Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Legendary talent ring

Equip: Gain the Soul of the Forest talent.
    Catties, Chickens, Bears, Trees, how You feel about it?

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    Catties, Chickens, Bears, Trees, how You feel about it?
    Great! Another legendary to make me farm like nuts. Thought this one sounds very best once I can have it and incarnation. POWER! UNLIMITED POWHA!!!

Deleted
    I'm mostly a bear with GaGu, so being able to do more damage (from Mangle) without changing anything, that's a pure win for me. And getting more rage for Ironfur etc., that's an added bonus.

All in all, I like it. I'll just have to find a new trinket or a pair of boots when I get the ring, as those are the legendaries I currently have.

Deleted
    For boomie it's awesome imo, for resto it's pretty good, for bear it's meh, don't know for kitty since i don't play kitty.

Deleted
    For bear, it will not change that Luffa+Elize is BiS, for those without either of the two, it could be nice.

Balance: Awesome! This is an amazing AoE legendary or an ST fight where you occasionally use Starfall for packs of adds!
    Feral: Idk enough about cat to answer. Seems decent with the change to SOTF for Feral but I really don't play Feral enough to know.
    Guardian: Crap. Very, very weak and lackluster. I doubt I'll ever bother with it as Bear. Hell, my Balance legendaries AOTC and Prydaz, Ekowraith, or the DPS trinket are better (obs Luffa and/or Elize's once I get those).
    Restoration: Awesome! Gives you the mini healing burst cooldown of SOTF while also giving you AoE buffering through Cultivation or your "Oh Shit!" button of Incarnation.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    New helm and ring look interesting: Equip both and go with cultivation as your talent and enjoy all 3 talents! (albeit a shorter, random ToL :P)

I'd imagine for Feral, it'd be a pretty decent legendary since none of the feral ones are like Luffa's are to Guardians. Since my bear gear is mostly haste/versa, my crit is so low that I frequently get strings of non-crits on my combo point generators as kitty, and OOC procs hate me, so having SotF via the ring would help out immensely in terms of always having energy. If your gear is already optimized for kitty, you'll probably be at or close to infinite energy scenario, so you'd go from pooling energy to trying to burn it as fast as possible. Considering I still haven't gotten a Feral-only legendary to drop, I'll probably go Guardian loot spec to guarantee getting the ring so I can Feral it up more often with non-optimal gear.

it looks very potent for feral

For bears it's basically the 4p t19 bonus for "free" - extremely good defensively. Also around a 5% ST damage buff.

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    For bears it's basically the 4p t19 bonus for "free" - extremely good defensively.
    Is that worth 4% passive DR though from Ekowraith or Elize's (purely speaking defensively), or the shield from Prydaz?

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    Also around a 5% ST damage buff.
    IIRC someone did the math and Luffa's is still a higher ST DPS legendary over SOTA.

Overall, there's way better options to pick before SOTA (specifically speaking for Guardian; it's amazing for Balance and Resto)
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

For Resto, it's probably going to be middling at best. You can likely have SoTF up for about every 2nd WG cast, and WG is typically 10-15% of your healing done. If you take the midpoint of that, you're looking at a 4.7% output gain. 4 pc T20 isn't likely to massively increase that in most practical cases, and while taking Prosperity over CW will net ~10% more SoTF casts, the throughput loss from not having CW is probably way too big.

4.7% is pretty weak for a legendary compared to our other legendaries. While shoulders are getting wrecked in 7.2.5, Velen's easily approaches 10%+ on most fights. Prydaz is 7%+ (remember you have to add extra healing from the extra secondary), the belt is within that 7% range. That knocks it down to 5th best legendary at best, which basically means it's trash for most people with a decent amount of Resto legendaries to choose from. It might be OK for non Resto main specs who don't have better legendaries to use.

It also is playstyle determinant in that it requires extra player interaction/skill to get the most out of it. Using SoTF effectively basically forces you to hold Swiftmend until WG is off CD, because you never want to use the buff on anything but a WG (in raids at least), which means less flexibility.

IMO, this is the Resto legendary hierarchy in 7.2.5. Really, you are behind the 8 ball if you don't have 2 from tier 1/tier 2. Everything from tier 3 and below has pretty big limitations.

Tier 1:
    Velen's.

Tier 2:
    Prydaz
    Belt
    Tearstone

Tier 3:
    Bracers
    Ekowraith
    Shoulders
    SoTF Ring
    Incarnation helm (pending proc rate details)

Tier 4:
    Sephuz
    Tranq boots
    Crafted boots

Tier 5:
    Gloves

I vote for changing the bear talent to GG or Pulverize. Kappa

Deleted
    Sounds really BIG!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursov View Post
    I vote for changing the bear talent to GG or Pulverize. Kappa
    Pulv is active, so make it R&T. GG would be amazing if you could combine that with Inc

10+ Year Old Account
    They've said if they gonna change the talent itself from the Talent Tree?
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    They've said if they gonna change the talent itself from the Talent Tree?
    Seeing as how Feral SOTF got modified a bit, I'm going to assume unless there's other changes, no.

It's going to be similar to the Hellfire Amulet from D3. It gives you one of your passives for free and you can pick four more. In WoW's version, it gives you the talent and you pick from one of the two remaining. They may tweak the talent (again, like they just did for Feral) but they're not going to remove it from the tree.

I'm a bit curious how it'll look on the talent pane when you have SOTF without it selected. Is it going to highlight? Ooh, can you pick it twice?

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Pulv is active, so make it R&T. GG would be amazing if you could combine that with Inc
    Mostly because in large packs, spreading moonfire by yourself takes lot of time and you've to do that in between Thrash and Mangle CDs. With Inc and the Thrash spam, i feel like i loose the new moonfire artifact trait entirely.

it looks pretty interesting for feral with the new sotf and somewhat interesting for balance (though the opportunity cost is higher for balance.)

resto, meh. SotF isn't that strong an effect for resto anyway and resto has a few nice options to choose from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'm a bit curious how it'll look on the talent pane when you have SOTF without it selected. Is it going to highlight? Ooh, can you pick it twice?
    Now that would be REALLY interesting but probabaly a bit too good. 20 AP starfalls and mangle on steroids.