10+ Year Old Account

"GotO can now only spawn up to a max of 10 Healing Spheres from a single attack."

Huh? Is there a situation where you could spawn 10 orbs at once? Don't you need to have 100% of your HP in damage done to spawn 1? Also, if you get knocked below 30%, that's another one, so 2 at once.

How do you get them to spawn 10 at once from a single attack?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

With the Tank challenge health debuff, my HP was reduced to 1 HP and I received 99 orbs which healed me for millions. Only happened once but was amazing, my point being I definitely think you can achieve more than 10 healing spheres.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphonfilter64 View Post
    With the Tank challenge health debuff, my HP was reduced to 1 HP and I received 99 orbs which healed me for millions. Only happened once but was amazing, my point being I definitely think you can achieve more than 10 healing spheres.
    How did you live with 1 HP to receive 99 orbs? Was it from stagger tick?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    How did you live with 1 HP to receive 99 orbs? Was it from stagger tick?
    Stagger ticks don't generate GotO. The damage is already calculated from the original hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Stagger ticks don't generate GotO. The damage is already calculated from the original hit.
    So how do you get hit at 1 hp and not die so you can generate all those Orbs?

Maybe it was that trinket from NH that absorbs 2million HP that would kill you and instead heals you for 600k?

I would assume this is related to their stagger changes in the coming patch. This is a fringe case, of course, but in order to balance stagger and give brewmasters power elsewhere things like this do need to be accounted for.

With the ability to pause stagger and a stagger cap which is beyond your hp pool, you can take massive hits and still live. Gift of the Ox is based on the unmitigated damage taken (iirc) so I don't think this is outside the realm of possibility. My napkin math leads me to believe you would need to be stacking mad DR cooldowns for this to happen though.

Huh? Is there a situation where you could spawn 10 orbs at once? Don't you need to have 100% of your HP in damage done to spawn 1? Also, if you get knocked below 30%, that's another one, so 2 at once.

How do you get them to spawn 10 at once from a single attack?
    Stagger ticks can never kill you, just reduce you to 1 HP. If you have 100% stagger, this means you only take 1 damage from any incoming hit, no matter how large. As long as you are above 1 HP when you take the hit, either through pausing stagger with combo or just getting healed in between ticks, you don't die no matter how large the hit was.

Also, remember that with High Tolerance and 2-pc T19, you have 95% stagger with just ISB. This means you can take a physical hit equal to 20 times your max HP and not die, and spawn 20 orbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how do you get hit at 1 hp and not die so you can generate all those Orbs?

Maybe it was that trinket from NH that absorbs 2million HP that would kill you and instead heals you for 600k?
    Stagger damage cannot kill you, and you can have 100% stagger currently, and theres currently no cap to the amount of damage that you can stagger. Granted, this only lasts for 20 seconds with Fortifying Brew, and then you drop back down to 95% stagger, but yea. Monks can literally become unkillable for 20 seconds.

Of course, this is completely unbalanced, and allows Monks to cheese things no other tanks can (Druids can cheese some other things that monks can, but thats mainly because they have both a huge HP pool, a stupid amount of DR, and the ability to burst-heal themselves for 100% of damage).

In the next patch, Monks will be able to Stagger a maximum of 1000% of their max health - At which point in time, you then take actual damage. Given that you get an orb for every 100% of your max health staggered (Not counting talents and artifact traits), its essentially a limit of 10 orbs. I think Blizz decided that they want max 10 orbs anyway, so when you do take 1000% of max health, you aren't generating 15 orbs from talents/traits. IDK why they actually added a cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Stagger damage cannot kill you, and you can have 100% stagger currently, and theres currently no cap to the amount of damage that you can stagger. Granted, this only lasts for 20 seconds with Fortifying Brew, and then you drop back down to 95% stagger, but yea. Monks can literally become unkillable for 20 seconds.
    Holy shit, I did not know that. Of course, this is unkillable for PHYSICAL DAMAGE only, correct? Since we can't stagger 100% of magical damage even with MV.

Stagger caps at just under 100% for physical damage regardless of cooldowns, e.g you cannot survive being melee'd at 1 health, unless you are lucky and Eye of the tiger is ticking just before every enemy swing, which is unlikely.
    Last edited by PinDrop; 2017-05-17 at 06:19 PM.

Stagger caps at 99%. You should take 1% damage regardless of going over 99%. But yeah I remember on Elerethe wipes when she got buffed by lots of spiders, she came over and smacked me twice, generating ~25 orbs between the 2 hits but only doing ~150k a hit to me. And then 1M stagger ticks starting wrecking me, and my self heal went to 1M as I ate orbs. Thing is that it was fun, but was already a wipe so nothing was cheesed. This change essentially doesn't affect us.