Poll: Do you think Vol'jin is truly dead?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    Quote from Gara'jal the spiritbinder back in mogu'shan vaults:
    " Bah! Bested by de likes of you! What a shame for a Zandalari Priest ta endure.
    But it ain't no ting. Take your trinkets; you'll be needin' dem.
    A portal to the Spirit World opens behind Gara'jal's spirit.
    I be goin' now; time ta find a new home for me soul.
    Death be a doorway, an' time a window; I'll be back! AH-HAHAHAHAHAH! "

He later appeared in Throne of Thunder to empower the bosses there. Conclusion, death means little to the trolls, considering Vol'jin's link with the Loa and stuff like that, he will come back one way or another. Death shouldn't be stopping him.
    Wow, so there is still hope?!

Deleted
    He was cremated publicly so that's dedication to faking it...

Vol'jin is dead but probably will return as a spirit or perhaps a loa

10+ Year Old Account
    Those who voted no are probably the same people who think bush did 9/11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

GD, gotta slow down on polls .. read your post and thought poll asked if you wanted him to ocme back or some shit.. no he is dead dead. his spirit may become a LOA but as a physical entity nope.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Those who voted no are probably the same people who think bush did 9/11.
    You're seriously dumb...

We literally see Vol'jin die in front of us. We see his body get taken out and burned. He's not going to be fine. The most he can ever come back as is a spirit or lesser loa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post
    You're seriously dumb...
    Comon, really...?

Back up your statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Vol'jin, Arthas, Varian and Kael'thas will fuse together in Shadowlands and posses Illidan. Illidan will then proceed to make a baby with Thrall to create the ultimate super sand lesbian baby with over 9000 thousand meme power. They will name him Dranosh'jin'thas (that means Hearth of Alternative Darenor in orcish) the Betrayer and High Warking. Dranosh'jin'thas will then absorb the powers of all the leaders of the Alliance and the Horde to make the Ultimate Avatar of Hordliance (the new faction). He will then craft a new weapon from all the legendary weapons that ever existed (and 100 more shards and various parts of Frostmourne that are somehow still out there) and he will use it to cleave Sargeras in half. He will then absorb the power of the Dark Titan and all his demons. He will proceed to rip the Old Gods from Azeroth, using their powers to create a portal to the Void to finally end the biggest threat of them all, the Void Lords. And then, to the ultimate joy of every vanilla and Nostalrius fun-boy ever, wow will finally die, because Blizzard will unplug the servers, having finally created the ultimate hero who can't be bested by any villain. They will proceed to make WoW 2.0 replacing all the boring old classes and races with new fun classes like Thinkers, Blademasters, Wardens, Pirates, Ninjas and more Tinkers and races such as Nagas (who will totally be able to wear pants and ride horses this time around), Vrykul, Vryklu-ogre hybrids, Brown Orcs, Black Dwarfs, Metal Gnomes, Eredar, Undead Elfs, High Elfs, Low Elfs and More Elfs. The first expansion will be Southern Seas, followed by Western Seas, Eastern Seas, Southeastern Seas and Draenor 2.1 where Gul'dan is a transgender baby of an Orc and a Draenei. It will be a great time to be alive and witness all that.
    It could happen...

If you have the hunter's head slot legendary, you would know that Voljin hasn't die yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    We literally see Vol'jin die in front of us. We see his body get taken out and burned. He's not going to be fine. The most he can ever come back as is a spirit or lesser loa.
    No, you see a blanket covered casket carried out and you only something being burned. You didn't see his corpse either carried or burned.

Hes as dead as Tupac !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post
    I hope maybe this is the start of the Shadow Hunter class... would be so goddamn fucking cool as a starting zone quest experience.
    Would be a pretty cool experience to log in and start out in ghost form, doing quests for Loa / spirits.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

If he did fake his death a few major questions would have to be answered.

1. When did he decide to fake his own death. He took a major wound on the battlefield, he did not fake that, there are many witnesses to the fact. If he planned to fake his death before the battle, did he try to take a serious, yet not life threatening wound, because the wound he took could have easily killed him on the spot. It would have been reckless in the extreme to plan to take a wound like he did ahead of time. Did he then decide to fake his death after he took the wound? If he did, how did he organize such a ruse in such a short time, and who else is in on it. If he didn't plan it until after he took the wound, there is absolutely no way he could have faked his death without the assistance of others.

