? Anyway if your problem is just AP, consider that all the AP you have is nothing compared to what you earn and is needed right now, since Artifact Research have evolved a lot (25,000% bonus before 7.2, 1,000,000% bonus now). 45th trait cost for example 108 millions or something like that.
    So please reformulate your question, so we can answer it

7.2 affliction is the strongest raid/m+ spec.

7.2.5 is still unknown until all the tuning is done over the next month or so.

Which one do you enjoy the most? That would be my answer.

Deleted
    im not sure u can use collected ap on another artifact weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by severan View Post
    7.2 affliction is the strongest raid/m+ spec.

7.2.5 is still unknown until all the tuning is done over the next month or so.

I kinda want to know the best one for 7.2.5 so i can invest my AP i have saved into the weapon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elum View Post
    I kinda want to know the best one for 7.2.5 so i can invest my AP i have saved into the weapon!
    The best one for what ?

MM, raiding, arena, battlegrounds, pet battles ?

Deleted
    The AP you have "saved into the weapon" is weapon-specific. You won't be able to transfer that into another weapon. So you're kind of locked in already.

However, as someone said before: The amount of AP you have collected before 7.2 is negligible. You can farm the 65 Million that you would get refunded from a full 54-trait pre-7.2 weapon in a day doing world quests with the current AK.

No reason to not unlock all 3 of them and at least unlock the 4 new traits in all of the 3 weapons. After that, you might want to pool AP into one of them. So far, it's not really possible to preview what's "best" in 7.2.5 (actually even independent of what you want to do: PvE, PvP, pet-battles ).

Also define "tons" AK is going up again and currently most WQ's give me over 2 million AP.

Deleted
    You are trolling, right ? I answered you and you reply the exact same thing to someone else. If you don't want to make an effort and explain what drives you to play warlock, then none of us is going to make the effort to write a complete answer with pro's and con's for each spec.

Deleted
    So many rude, ignorant people like Katakas troll these boards I'm afraid. I'm probably sticking to Destro in the hope that they at least improve its damage relative to other dps classes, though I read Havoc is being nerfed - the best thing in the toolbox right now! Despite it's pathetic lack of mobility and many other problems, destro seems a bit more fun (remember that word Katakas?) than Demo or Aff in Legion.

I'm not hopeful, however, as Bliz seem to have it in for warlocks. I levelled a BM hunter recently, and at 880 ilevel it's already pumping out nearly as much damage as my 905 lock! It's got great mobility, fantastic aoe and st damage, and a good range of utility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperbole View Post
    So many rude, ignorant people like Katakas troll these boards I'm afraid. I'm probably sticking to Destro in the hope that they at least improve its damage relative to other dps classes, though I read Havoc is being nerfed - the best thing in the toolbox right now! Despite it's pathetic lack of mobility and many other problems, destro seems a bit more fun (remember that word Katakas?) than Demo or Aff in Legion.

I'm not hopeful, however, as Bliz seem to have it in for warlocks. I levelled a BM hunter recently, and at 880 ilevel it's already pumping out nearly as much damage as my 905 lock! It's got great mobility, fantastic aoe and st damage, and a good range of utility.
    Patronizing and insulting and you dare to say I'm rude. You don't even answer to the OP question, barely telling your life to other. You mention Havoc wich is the big problem right now, and is the ability that made us only a niche spec for all the xpac. You obviously don't know what you're talking about and made it to the point you're comparing destro (one the least played spec in raid) to BM hunter. Your answer is not constructive at all and is meant to make you the "good sympathic" guy while I'm the rude one who doesn't want to answer. There is no point asking for knowledge when you don't even know what you want to learn from others. Effort needs to come from both way.

But to be as hypocrite as you, I advise the OP to take destruction if new things excite him, since the spec is completely redesigned in the next patch. Anyway nothing is fixed now and all is subject to changes. If you need further information the "sticky" guides on the main page explain things well.

In short the specs play like this:

*Demo: "Rube Goldberg DPS machine" incarnate here. Needs to have top notch single target or not worth playing. Suffers from highest penalty in terms of disruption to rotation at a specific point, least mobile, most durable to big hits, long ramp up with poor target switching. Absolute haste addict with a mastery addiction the higher ilvl you get, especially playing conduit builds.

*Affliction: Iconic lock spec gets a bit more about the dots and less a channeling whore. Jury is still out but without MG "burst" or priority damage will go down, cleave/spread pressure/mobility all go up. Pretty good all around. More tolerant of stat distribution.

*Destro: so far they toned down cleave a lot and have been pushing ST numbers back up slowly. Pretty much the same mechanics just cleaned up a little. You will always be a second rate mage and tuning has historically always reflected that. I like the direction they are going and its refreshing to deal direct damage more but its just always undertuned. Pretty forgiving of stat distribution.

Which will end up being dominant? Hard to say with at least 2 months worth of tuning yet to go give or take. If you like a summoner and can keep up with more complexity demo is a fun challenge. Aff can get boring but certainly is effective. While presently overtuned live (or a instance well designed to its strengths, whichever) most people play it so there is some motive to just make it playable in ToS. Conversely, destro just got a major facelift so if it doesn't see better than bottom of the barrel its a failure so pressure to make it not suck is there but bigger pressure to not make it step on demo's or ANY mage toes.

If you just love your BM hunter I'm afraid none of them will feel like that and all will require a more planning in playstyle since you have less tools, mobility, pretty much everything. If you want the easiest path to the top of the charts I'd probably say another class is a better option. QoL has been a pretty ongoing complaint over all 3 specs this expac so make sure you like the class (totally divorced from its numbers) before making the time investment.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperbole View Post

Havoc nerf is one of the best thing that could happen to Destro, they will finally give single target a fair shake because your two target dps won't skyrocket because of it.

Deleted
    Quite. Wreak Havoc has been the albatross around destruction's single target damage - you cannot have competetive single target damage that you can duplicate with virtually no effort or thought to a second target.

Deleted
    I play Demo, works well in higher Mythic + and is good fun. If you enjoy BM hunter this is a twist on the same kind of idea.

Affli made me want to fall on a blunt rusty spoon... and Destro just feels like you're playing a limp d*ck fire mage.

Just my opinion of course

Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post
    I play Demo, works well in higher Mythic + and is good fun. If you enjoy BM hunter this is a twist on the same kind of idea.

Affli made me want to fall on a blunt rusty spoon... and Destro just feels like you're playing a limp d*ck fire mage.

I also main demo, but I have to say, there is one HUGE difference between demo and BM... mobility. BM mobility is infinite, demo mobility is almost non-existent. To be good at demo you have to 1) Only move when you have to 2) try to fill movement with life taps, demonwrath, or doom (if you don't have Hand of Doom) and 3) try to set up your TKC in a way that ensures you won't be interrupted during its cast. Also, demon circle and demonic gateway are your friends (and burning rush if you can live without demon skin)

Demo is too slow for Mythic+, and it doesn't have Soulflame.

and Destro just feels like you're playing a limp d*ck fire mage.
    weirdly enough, fire mages currently suck as well. =P

in regards to the OP: it appears destro is getting buffed for tomb, so if you like the specc I suggest to invest your AP in that weapon and try to farm some legendaries. If you take a look at alle the world's top warlocks, all of them are destruction already.

Deleted
    when is this patch finally gonna come out jesus