Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My problem with assa is the disgusting RNG linked to the class, we depende on great amount of RNG to sustain a not very good DPS, with the same gear you can parse 800k DPS and 1,2M(PB+NBF) with luck and 0 skill.

Now is just wait until the next patch to see how weak or powerfull the spec will be comparing with Outlaw and Sub.

As for your trinkets i wouldn't use NBF ( probably perfer a mastery stat stick over it at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by permp View Post
    My problem with assa is the disgusting RNG linked to the class, we depende on great amount of RNG to sustain a not very good DPS, with the same gear you can parse 800k DPS and 1,2M(PB+NBF) with luck and 0 skill.

Now is just wait until the next patch to see how weak or powerfull the spec will be comparing with Outlaw and Sub.
    On multi target fights like Spellblade, yes.
    On ST fights, the amount of PB and NBF procs doesnt change your damage output by more than ~7-8%.

As for the waiting game, you'd better put 52 traits into every artifact, just in case.
    Last edited by Cyanix; 2017-05-19 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanix View Post
    We are salty because our main raiding spec suffers debatable degradations through this change.

If the talent goes live it in the current iteration this is already sim'ed to be a ~100k dps loss in mythic gear.

That's enough to feel annoyed to say the least.

While not exactly great, assassination serves some purpose in raids. The single target DPS is good and rogues can provide sponge/ soaking service when needed.

Outlaw has decent cleave but subpar single target.
    Sub is only half assed at both.

That leaves you with one spec (out of three, as a dps class mind you) which currently had some appeal for raiders.
    Guess what's going to happen if this spec gets toned down ?

And may i ask who asked for another cooldown-based, ST talent, when the spec was in desperate need of on demand, multi target capabilities ?
    Why is Alacricity PTR lower than Alacricity live ? Is it because of the tier nerf and not related to Alacricity at all, cause Alacricity didn´t change right ?

We can´t worry too much with the overall DPS righ now cause they will likely still numbers tune, what is bad tough is that this talent is just complete crap, Alacricity is miles better, its kind sad were changing our best talent for a crappy one.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-05-19 at 10:27 PM.

Deleted
    Okay lets be real here for a sec and draw a conclusion. There is no way Blizzard will change the Talents this late into ptr, and the only thing we are waiting for now is tuning. We will never get a decent haste scaling and the scaling in general is just bad.

The talent by itself is lackluster and for me lazy and poorly designt. So what are our options now? ... To deal with it honestly. If there is anything more what I missed, pls let me now. Im just pretty frustrated by now and just hope that I dont perform worse than our insane dudu Tank dps ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowslim View Post
    Okay lets be real here for a sec and draw a conclusion. There is no way Blizzard will change the Talents this late into ptr, and the only thing we are waiting for now is tuning. We will never get a decent haste scaling and the scaling in general is just bad.

The talent by itself is lackluster and for me lazy and poorly designt. So what are our options now? ... To deal with it honestly. If there is anything more what I missed, pls let me now. Im just pretty frustrated by now and just hope that I dont perform worse than our insane dudu Tank dps ...
    To me, this is their answer to our lack of multi target/ switch capability. A short CD burst skill.

*Add pops*
    /target Add
    /Cast toxic blades

The price to pay is too high, though, as 'sin ST dps suffers too much to gain this kind of capability that other classes already had from the start.

I cant imagine them buffing overall damage by 10% (which exactly represents the dps loss), so i guess we'll have to pick whatever spec performs better.
    SnD Outlaw doesnt seem too bad on ptr...

It's not the first time they've pulled off a similar stunt since the start of the x-pac. At first Outlaw was the raiding spec of choice before they nerfed it (as were fire mages).

Pretty disgusting tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    EDIT(so Coldkil won't think it's a spam!):
    HA. Don't worry i'm not that harsh.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The first fix, which would be the easiest thing, is to make the debuff on the enemy actually a buff on yourself. Sure it hits a single target initially, but it should improve all your poison damage for 8 seconds, not just on that target.

Second fix, if that is not going to happen... the toxic blade debuff on the enemy can spread (like the way rupture used to spread the bleed in the PTR), providing a chain reaction making your poisons deal more damage to everyone around you, just over a bit of time.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

self buff would be the obvious choice but that would clash with the class fantasy i guess since it's all about tunneling 1 target.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toxic Blade - Stab your enemy with a toxic blade, dealing (600% of weapon damage) Nature damage. The damage of your Nature damage abilities against the target is increased by 30% for 8 sec.
    Awards 1 combo points.
    Assassination Rogue - Level 90 Talent.
    25 Energy.
    Melee range. Instant.
    25 sec cooldown.
    AP but as a button? (and weaker?)

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toxic Blade - Stab your enemy with a toxic blade, dealing (600% of weapon damage) Nature damage. The damage of your Nature damage abilities against the target is increased by 30% for 8 sec.
    Awards 1 combo points.
    Assassination Rogue - Level 90 Talent.
    25 Energy.
    Melee range. Instant.
    25 sec cooldown.
    AP cant be used to burst add. instead this and an envenom should be good burst D:

I mean, yeah, pretty much-- but you get to use Deadly Poison on top of it.

It's a step in the right direction, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I mean, yeah, pretty much-- but you get to use Deadly Poison on top of it.

It's a step in the right direction, I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    AP cant be used to burst add. instead this and an envenom should be good burst D:
    I've forgotten about DP also, yeah. Could be a nice burts, though I still expected our AoE to be more predictable than it's now.

I've forgotten about DP also, yeah. Could be a nice burts, though I still expected our AoE to be more predictable than it's now.
    and the damage modifier 11%->22%

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    and the damage modifier 11%->22%
    Noticed that also but it's a thread about Toxic Blades, not the 7.2.5 changes, though I must say I'm kinda surprised that they increased it so much. ;-) I know that Assa rogues weren't the top melee DPS now, but still - that's a huge buff.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    So nice they changed the 8 second debuff from 40% crit strike bonus of nature damage to 30% increased nature damage, makes a HUGE difference

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when FoK with DP on, using this ability should do 30% increased damage on all adds with DP active on them, plus the change from 11% to 22%, this could bring this spec some what back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    So nice they changed the 8 second debuff from 40% crit strike bonus of nature damage to 30% increased nature damage, makes a HUGE difference

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when FoK with DP on, using this ability should do 30% increased damage on all adds with DP active on them, plus the change from 11% to 22%, this could bring this spec some what back to life.
    Reading the tooltip it says increased damage against target so I'm guessing no good for aoe

the change still doesnt really fix the problem that the cooldown on it is just awkward and the duration is awfully short
    and it's just another single target debuff

honestly if alacrity ends up being bis i'd be happy
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-05-24 at 07:19 PM.

30% might be too little, the Cd is still wierd as hell with it not lining with KB. I doubt itll be better than Alacricity, but at least its much better than the crit crap we got before.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-05-25 at 05:44 AM.

not sure if intentional or not but i think it'll be boss for pvp.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.