2. Why would he fake his death? What does it gain him personally, or the horde as a whole. There is no way he thinks that Sylvanus would make a better leader. Does he think there are somethings that only he can do in the background, while most think him dead? If so what? Did he decide to run off, and live happily ever after anonymously with a young troll lady? If so, how does this make sense with his character?

3. How on earth could it have been accomplished. We saw him wounded on the throne, we saw him apparently die on the throne, perhaps he 'feigned death' But they than took his body out to be cremated. How would he have snuck away, there appears to be little time between him dying and his cremation.

4. From a story perspective, what do we gain? If blizzard is going to do something like this, they are not just going to do it just because, there is going to be a major plot reason for it. How would it fit in with the story of legion. I just don't see him faking his death having any good fun story arc behind it.

ok here's my far left pitch, Vol'jin died plan simple however as we saw in the cinematic from stormheim (when we were dead) sylvanas was making a deal for I believe Vol'jins soul to be brought back. Now on the same token I don't think King Varian is dead either, we saw Gul'dan infuse him with fel that was it then an explosion. I believe he will be a boss in one of the last raids where we have to save him. Hey like I said a far left pitch but hey you never know with Blizz.

davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    If he did fake his death a few major questions would have to be answered.

1. When did he decide to fake his own death. He took a major wound on the battlefield, he did not fake that, there are many witnesses to the fact. If he planned to fake his death before the battle, did he try to take a serious, yet not life threatening wound, because the wound he took could have easily killed him on the spot. It would have been reckless in the extreme to plan to take a wound like he did ahead of time. Did he then decide to fake his death after he took the wound? If he did, how did he organize such a ruse in such a short time, and who else is in on it. If he didn't plan it until after he took the wound, there is absolutely no way he could have faked his death without the assistance of others.

2. Why would he fake his death? What does it gain him personally, or the horde as a whole. There is no way he thinks that Sylvanus would make a better leader. Does he think there are somethings that only he can do in the background, while most think him dead? If so what? Did he decide to run off, and live happily ever after anonymously with a young troll lady? If so, how does this make sense with his character?

3. How on earth could it have been accomplished. We saw him wounded on the throne, we saw him apparently die on the throne, perhaps he 'feigned death' But they than took his body out to be cremated. How would he have snuck away, there appears to be little time between him dying and his cremation.

4. From a story perspective, what do we gain? If blizzard is going to do something like this, they are not just going to do it just because, there is going to be a major plot reason for it. How would it fit in with the story of legion. I just don't see him faking his death having any good fun story arc behind it.
    Two words: Black Empire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Is this a new meme
    i think they have given up on "VARIAN ISNT DEAD GUYS WE NEVER SAW HIM DIE" so now they go with Vol'jin.

Vol'jin was a sorry excuse for a Warchief that had the most irrelevant and boring death in the game. They made him a Warchief with next to zero character development and killed him off for no reason. Story tellers had no idea what to do with him most likely.

I'm just sad that we are not getting any other troll hero in the story. But hey, Anduin is getting the spotlight! And more elves.

Vol'jin only faked being an elite. He's dead, demons have been farming him for rare voodoo drops.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Sadly, I think this is the case.

Blizzard wasted a LOT of opportunity with Vol'Jin, never really giving him the character development and time in the story that he deserved. And then they killed him when they didn't know what else to do, because their writers suck.

However....I wouldn't mind seeing a Vol'Jin deathknight. That would be freakin AWESOME!

Christie Golden to the rescue, VOL'JIN lives!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's kinda hard to fake having a demon shove a spear through your body and having your body burnt to ash with dozens of people witnessing it. I mean i know this is WoW where magical shit happens but I don't think Vol'Jin faked his death, lol.

davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    Christie Golden to the rescue, VOL'JIN lives!!!
    See! Her joining Blizzard is a sign from the Loa mon!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    As much as i would love Vol'jin back I don't see that happening. Unfortunately if we do ever see him again it will be a one shot as a ghost.
    One shot, really?